• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Internal client error: java.net.UnknownHostException: session.minecraft.net

minecraft error server problem cant join server minecraft.net minecraft.net error please help help please help!!! cant join minecraft servers

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

XxSUPERxQUACKxX

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

So all week I have been getting this error:
Internal client error: java.net.UnknownHostException: session.minecraft.net
And I have no idea what it is. All I know is that It might be because im not able to connect to minecraft.net although it tells me im online(i have a loaded skin and everyhting) but im unable to join servers and all I get is that same message. Could someone please help me to fix the problem.

P.S: please dont tell me it will pass because all of the people on my server said they had th esame problem but only for a day. So I know this cant be temporary because I've been having this issue since monday.
Ive also been experiencing this on the Tekkit pack.

Register or log in to remove.

masamune91

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:05 PM

Everyone I know has the same issue, including me and cannot connect. You are not alone and we don't know if it is being fixed or not because some people do not have the problem.

RuexMedia3

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:30 PM

i also have this problem...

xPanic
    xPanic

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Minecraft: xPanicTime
  • Xbox:Scap3d

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:40 PM

I have this problem as well, its happening to most players and from what I've been told and read, it is something messed up with the minecraft servers and it should be fixed soon enough.

PanzyCube
  • Minecraft: PanzyCube

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:04 AM

Same problem here and and it's been a few days, im glad other people have it because it's really annoying however I can join 2 servers from the ones I play, I can't join some others that im active in.

Lord_Poring_III

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:50 AM

same problem here i can't even connect to my own server hope it gets fixed soon

bloosyboy

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:55 AM

its possible that your DNS records for session.minecraft.net have not been updated yet, you could try going into command prompt and typing "/ipconfig /flushdns" and then see if that fixed the connection issue

MrHambanana27

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

I can't join any server neither :(, its really bothering me.

scrando
    scrando

Carpenter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Minecraft: Scrando

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

View Postbloosyboy, on 05 July 2012 - 04:55 AM, said:

its possible that your DNS records for session.minecraft.net have not been updated yet, you could try going into command prompt and typing "/ipconfig /flushdns" and then see if that fixed the connection issue

I have tried this and am still getting the issue. Thanks anyway! :)

P.S. There isn't supposed to be a "/" infront of the "ipconfig", just the "flushdns".

xPanic
    xPanic

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Minecraft: xPanicTime
  • Xbox:Scap3d

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

View Postbloosyboy, on 05 July 2012 - 04:55 AM, said:

Didn't work at all. :(

OpKey
    OpKey

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:58 AM

I'm having this problem too. It really sucks. I thought it was something wrong on my end, not Minecraft.

Igneous8
    Igneous8

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

bloosyboy is correct, but the DNS issue is not client side. I had this issue on my own server. After I was unable to automatically resolve the DNS entry for "session.minecraft.net" from the server, I placed the entry "184.73.223.40   session.minecraft.net" in my host file. Once this was completed I could connect to my server from multiple clients and locations that were previously unable to. Seems like the error is caused from that specific server not being able to verify the username with  session.minecraft.net.

xandstorm1997

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:26 AM

yeah, i've been experiencing this problem in trying to connect to the voxelbox.  but i can connect to  some of my friend's servers flawlessly.  i've even tried re-installing the technic launcher, but it still persists...

Codfish98

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

The same problem happened to my computer when I updated Java and I am looking for a way to roll back to an earlier version. If anybody knows how please tell me.

nico040400
  • Minecraft: nico040400

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

I sadly get the same thing when I connect to servers... Can anyone maybe give out a full guide about how to solve this problem?
Posted Image

B2stHunter
  • Minecraft: B2stHunter

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

Man I Hope ANy1 Will Help Us HOw To Solve This Problem....(*sigh*)

Posted Image

(Love Making Pixel Arts,And Building Stuffs EspeciallyRedstone Contraptions!)

Brianher67

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

I have the same problem, I contacted Java to ask what the problem was, but i havent got any reply on whats wrong. I also told what i did to try to remove the problem, but it diddent help at all. :-/

nico040400
  • Minecraft: nico040400

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

View PostIgneous8, on 06 July 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

bloosyboy is correct, but the DNS issue is not client side. I had this issue on my own server. After I was unable to automatically resolve the DNS entry for "session.minecraft.net" from the server, I placed the entry "184.73.223.40   session.minecraft.net" in my host file. Once this was completed I could connect to my server from multiple clients and locations that were previously unable to. Seems like the error is caused from that specific server not being able to verify the username with  session.minecraft.net.
Hey sir, can you maybe please do a little guide for all of us? That would be rather amazing. :-)
Posted Image

anaweb
    anaweb

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:19 PM

1) You have to edit the hosts file on C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc

2) Add a new line in the end of file:

184.73.223.40         session.minecraft.net

3) Boot your computer. That's all, It worked for me!! Thanks Igneous8 !! Posted Image

yoshielectron28
  • Minecraft: yoshielectron28

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

This just happened to me after I had a power serge, but after a minute i could reconnect.
Do it. Touch the fish. <oO< ') - HEY IMMA FISH