Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Run Minecraft WITHOUT Minecraft.exe?

minecraft exe run command batch possible no exe

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

lookalikefilm

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:26 AM

I am on vacation and have no WiFi access whatsoever. My only internet is my phone's 3G. I want to play Minecraft on a laptop but I do not have the .exe because I only played a little of the game in-browser. All rhe usual files are present except the exe launcher. So, how do I run the game on Win 7 64-bit without the Minecraft.exe file? Isn't there a way to launch minecraft from a batch file?

Register or log in to remove.

LimBooY
    LimBooY

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 393 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:35 AM

U can just play offline I think that will be the best
Try To login once and if it fail the button Play Offline will show up
Posted Image

lookalikefilm

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:19 AM

View PostLimBooY, on 04 July 2012 - 12:35 AM, said:

U can just play offline I think that will be the best
Try To login once and if it fail the button Play Offline will show up
But how do I even log in without the minecraft.exe launcher? That is the question.

starlinvf
    starlinvf

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3169 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:05 AM

Unfortunately you can't.   Despite using the same resources to run the game, the launcher.exe and MC/play page serve as your login system, and hands that info to the game on launch.  There is no known way to circumvent that, and it definitely wouldn't be allowed allowed to say how if there was a way.  The batch files that people use to set custom parameters also call the launchers... so no, that won't work for you either.

Since your phone has 3G, you have 2 possible solutions.

1. If the phone is capable of "tethering", you can use to act as a hot spot for your laptop.   However, most carriers charge for this, unless you have a jailbroken smart phone running custom firmware.  I wouldn't advise cracking it on the road, since you need a computer to find and upload the firmware, and the ever present risk of bricking it.

2.  If your phone has an easy access memory card slot, you can use the phone's browser to download the minecraft.exe, figure out how to transfer it to the memory card, then use that to copy it over to your laptop.   Almost every laptop has an SD card slot, and most phones have mini or micro SD cards.   All you would need is a micro-to-SD adapter card (check what your phone uses though).  You can find them in most electronics places and sometimes at smartphone kiosks at the mall.  I think the price is around $15-20, but electronics shops might have them for slightly cheaper.

The hard part however is figuring how to transfer files from your phone to the SD card.   Your kind of on your own for that one.  Posted Image

lookalikefilm

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:17 AM

View Poststarlinvf, on 04 July 2012 - 02:05 AM, said:

Unfortunately you can't.   Despite using the same resources to run the game, the launcher.exe and MC/play page serve as your login system, and hands that info to the game on launch.  There is no known way to circumvent that, and it definitely wouldn't be allowed allowed to say how if there was a way.  The batch files that people use to set custom parameters also call the launchers... so no, that won't work for you either.

Since your phone has 3G, you have 2 possible solutions.

1. If the phone is capable of "tethering", you can use to act as a hot spot for your laptop.   However, most carriers charge for this, unless you have a jailbroken smart phone running custom firmware.  I wouldn't advise cracking it on the road, since you need a computer to find and upload the firmware, and the ever present risk of bricking it.

2.  If your phone has an easy access memory card slot, you can use the phone's browser to download the minecraft.exe, figure out how to transfer it to the memory card, then use that to copy it over to your laptop.   Almost every laptop has an SD card slot, and most phones have mini or micro SD cards.   All you would need is a micro-to-SD adapter card (check what your phone uses though).  You can find them in most electronics places and sometimes at smartphone kiosks at the mall.  I think the price is around $15-20, but electronics shops might have them for slightly cheaper.

The hard part however is figuring how to transfer files from your phone to the SD card.   Your kind of on your own for that one.  Posted Image

Thanks for the help! Didn't know if it was possible because I never saw anyone else actually do it. Unfortunately I have an iPhone so tethering costs lots of money and there is no SD card.

KylieKoopaVG
  • Location: Carlsbad, San Diego, California, United States, North America, America, Earth, Solar System, Universe
  • Minecraft: KylieKoopaVG
  • Xbox:360

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:24 AM

View Postlookalikefilm, on 04 July 2012 - 02:17 AM, said:

Thanks for the help! Didn't know if it was possible because I never saw anyone else actually do it. Unfortunately I have an iPhone so tethering costs lots of money and there is no SD card.
Plug in the charger to your laptop. It’ll let you open the iPhone’s files and let your interact with in.

KylieKoopaV§mG
kkvg.text.RandomThoughts='http://bit.ly/MEwzjp <= Click it!'

lookalikefilm

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:32 AM

View PostKylieKoopaVG, on 04 July 2012 - 02:24 AM, said:

Plug in the charger to your laptop. It’ll let you open the iPhone’s files and let your interact with in.
How? When I plug it in and go to it in My Computer all I get is a DCIM folder with my photos.