Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.5.2][SSP/SMP][Forestry] Extra Bees and Trees 1.7.0 - Revolutionize your bee and tree breeding

sp forestry forge addon smp 1.4.2

  • Please log in to reply
2700 replies to this topic

#341

NeoDraconis
  • Minecraft: NeoDraconis

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

Wow so we are actually going to have a reason to go nuclear at last :)

Power is not always everything.

Posted Image


Register or log in to remove.

#342

harley9699

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:09 PM

View PostMrSphex, on 15 July 2012 - 10:23 AM, said:

Is this imprinter-like item going to have no recipe like the imprinter and have to be cheated in or is it something that will have a recipe?

God I hope it's a recipe. I don't cheat anything in, ever.


Posted Image


#343

MrSphex
    MrSphex

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

View Postharley9699, on 15 July 2012 - 01:09 PM, said:

God I hope it's a recipe. I don't cheat anything in, ever.

I just hope it's not too overpowered. Considering the imprinter marks the genome of the bees you put in. But considering it's going to be EU intensive, it should be fine :P

#344

MrSphex
    MrSphex

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

Also binnie! As a side note, could you make it so you can leave the GUI of the Apiarist Database with the inventory key? Even though it's a small change, it irritates me a bit because that's house I leave most GUIs :P

#345

Binnie
    Binnie

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostMrSphex, on 15 July 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

Also binnie! As a side note, could you make it so you can leave the GUI of the Apiarist Database with the inventory key? Even though it's a small change, it irritates me a bit because that's house I leave most GUIs :P

I deliberately turned it off because if you typed e into the text box it would quit! :L

View PostMrSphex, on 15 July 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:



I just hope it's not too overpowered. Considering the imprinter marks the genome of the bees you put in. But considering it's going to be EU intensive, it should be fine :P

It will be inefficient in terms of bee and require lots of EU and expensive machines. Also It'll be a slow process.
Posted Image

#346

denoflions
    denoflions

    Obsidian Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1468 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

Figured I'd throw it out there: Railcraft has Creosote Oil as a proper liquid now and it burns in a biogas engine by default. It also has Forestry containers.
Posted Image
Twitter | IRC: #PluginsforForestry on esper.net.

#347

Binnie
    Binnie

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:32 PM

View Postdenoflions, on 15 July 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

Figured I'd throw it out there: Railcraft has Creosote Oil as a proper liquid now and it burns in a biogas engine by default. It also has Forestry containers.

I know, in the next version creosote oil propolises are squeezed into railcraft creosote oil liquids now
Posted Image

#348

nmagod
    nmagod

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

There's some very good ideas here.

#349

wolfenstein19
  • Location: Somewhere in the Universe

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

Few Suggestions here :

1. The Watery Propolis is just not worth the effort squeezing. Make it give off propolis as byproduct.
2. Make all Propolises give off propolis as byproduct.
3. The Glacial Water is not worth itself, you can extract a simple water cell, maybe make it an extraordinary reactor coolant method, like, Idk dissolve 500 heat per tick for a few minutes.
Extremly slow and probably a bit derp - like all of us ;)

#350

Binnie
    Binnie

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

View Postwolfenstein19, on 15 July 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

Few Suggestions here :

1. The Watery Propolis is just not worth the effort squeezing. Make it give off propolis as byproduct.
2. Make all Propolises give off propolis as byproduct.
3. The Glacial Water is not worth itself, you can extract a simple water cell, maybe make it an extraordinary reactor coolant method, like, Idk dissolve 500 heat per tick for a few minutes.

All propolises will squeeze to give normal propolises soon, and the glacial water will have other benefits, maybe as a regeneration potion.
Posted Image

#351

NeoDraconis
  • Minecraft: NeoDraconis

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:30 PM

I want to create traps powered by bee drones :) Would that be of interest to you?

Power is not always everything.

Posted Image


#352

Binnie
    Binnie

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:02 PM

View PostNeoDraconis, on 15 July 2012 - 10:30 PM, said:

I want to create traps powered by bee drones :) Would that be of interest to you?

Elaborate?
Posted Image

#353

NeoDraconis
  • Minecraft: NeoDraconis

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:08 PM

Well Drones defend the hive... since it only take one drone to get an apriray to work the excess could be used to set defense positions around appriraries  to drive off threats to the queens thus traps :) like mini hives or holes in walls playground equipment etc,

Power is not always everything.

Posted Image


#354

Binnie
    Binnie

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:26 PM

So you want the bees to defend their apiary by attacking entities/mobs near it?
Posted Image

#355

NeoDraconis
  • Minecraft: NeoDraconis

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:30 PM

Not exactly all though that could work if you wanted to complicate the apiary, I was thinking of like a little something else you build to house the extra drones and have them defend any apiary nearby from entities/mobs which ones they defend from; how fiercely and what manner depends on the bee. So would that interest you?

Power is not always everything.

Posted Image


#356

Binnie
    Binnie

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:43 PM

View PostNeoDraconis, on 15 July 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

Not exactly all though that could work if you wanted to complicate the apiary, I was thinking of like a little something else you build to house the extra drones and have them defend any apiary nearby from entities/mobs which ones they defend from; how fiercely and what manner depends on the bee. So would that interest you?

Like a defensive block made from nether/sinister bees that attack mobs? Possible
Posted Image

#357

NeoDraconis
  • Minecraft: NeoDraconis

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:47 PM

Yes but more open to run off any kind of drone... as most of them just go to the void, or lava as it stands now I just thought it would be a creative way to use them up without wasting them.

Or you could complicate your apiaries to do that instead.

Power is not always everything.

Posted Image


#358

Binnie
    Binnie

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:56 PM

View PostNeoDraconis, on 15 July 2012 - 11:47 PM, said:

Yes but more open to run off any kind of drone... as most of them just go to the void, or lava as it stands now I just thought it would be a creative way to use them up without wasting them.

Or you could complicate your apiaries to do that instead.

With the things I'm working on you'd better be stocking up lots and lots of excess bees :P
Posted Image

#359

NeoDraconis
  • Minecraft: NeoDraconis

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:57 PM

Oh I will :P

Power is not always everything.

Posted Image


#360

rakankrad

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:09 AM

View PostBinnie, on 15 July 2012 - 10:30 AM, said:

It shall be a very EU-intensive IC2 machine. I've got a very nice GUI planned out for it

My own question for the imprinter-like item you're implementing.. Will it be just like the normal imprinter and not require you to discover the bee itself 1st, or will you need to have bred it before? The latter would make more sense to me, since the player shouldn't "know" how a bee's genome is until they actually "see" it.