61 replies to this topic

Clark
    Clark

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2493 posts
  • Minecraft: 123guy45

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

Found this very scary game called Slender. In BETA at the moment but very good.

Or check the Reddit (As the site is down due to traffic): http://www.reddit.co...e_based_on_the/

(Download is in the description to the description on the video. This is also NOT my video, this is the creators video were you can get all the news and updates from his channel.)

The game is created in Unity 3D.

You walk around a forest looking for 8 pieces of paper. Sounds simple right? WRONG! While your hunting for these documents you are being hunted by the one and only Slender man. You armed only with a torch and a camera must hunt these pages and avoid him. The papers will be spawned in different key areas (Not sure how many there are yet).

The setting is in a forest at night were there are small buildings and a few broken run down vehicles. The Slender man will spawn in a random area at any time (There was a bug where he would not spawn at all but that has now been fixed).

Looking at slender man triggers the "Game over" screen if you look at him for to long. Keep running from him and never look back once you see him.

The flash light you have will run out of power so you must use it to your own advantage. After it runs out it will recharge after a while and then will be usable once more.

Please note that this game is under heavy development and is the second public release.

Something I thought needed to go into the OP:

Thought I might share this:
I've found that the best strategy is to save your running for a close slenderman encounter, when you do see him, turn away and run, staring at him for too long or standing too close causes "game over". Also to conserve torch battery, if you are able to use the main paths do so, this way you can turn off your torch and look at an upwards angle so you can see the moonlight through the gap in the trees and still be able to tell where you're going, however it's probably a good idea to turn on your torch every few metres just to make sure you're heading in the right direction and to check for the slenderman. Hopefully this will help some people

Thanks to crona256!
No matter what you do or were you come from, you will all ways be judged by the general opinions Gaming section.

Register or log in to remove.

MinecrafterOfTheYear
  • Minecraft: ParkerBeeChamp

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

Didn't you get this from Pewdiepie? He played this game today. Not tryin' to troll or anything.
OH LOOK
A SIGNATURE

Clark
    Clark

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2493 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

View PostMinecrafterOfTheYear, on 01 July 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

Didn't you get this from Pewdiepie? He played this game today. Not tryin' to troll or anything.

Yea. I know a few other people like Horror games here to I thought I shear it. I love PewDiePie.
No matter what you do or were you come from, you will all ways be judged by the general opinions Gaming section.

Crona256
    Crona256

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Minecraft: Craselin

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

Yay! Another Pewdiepie and MLP fan! :D
I played this game for about 5 minutes and then did what Pewdiepie did and started looking at cute animals ^_^

Zak_inc
    Zak_inc

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4221 posts
  • Minecraft: Zak_Inc

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

Oh god now i want to play this...

But i hate horror games D=

Gonna play it if its too scary i will just Insta-Quit

Played the game,Saw the slenderman

My reaction:NoNonononoogodnocantfindhidingplace

Insta-Quit

Posted Image

Clark
    Clark

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2493 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

I am glad you all like it. I will up date the post to make it more fitting.

RobZ51
    RobZ51

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1911 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

Does the papers spawn on random location? Otherwise it would be boring to play again. Im downloading now.
Posted Image

Clark
    Clark

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2493 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostBoilingfort, on 02 July 2012 - 03:19 PM, said:

Does the papers spawn on random location? Otherwise it would be boring to play again. Im downloading now.

They stay in the same place I think. I think he is adding more objectives and new maps and so on.

Crona256
    Crona256

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

View Post123guy45, on 02 July 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

They stay in the same place I think. I think he is adding more objectives and new maps and so on.
From what I've gathered they actually change around a bit. There are the set locations they are in. But it's not always the same eight. (still not 100% sure though)

Clark
    Clark

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2493 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:34 PM

View PostCrona256, on 02 July 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

From what I've gathered they actually change around a bit. There are the set locations they are in. But it's not always the same eight. (still not 100% sure though)

I will add that to the OP. I will have little investigation later on.

Crona256
    Crona256

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

View Post123guy45, on 02 July 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

I will add that to the OP. I will have little investigation later on.
Well in the video Pewdiepie found one on the tree and one in the tunnel. I didn't find them in either of these places. Also that blue(?) car he found didn't have one on it. For me it did.

RobZ51
    RobZ51

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1911 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

Just died. After picking up my 6th paper it was some sound and the camera turned around and he was there. Saw him 4 times.
Posted Image

Clark
    Clark

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2493 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

View PostCrona256, on 02 July 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

Well in the video Pewdiepie found one on the tree and one in the tunnel. I didn't find them in either of these places. Also that blue(?) car he found didn't have one on it. For me it did.

So there are key areas for the paper but they are randomly chosen I am guessing. Same with me I played back his play through and there was one on that car.

RobZ51
    RobZ51

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1911 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

View Post123guy45, on 02 July 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

So there are key areas for the paper but they are randomly chosen I am guessing. Same with me I played back his play through and there was one on that car.
Seems so, i got the one on the tree.
Posted Image

Crona256
    Crona256

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

I've found that the best strategy is to save your running for a close slenderman encounter, when you do see him, turn away and run, staring at him for too long or standing too close causes "game over". Also to conserve torch battery, if you are able to use the main paths do so, this way you can turn off your torch and look at an upwards angle so you can see the moonlight through the gap in the trees and still be able to tell where you're going, however it's probably a good idea to turn on your torch every few metres just to make sure you're heading in the right direction and to check for the slenderman. Hopefully this will help some people ^_^

Clark
    Clark

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2493 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

Well I will be having a look in how many there are later on.

RobZ51
    RobZ51

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1911 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

View PostCrona256, on 02 July 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

I've found that the best strategy is to save your running for a close slenderman encounter, when you do see him, turn away and run, staring at him for too long or standing too close causes "game over". Also to conserve torch battery, if you are able to use the main paths do so, this way you can turn off your torch and look at an upwards angle so you can see the moonlight through the gap in the trees and still be able to tell where you're going, however it's probably a good idea to turn on your torch every few metres just to make sure you're heading in the right direction and to check for the slenderman. Hopefully this will help some people Posted Image
I'm not heading in any direction... Im just walking randomly.
Posted Image

Crona256
    Crona256

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

View PostBoilingfort, on 02 July 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

I'm not heading in any direction... Im just walking randomly.
Well if you zoom in and out (Q and E) you can sometimes see things of interest sometimes, THEN I suggest following that tactic (if there are any paths nearby that is)

Zak_inc
    Zak_inc

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4221 posts
  • Minecraft: Zak_Inc

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

Also isnt it fun to Watch Pewdiepie to freak out =D

Posted Image

Crona256
    Crona256

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

View PostZak_inc, on 02 July 2012 - 04:22 PM, said:

Also isnt it fun to Watch Pewdiepie to freak out =D
Couldn't agree with you more ^.^ I was kinda upset when he exited the game :c wanted to see him freak out more! xD