• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[Challenges] ♦Fantasy City Build♦

• Please log in to reply
2119 replies to this topic

Bluefrog1

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

Sorry for double posting, not been much activity.

Finished my next 5 houses for stage 3
Posted Image
Also started working on the Longhouse.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

payman
    payman

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

The second house its looking awesome :D
Creepers gonna creepe

SheenaTiger

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

Some Progress-Pictures on the Egyptian Challenge: https://picasaweb.go...allengeEgyptian

Houses done, including my new home... 2nd small Pyramid in work, I decided to make it slightly sunken by 1 block, last one will be sunken by 2 blocks. So, still some pieces open.

Edit:
Finally, Stage 2 is done... took some more time then it should have been, but only thanks to me digging into some texturepacks, experimenting with them and finding some errors while doing so.

Initially I only got some fresh packs to fill the missing textures like for potatoes and other things added since 1.3.2 including an exchange for standard-textures I had used back then.
Thus, with new textures some things like the wood have a new look at the last screenshots.

For the render-pics... sadly Chunky is not able to use some functions like "better stairs" and there must be some issues with wooden slabs or planks, not sure. Most stuff renders fine, but the roofs of the 5 huts look unfinished in the renders...

Lucky for me, the challenge did not state "2 of each domesticated animal" as I am still on the lookout for another chicken... all eggs had granted me no additional chicken up until now -.-

Edit 2:
For the cactus-farm... I feel like I did something wrong, until now I was unable to gather any cacti, or I was just unlucky until now. Not that I really need any of them. Those I have collected simply were in my way while digging for sand or freeing up building-space :)

Edited by SheenaTiger, 17 December 2012 - 11:20 PM.

Posted Image

doomfan64
  • Minecraft: morganbenjamin

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:26 AM

Here's my attempt at the Human challange:
Spoiler: Stage 1

Servers that I play on: Hypixel's server, Drugcraft, Drug Cartel, Mafiacraft, FCB Challenge Server, Lilcraft, lihp.us, Uberminecraft, Diamond Paradise, The Emeralds, AriseFactions, The Hive, Shotbow, and Mineplex.
Looking for user by the name of "luizinho". If someone finds him, PLEASE TELL ME.

SheenaTiger

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

View Postdoomfan64, on 18 December 2012 - 01:26 AM, said:

Here's my attempt at the Human challange:
Spoiler: Stage 1

I see an issue there ... you will have to dig below quite a lot to get enough material for creating land for all those other buildings... and the railway between city, port and castle will be below-ocean as well ^^;
Not to mention the hassle with getting more animals ;)

I'd suggest to move over to the mainland

Posted Image

payman
    payman

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

yeah.... Your egiptian its looking awesome :B
Creepers gonna creepe

SheenaTiger

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

View Postpayman, on 18 December 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:

yeah.... Your egiptian its looking awesome :B

thanks, but the huts are inspired by your design ^^
I think I made them a little more big... and will have to look for new settling-grounds.
What is not visible on my pictures, to the north there is a millenaire-settlement, to the south across the river the desert is quite hilly... only expansion-zone I see right now is to the west, around a bit of jungle though I am still wondering about a large pyramid.

all together it will be according to challenge 2 large and 7 small pyramids. a huge lot of material if they are "solid" buildings as in my case. Aside of the planned chambers there is not one block missing in my pyramids -.-
you can already imagine on my pics where I have digged most of the easy accessable sand and sandstone, leaving bare stone to the sun.
In addition, thanks to the extensive material-digging, I am not searchign for materials like iron or gold... I am doing nearly all work with leather as armor and stone-tools (If I not locate enough deposits while digging sand)

Posted Image

TheSilverHawk
  • Minecraft: TheSilverHawk

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

Hey guys, I haven't done anything on my Human and Angels challenges for a long time ( mainly because I am too lazy :P ).  Are there any new challenges that have been added?

payman
    payman

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

you huts are in a 5x5 area right?

You can get diamonds and obsidian and then enchant a shovel :)

I was using a texture pack and the texture change in the desert but the stairs dont... so I stoped until they fix it :(
Creepers gonna creepe

SheenaTiger

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

View PostTheFalenOne, on 18 December 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

Hey guys, I haven't done anything on my Human and Angels challenges for a long time ( mainly because I am too lazy Posted Image ).  Are there any new challenges that have been added?

Not sure how new they are for you... but egyptian and wraiths are the newest I know about and are located in the second post.

View Postpayman, on 18 December 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

you huts are in a 5x5 area right?

You can get diamonds and obsidian and then enchant a shovel Posted Image

I was using a texture pack and the texture change in the desert but the stairs dont... so I stoped until they fix it Posted Image

I am mixing and matchign the texture packs myself. I am no artist so making own textures is out of the question, but I am good enough to use gimp for easy cut/paste-actions and the MTE-Tool can work some wonders as well.

for obsidian I would need proper tools at first so some diamonds... for diamonds I need an iron pickaxe but with only 2 iron up until now... In addition my level is kinda low thanks to some overestimation of my skills, equipment and laptop. Fighting a couple of enemies with a lagging and jumping minecraft is no good, made me die 2 times in a row -.-

For the huts... let's see.
general it is nearly a 5x5 area I think. Let's asume north is up in the forum:

e=empty/air
s=sandstone
d=door

essdsse
seeeees
seeeees
seeeees
eseeese
eesssee

this is the lowest row as the huts are directly built on sand so if I count correct it is 7x6 without roof. Roof extends with a wooden slab by 1 more tile making them 9x8
I try to remember to make screenshots when I built more for stage 4, the additional 2 for Stage 3 are done by now with the last hut having a mixxed roof made of oak and jungle wood... using whatever material is available :D

Posted Image

TheSilverHawk
  • Minecraft: TheSilverHawk

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

View PostSheenaTiger, on 18 December 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

Not sure how new they are for you... but egyptian and wraiths are the newest I know about and are located in the second post.

