• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Multiplayer Error (Internal exception: java.net.Socketexception: Connection reset

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

NagaviperTheLord

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:26 PM

Hey everyone, my Minecraft has been working fine for a while now, but just recently, on multiplayer, I get this error Internal exception: java.net.socketexception permission denied connect yeah yeah. This problem only recently arose around the middle of the day yesterday and hasnt seemed to stop, any server i log in to i get this error or a end of stream error. Someone please help I have also seen that not many similar bugs around here are solved either.

P.S. I run with no mods and use Java 6 update 33 because my computer doesn't like any other version (though I havn't tried updating it.) . Version is 1.2.5 but i just got snapshot 12w26a so i use that now.

Register or log in to remove.

CakeEater

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:44 PM

It's a long shot, but maybe try resetting your router. I'm 80% sure that's an internet based issue.

TheDom4224

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

I have cracked it! I had the problem too.... It's because you're on 12w26a, you need to be on 1.2.5.
I know it sounds too easy, but hey. That's what it is :)

sirswager24

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:42 PM

i got the same problem.

Franklins_Jahova

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:02 PM

View PostTheDom4224, on 04 July 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

I have cracked it! I had the problem too.... It's because you're on 12w26a, you need to be on 1.2.5.
I know it sounds too easy, but hey. That's what it is Posted Image
thats not the reason i have the same issue and i AM on 1.2.5

Stealth2800
  • Minecraft: Stealth2800

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

Same thing is happening to me on 12w27a.  Every time I try connecting to this one server, I get the internal exception: connection reset java issue.  I have no idea what's causing it since other people on that server are able to connect without any problems.. It's really getting on my nerves so I would really be glad if someone came up with a solution...
Posted Image

starlinvf
    starlinvf

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3169 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

For everyone with the problem, what is your OS, Java version (and 32/64?), and any anti-virus, firewall, or security suite your running.   For those of you savvy enough, run a Malwarebytes scan and see if find anything.

Stealth2800
  • Minecraft: Stealth2800

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

I'm currently running Windows 7 64x with Java version 7 update 5 64x.  I have Norton AntiVirus 19.7.1.5
I was able to connect to the server I was talking about earlier on the same day this all first started happening.  I WAS able to connect a few times by putting all my Minecraft video settings on the lowest but the first time I got on, I fell through the void and died... (I was in the overworld)

I've tried looking my issue up with no results so I have no idea what to do...
Posted Image

ComputingAgent
  • Minecraft: lann123

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

I have Windows 7 x64 and Java 6 Version 33 64-bit and I have this problem.
ComputingAgentX - Enjoy humorous let's plays, reviews, tutorials and more at my awesome channel. Check me out here, you'll be pleasantly surprised! Subscribe today and get a complimentary stone hoe!

carcher
    carcher

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:04 AM

i have the same issue, but mine is running a server with mods, they show on NEI, but when I try to craft them and take them from the slot, I get that error.. bah!

B2stHunter
  • Minecraft: B2stHunter

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:53 AM

Same Problem Here But Windows Xp Adn Minecraft 1.2.5 can't login to other server even there's people on the server.i need help guys in fixing this!

Posted Image

(Love Making Pixel Arts,And Building Stuffs EspeciallyRedstone Contraptions!)

starlinvf
    starlinvf

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3169 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

View Poststarlinvf, on 06 July 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

For everyone with the problem, what is your OS, Java version (and 32/64?), and any anti-virus, firewall, or security suite your running.   For those of you savvy enough, run a Malwarebytes scan and see if find anything.

We need this information for basic trend analysis.

braydenplayer26

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:37 PM

guys all u have to do is wait until the server restarts a user may have used the command /stop that stops the server. Or the server may have crashed from world edit or something.

anomanous

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:06 PM

View Postbraydenplayer26, on 08 July 2012 - 06:37 PM, said:

guys all u have to do is wait until the server restarts a user may have used the command /stop that stops the server. Or the server may have crashed from world edit or something.
You're wrong.
It was a nice suggestion, but it's pretty obvious that isn't the problem.

PhantomWonka
  • Minecraft: PhantomWonka

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:40 AM

Same here. Snapshot 12w27a.
Although I've had the same issue while using previous snapshots...

KDogX
    KDogX

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Minecraft: deathman12e3

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:14 AM

I have the same problem too. My computer is the only one that can't connect, But my laptop can. I'm running Windows 7, Java 64 & 32, and Charter Security Suite.
Posted Image

ut342
    ut342

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Minecraft: ut342

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:36 PM

ok I have tried everything at this point. Im running 1.2.5 I run windows 7, I have tried java6/java7, I have had no firewall or antivirus. completely reinstalled minecraft. The only thing I can think of is it has something to do with the ore obfuscator plugin. because on my main account I get bypass but my alts do and only they lag out. So any help on would be great!
Posted Image

pwllderi
    pwllderi

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

I got this also and no connection to minez servers. Emailed them and told it is cos of the recent minecraft update and will be disconnected until they update but didn,t say how long. Told me to down grade back to 1.2 5! Don't know how to do that ...don't want to do that. Any suggestions? Anyone in same position? Help..I want to play minez.

ajw8380
    ajw8380

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:49 AM

Hi guys,
I have exactly the same problem but its with just 1 server. i get a error saying

Connection Lost
Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

Plz help me!

Posted Image