• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[ONLINE MOD INSTALLER] MCModdr - Hassle free mod installation! (Was TFCMM)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1672 replies to this topic

TomFromCollege

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:42 PM

A lot of people are telling me that their files aren't being modified, The next update will clarify all of that! ^_^ Give me about 2 hours and expect NEWS! :o

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

King Kay

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:25 PM

Dood. I love this. It's the greatest thing to happen to modding since Modloader.
BUT ANYWAY.
I just wanted to say that there is a slight glitch I'm noticing- when I start it up, the program seems to decide which mods are enabled on it's own sense of whimsey. It will for the most part keep all the same mods I chose to enable last time, but will take certain mods and enable them or disable them automatically, whether I wanted to or not. And it's rather... random. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the mods id decides to enable or not.

Now, keep in mind, this applies ONLY when I start the program up- I can still enable the ones I want and patch normally, but it doesn't seem to save them correctly for the next time I use it. A minor inconvenience, really, but quite irritating to someone like myself who has trouble remembering which mods he's already installed. >.<

Aegon
    Aegon

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:29 PM

TomFromCollege said:

A lot of people are telling me that their files aren't being modified, The next update will clarify all of that! :D Give me about 2 hours and expect NEWS! :Flint:
Lol Okay thanks :3

Posted Image

The Spleen

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:37 PM

I wanted to try to get teleport signs (Latest version) to work with this so i put it in a zip (It was .rar)
it crashes minecraft (Black screen) if i use it with mo's creatures or minegunner but it does not show a warning message

Silvercat18 said:

I once spawned in entirely the wrong game. Spent the next day mining my way through a space hulk in the name of the god emperor of mankind, only to discover that my use of portals to the nether made me a heretic

itwasthatguy said:

I like to put a bayonet on my sword.

theseus117

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:40 PM

well i downloaded it from OP's post and it says that i cant run the .jar file that you download, this seems to be happening to me a lot lately with .jar files :Diamond: how can i fix this? 10 :Diamond:  to anyone that can help me

TomFromCollege

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:23 AM

UPDATED :) For those who it wasn't modifying their minecraft.jar :) This'll let you know if it's found it or not :)

TheSpleen, You can't just zip the folder, You have to zip the files in the folder...

Posted Image

Narraeson
  • Minecraft: Narraeson

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:39 AM

I must be a retard, because I have no clue how to get anything onto this.
I realized I was god when I tried praying and found I was talking to myself.

TomFromCollege

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:41 AM

By this time tomorrow night, I'll have added property file support for Developers...

They'll be able to create 1 zip folder and have each of their files go where they want ;)

Good Night Planet Earth!

EDIT: Narraeson, Just open it up, click open mod, Select the .zip you want and then press finish modding :iapprove:

Posted Image

Narraeson

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:43 AM

TomFromCollege said:

By this time tomorrow night, I'll have added property file support for Developers...

They'll be able to create 1 zip folder and have each of their files go where they want ^_^

Good Night Planet Earth!

EDIT: Narraeson, Just open it up, click open mod, Select the .zip you want and then press finish modding ;)
I'm trying to get Mo' Creatures to work. I copy/pasted the exact .zip file name from winRAR (DrZhark_'s Mo_'Creatures Mod TFC v2.5.4.zip) and it still doesn't affect anything.

TomFromCollege

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:45 AM

I don't understand what you're saying...? You copied the File name? You have to click the .zip and press open?

Or you can drag the file from explorer to it?

If none of that works, Click edit in the menubar and press settings, Does it say that the folders have been found?

Posted Image

Narraeson

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:49 AM

TomFromCollege said:

I don't understand what you're saying...? You copied the File name? You have to click the .zip and press open?

Or you can drag the file from explorer to it?

If none of that works, Click edit in the menubar and press settings, Does it say that the folders have been found?
I can't find the .zip file from the 'open mod' button because it's in appdata, and I can't find appdata.

TomFromCollege

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:50 AM

Why did you put the mod in appdata?

Re-read the insructions please :Skeleton: I'm off to bed :s Sorry have to be up in 4 hours :S

Posted Image

Narraeson

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:52 AM

I didn't put the mod in appdata, I downloaded it... I'm going to quote the instructions I got from mo'creatures.
"The easiest way to Install this mod it to download TFC's ModManager and the TFC version of this mod (includes Risugami's AudioMod and ModManager), run the TFC's Mod Manager and drag and drop the DrZhark's Mo'Creatures Mod.zip file into the TFC ModManager, click on the 'finish modding button' and you're done"
Tried it, didn't work.

