Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Fully Automatic Smooth Stone Generator [1.2.5]

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Jasdacool

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

Posted Image

This is my fully automatic stone generator ( You have to harvest it yourself though ). It relies on a the moving lava + still water = Smooth stone technique.

Posted Image

It runs on a redstone clock with interchangeable speeds, can toggle on and off, and can be overridden.

Posted Image

The lava falls into an infinite water pool and turns on block into stone.

Then it is pulled down and pushed to the side by the pistons shown here:
Posted Image

As you know, pistons can only push 12 blocks. so when the line of stone reaches 12 blocks, a line of pistons push them into a sheet using this sensor:
Posted Image

There also is another sensor at the end of the 12X12X1 sheet that tells the clock to shut off automatically
using the same sensor shown previously.
Posted Image

This is my first creation so please don't judge too harshly, and also my first time editing pictures so sorry for the lousy job... have a nice day Posted Image

I don't know if it's been done before, but I just built this one from my thoughts, so i didn't plagiarize anything :P

Register or log in to remove.

Chunes
    Chunes

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

I had no idea this was even possible. Nifty. Still, won't it just turn back into cobble when you mine it?

9skilled9
  • Minecraft: 9skilled9

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

Nice, I had just made something similar because i was going to make a creeper arena and wanted a regeneratable floor.

View PostChunes, on 27 June 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

I had no idea this was even possible. Nifty. Still, won't it just turn back into cobble when you mine it?
Not if you mine it with silktouch
Posted Image

Jasdacool

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:48 PM

You use silktouch to mine it, and you mine the block with the sensor last ( the bottom right corner ) Thanks guys! Im glad to hear some positive responses :D

Khebit
    Khebit

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

huh, nice combination of pistons :o

By the way, which is the awsum texture pack?

Jasdacool

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

FVdisco's OCD texture pack.