Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Can't Connect to Multiplayer

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

destroyinator29
  • Minecraft: destroyinator29

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

I was on a multiplayer server, in the nether. My game was getting laggy, so I checked the memory usage. It was up at 75%, which for me usually means I'm going to get an Out Of Memory Message soon. Usually, when I close the client and reopen, it resets that. So, I tried that, and then thought, why not clear my browsing history too.. So I go clear the history and cookies, then, I reopen Minecraft, and try to connect. But it won't connect. I tried another SMP server I go on. It won't connect either. I close out and reopen Minecraft. Still won't work. The message I'm getting is Took too long to Log In, although I don't remember what I got the first time. It was something like Internal Client Error: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect. Can someone help me understand this?
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

bloosyboy

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

If you took "too long to login" it could be a network lag problem, but connection timed out is also just a fancy way of saying "Took Too Long" it could be lag on your end, or it could be the server, if the server did not terminate the old connection, you are sort of still connected, exit Minecraft and wait a few minutes, then login to Minecraft and try connecting again.

bowser123467
  • Minecraft: bowser123467

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

I believe all servers are down right now, my server is down along with others
Posted Image

benny1102
  • Minecraft: bantonn

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

i have also had trouble with this in the last hour or so, but i get a internal client error: java.net.SocketExeption: network is unreachable: connect and i belive mojang servers have dropped or something because i cant even connect to my server through localhost :/
Posted Image

AJFerguson

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

me too, wat is going on!?

EDIT: I turned online mode off and i can connect. I think the Username Verification is broken.

wildgoose2
  • Minecraft: wildgoose2

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

people thought it was my server, but then i tried another server and the same thing! Minecraft is BROKEN!

NuclearPhish
  • Minecraft: NuclearPhish

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

Yeah, I'm getting this too, I've tried to log in to a few servers and all not working :(

Berwout
    Berwout

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2440 posts
  • Minecraft: AngelsDustz

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:15 PM

Same i was trying my own server and minecraft went like "AWH HELL NAWH!" and i went like D:
Got my GTS 450 running at 900 MHz core (http://www.ozone3d.n...0.php?id=114106)
[Computer Specifications]

pureaura
    pureaura

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:15 PM

Minecraft.net session server is currently drunk and passed out. The session server being what says to an external server 'hey, this guy is logged into minecraft.net, its all good'.

Without the go ahead from the session server, all 'Online-mode' type multiplayer servers will be inaccessable until the point of which the server is sobered up.

tl;dr: you can still log in, but you're screwed connecting to servers.

kamehadoken
  • Minecraft: kamehadoken

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

If it's happening to everyone it's something wrong with Minecraft.net.  If you try logging into a server and it gets frozen on the login screen (You can't even click the cancel button) then well, join the club! Posted Image
I live in America, but have a British accent.  What of it?

taintedtiger

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

View PostBerwout, on 02 July 2012 - 07:15 PM, said:

Same i was trying my own server and minecraft went like "AWH HELL NAWH!" and i went like D:

Yeah this guy knows wassup

AJFerguson

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

Turn off online mode! Or wait...

XSycoticScopezX

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

Im getting this too!!!! I think they are relaeseing 1.3 right now!

Berwout
    Berwout

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2440 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

View Postpureaura, on 02 July 2012 - 07:15 PM, said:

Minecraft.net session server is currently drunk and passed out. The session server being what says to an external server 'hey, this guy is logged into minecraft.net, its all good'.

Without the go ahead from the session server, all 'Online-mode' type multiplayer servers will be inaccessable until the point of which the server is sobered up.

tl;dr: you can still log in, but you're screwed connecting to servers.
How come my offline server has the same problem or have it online mode still on true.. :S

View Posttaintedtiger, on 02 July 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

Yeah this guy knows wassup
Sorry i know what?

edit : awh yeah online mode still on true
now i can finisch my server and public it again.. I though ill wait for 1.3.0 then i heard the release date...

NeroDMCry
    NeroDMCry

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 22 posts
  • Minecraft: NeroDMCry

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

I can't either o.0

ThatGuy721
  • Minecraft: ThatGuy721

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

View Postkamehadoken, on 02 July 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

If it's happening to everyone it's something wrong with Minecraft.net.  If you try logging into a server and it gets frozen on the login screen (You can't even click the cancel button) then well, join the club! Posted Image

Yes! That is exactly what is happening to me. After it becomes unfrozen, I get the java.netSocketexception error.

Posted Image

TheOneKai

Guys guys everyone is having problems, Im in skype atm, 5 people same problem any server!

Berwout
    Berwout

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2440 posts

Seems like my offline mode server just works now finishing it up :)

pureaura
    pureaura

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

Just be patient and wait it out, not alot else you can do other than single player

jeffreyjeff

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

guys
minecraft server may or may not be being DDOS