• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Where Is the Best place to find diamonds?

diamonds where help

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

smileforthescope

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:26 AM

Please Be Sure To Post Pictures Below if you have any

Register or log in to remove.

619Soldier
  • Minecraft: 619Soldier
  • PSN:green_tree233456

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:29 AM

Underground.
Posted Image

AlphaUKWolf

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:33 AM

From bedrock up to layer 16-ish

Vector
    Vector

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 459 posts
  • Minecraft: Voidar

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:33 AM

View Post619Soldier, on 03 July 2012 - 06:29 AM, said:

Underground.
Posted Image  I usually find most of my diamonds by exploring caves. If you are lucky, mine shaft techniques usually give good results, however it is very boring grinding block after block.

→  Posted Image

Click me!

Dragon_Eye
  • Minecraft: lyle_drake

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:42 AM

if you find underground too much of a hassle, and you only need a few diamonds, you could search for npc villages. there are occasionally a few diamonds in those.

Otherwise, i find it easiest to find super rare items like that if i only indirectly look for them. when i need diamonds, i go iron mining.

Derrick
    Derrick

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

The fastest way is to find an abandoned mineshaft that extends deep enough (below layer 17). They reveal a lot of blocks, and you can also find diamonds in the chests. They're kind of a rare occurrence though so your best bet is to strip mine at y=13.
My World - Picture Gallery and Thread WIP (World started June 17th 2012)

winner10
    winner10

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1125 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:28 AM

Underground.
Bedrock to i think 32 or 48. Im not too sure dont quote me. Tho if theres a low lying area near like 50ish then you should do a Mining shaft near that area. The wiki would provide better answers.

FefLikesIceCream
  • Minecraft: ElpiusAmpora

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:12 AM

At the level of 10 or so.
Posted Image
Alwaýs loved those amazing Minecraft community creations~

Syeonyx
    Syeonyx

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1163 posts
  • Minecraft: ArkantosDT
  • Xbox:ArkantosDT

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

Diamonds occur at level 16 and below, however, bedrock begins to appear at level 6 and below, meaning it's best to search between these 10 levels. I have found that diamond mostly commonly occurs between levels 8 and 12, so producing a shaft mine is the best method.

This is achieved by starting to dig a tunnel at level 6, making it 1 block wide, about 4 blocks tall and keep going for about 10 blocks. If you find nothing, head back out and go down two blocks and start a new tunnel with the same dimensions. Now you should have two 1 x 10 x 4 tunnels two blocks apart. This maximises the chances of finding diamond as you are exposing new blocks with every tunnel. Do this for each cardinal direction, so you have a small central area to come back to and store or smelt ores. With this method I often find quite a few.

Alternatively you could start at level 6 and just dig out a massive chamber in all directions. This is most time consuming but yields more diamonds. I currently have a 200 x 200 x 4 chamber under my house where I have found 3 full stacks of diamonds.

Posted Image

Syeonyx
    Syeonyx

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1163 posts
  • Minecraft: ArkantosDT
  • Xbox:ArkantosDT

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

Underground.
Not always... What about some diamonds stored in the chests of the blacksmith's in the NPC villages? They're above ground... :P

Posted Image

James12pattison

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

Look for them underground near lava

View PostSyeonyx, on 03 July 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

They're above ground... :P

Der

Rhodok_Crossbowman
  • Minecraft: Rhodok_Crossbow

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:31 AM

the best place is below layer 17

now seriously, MY best place is layer 5.

Rappinator
  • Minecraft: Rappinator

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

Level 9-11
Posted Image

D3SuME
    D3SuME

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • Minecraft: D3SuME

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

near lava pools  in level 12

shadx
    shadx

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

occurrence of lava does not indicate ores, diamond spawn naturally from layer 16 down i prefer to mine at 11 (eye height) and make my shafts like this to expose 6 blocks for 2 blocks mined

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image <--- layer 12
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image <--- layer 11
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image <--- layer 10
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image <--- layer 9

do this in parallel running shafts and you will have a stack of diamonds very soon

*also diamonds may be found in blacksmith chests, desert temples, mineshafts, dungeons, and jungle temples, although they are fairly rare

FeatherGuy

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:28 AM

- Underground levels 2-15
- NPC villages
- Jungle temples
- Desert temples
- Abandoned mineshafts
- Dungeons

TheShamberg

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

Diamonds spawn between the Coordinates of Y: 1-16*
Take note that on levels 1-4 bedrock always spawns soo branch mining is there by ineffective"
its up to you to decide what level to mine but also take note if you branch mine you will discover Lava pits and caves quite frequently and I do suggest going into caves is that is where I always find my first diamonds then I branch mine out from there.
Also to let you know the best layers to find diamonds are Y: 5-13
and diamonds can be found in:
NPC villages
Dungeons
Abandoned mineshafts
Jungle/Desert temples
If you dont know how to branch mine all you have to do is go to youtube and type in Branch mining tutuorial *thats how I learned* :D and If you want to there is also How to find diamonds tutorials out there, You can learn completely how to play minecraft from youtube
"Belief will change my world it has moved continents and countries and it has put man on the moon and it will carry me through this battle."

Crazyplaya
  • Minecraft: Atharil

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

It have been stated before but minechafts that are as deep as level 6-17 are ur best bet as they reveal allot of blocks.

meisasmartjason

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:23 AM

inside diamond ore Posted Image

Puredarkness

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:40 AM

Strip mine below Y=16 to find caves and cave from there. That's how I got the vast majority of my diamonds.
The Darkness will win one day, and light's time being the winner is nearing it's end. Because light is overrated.
People, the Modification Development section is for MODS, not Bukkit plugins. Do not be surpised if you don't get any help from there.
Spoiler: Random fact