The Spleen

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:56 AM

I cant get Mo's creatures to work at the same time as Mine Gunner mod
i have the latest versions and the mod manager doesn't say the are incompatible
But i get a black screen when trying to get them both active
can somebody help?

Silvercat18 said:

I once spawned in entirely the wrong game. Spent the next day mining my way through a space hulk in the name of the god emperor of mankind, only to discover that my use of portals to the nether made me a heretic

itwasthatguy said:

I like to put a bayonet on my sword.

TomFromCollege

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:57 AM

Spleen, one of them hasn't been updated or something... it's a mods problem :/

Posted Image

BlueSteelAU
  • Minecraft: BlueSteelAU

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:10 AM

added to my must watch list :Notch: ( seems that there are now 2 mod installer packages this one and one by someone else)

Outlander37

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:15 AM

Hi, great mod btw I've been waiting for something like this for a while cause I always seem to screw up adding more then one mod to my game or some such nonsense like that.

I am having a small problem though. I drag and drop my .zip files into the program and they are all compatible and such. It says all the minecraft files are where they are supposed to be. But when i hit Finish Modding it doesn't really seem to do anything. Nothing that says: Modding complete. So i checked the Minecraft.jar file and there are no extra files from Mods in there except for Better Light and Better grass, and my Texture pack. The only thing that happens once i his "Finish modding" is the program says "Ed Exists!" I have no clue what this means, but hopefully my post helps.

I am going to try cleaning out my minecraft folder and redownloading it and then not putting in a texture pack or Better Light/Grass.

redcap036

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:15 AM

I know I'm going to cop a flame for this question, but what instructions?

I see the word Instructions but I don't see any instructions, there are FAQ which seem to be dealing with how to make your mods work with this program, but no instructions on how to install your mod manager, maybe the modders in the know can work it out, but I'm lost, I don't see anything in the zip that I could start an install with, thats if this program gets installed , for all I know it gets dumped in the minecraft.jar or what, sorry just confused about how to do this, so please some new instructions on how to install the Mod manger and maybe a readme text in the zip as well could help.

if there is a set of Mod manager install instrutions, that I missed or was posted further down in the thread that I missed, can you please link me.

Thanks for any help, cheers!
"Ya'know if you throw in a couple of creepers, you might have the crowds attention."

Outlander37

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:32 AM

@ Redcap06

For me i just downloaded the file, then i right clicked it and chose: Open With->Java.
Hopefully that helps. mind you it doesn't want to update for me.

I tried redownloading all of minecraft, opened the mod manager did what i think is a clean start up for it where I simply ran the Mod Manager, went through the prompts for the yes and no questions. Then i closed it, and re-opened it. put my mods back into the mod manager and tried again, but same thing. All i got was "Ed exists!"
Also there is a folder in my bin folder called "Minecraft Modder" in it are two of the mods i tried to add. Mo Creature and Spawnlist. Mod loader didn't even show up. All of these mods i downloaded today.

The list consists of...
Audio Mods 1.2
Battle Towers V4
biometerrainmod_ssp_v11_2_3
DrZhark_'s Mo_'Creatures Mod TFC v2.5.4
ejhopkins_WildGrass_v6.2_BL_BG
HumansPlus-v1.0
Minecraft Troll v1.0
Minecraft Turtles v1.3.2
ModLoader Beta 1.2_02v2
spawnlist-1.2v1

I am going to try and do this again but only with Mo Creatures and the required mods to run Mo Creatures since I have had success with putting that one in manually in the past.

EDIT: Upon further analysis I have discovered that when i start up the Mod Manager it says this....

Minecraft.jar Exists!
Mod Folder Exists!Mod Zip Folder doesn't exist...
Created!UnzipFolder or UnUsed Folder doesn't exist...
Meta Inf tried writing.
Meta Inf tried writing.
Meta Inf tried writing.
Ed exists!

I have no clue what that means...should i delete my Meta-INF folder in my Minecraft.jar? that is traditionally how modding works from when I did it in the past.

sxc
    sxc

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:40 AM

Very nice, very useful, thanks so much :)