Well, the Egyptian is new for me. Posted Image I just started it, but can you tell me how big should the small pyramids be?

SheenaTiger

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

View PostTheFalenOne, on 18 December 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

Well, the Egyptian is new for me. Posted Image I just started it, but can you tell me how big should the small pyramids be?

Hard to say... I made the center and only room 5x5 ... then 4 stairs to get out and the rest is given by the fact that you need to be able to get in using the stairs.

All together it is 17x17 blocks (counting the stairs on the ground) and thus 8 blocks and a sandstone-slab in height. Remember, I made the first pyramid going 1 block down for the chamber.
My 2nd and 3rd small pyramids use a bit of the surrounding sand and in case of the 3rd are dug 1 block more deep, thus saving some material. This would get obvious if you would dig down and expect stairs and solid blocks where the sand "covers" them.

Important for me is, the chambers are completely surrounded by Sandstone, so I do not leave sand, dirt or cobble there, it has to be solid.
If I had some place to upload my world, I would share it, people would have to rememer though I use some mods with custom blocks and items so mostly inventory will not have all stuff.

Posted Image

doomfan64
  • Minecraft: morganbenjamin

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

View PostSheenaTiger, on 18 December 2012 - 08:09 AM, said:

I see an issue there ... you will have to dig below quite a lot to get enough material for creating land for all those other buildings... and the railway between city, port and castle will be below-ocean as well ^^;
Not to mention the hassle with getting more animals Posted Image

I'd suggest to move over to the mainland
Right now my plan is to hope to find a big lava flow underground, then dump the lava over the water to make a cobblestone extension. And I will call the city "Cobbleston" I'll just have to take some dirt off the mainland for the park.
Servers that I play on: Hypixel's server, Drugcraft, Drug Cartel, Mafiacraft, FCB Challenge Server, Lilcraft, lihp.us, Uberminecraft, Diamond Paradise, The Emeralds, AriseFactions, The Hive, Shotbow, and Mineplex.
Looking for user by the name of "luizinho". If someone finds him, PLEASE TELL ME.

SheenaTiger

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

Some new pictures about my progress: https://picasaweb.go...allengeEgyptian

For now only screenshots, showing my new sugar cane farm. The old one will not be taken down and a rough count of the new one was 30 potential spots so along with the deco-canes I placed I will have placed more than 50-60 canes with more than 40 in both farms.

The first house is done as well along with the new huts.
The cactus-farm is not really working until now and I am testing a bit to see if I can get it to work. Cacti are growing, I tested that much, just not those I want to farm. My best bet until now is, they not like the sandstone -.-

Posted Image

payman
    payman

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

The items fall in the cactus and you lose them :/

do it bigger =)
Creepers gonna creepe

SheenaTiger

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

View Postpayman, on 18 December 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

The items fall in the cactus and you lose them :/

do it bigger =)

Well, I have the cactus-farm as wanted... without having any need for cacti.
A test where I had removed one of the "blocking" sandstones and the cactus grew showed that it works when I cut the grown part... it even flowed down into the small basin.

All tutorials showed the generally same structure though most people tend to make it really big (like 32 cacti), I just want it to lok more fitting and decorative while keeping it small... thus the "bridge"

Edit:
okay, let me revise this... when I approached the "farm" right now I saw a dropped cactus-block spawn just above one of them and vanish of course...
I revised the farm a bit and will see if it now might work a bit better...

Edited by SheenaTiger, 18 December 2012 - 08:03 PM.

Posted Image

SheenaTiger

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

For all those who use, like myself, Metallurgy 2 as mod, I have gone through the metals and made an hopefully complete list.

I moved some metals to later stages as they are alloys and would need things you can not use up until then like Electrum which need Gold and Silver... both mineable with tools from Iron-Age but Gold is only useable from Gold-Age onward. Others would be to good, like steel which can mine the same things as diamond and only need iron and manganese (available with iron-tools)

Most metals are only available from Diamond-Age onward, as they are at least nethermetals and/or just diamond-quality or better and getting into the Nether or End without Obsidian... I do not know of a way right now.

Spoiler: Wood-Age

Spoiler: Stone-Age

Spoiler: Iron-Age

Spoiler: Gold-Age

Spoiler: Diamond-Age

Maybe this could be useful in the general rules section (I would suggest a link to this post, not more)

Posted Image

miner11crafter

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

SheenaTiger

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

First, I know this is the 3rd Post in a row, but I have a run right now and my sleep-times seem to be a bit off compared to the other people.

Anyway... Servant House done (3 beds missing), huts and houses done as well... my house upgraded and sugar cane farm fully sugar caned.

Writing area is missing due to lack of books and feathers and the pyramid is in works.

For that project, as people asked for the small pyramid, I thouhgt why not showing the large one while I build it, this time using pics in my post?

Spoiler: Large Pyramid-Project

As I am not done with the current Stage, there are no progress-pictures aside of for the pyramid for now. There are some few pictures I have not posted here, as they just show the surroundings of the pyrmid a bit.

Posted Image

payman
    payman

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

ok you are making a really large pyramid.. looks awesome :D
Creepers gonna creepe