Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Best minecraft version?

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

Blizzlord
  • Minecraft: blizzstarlord

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:50 AM

Since I have played this game since sometime before Seecret Friday 9 I remember the way minecraft used to be. The world was different, mobs were scarier and not dying was actually quite the achievement. But now the game is radically different with bland worlds (anybody remember the glacier seed?) and many concepts changed from what they originally were. I know some people like what Beta 1.8 changed, but I really miss that old game.

So, what do you consider to be the best version, if we are talking pre 1.8 here? I vote for 1.1.2_01 or 1.7.3.

Register or log in to remove.

ArrogantLobster

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:14 AM

The latest update. (And so on)

View Postsimen671, on 26 November 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

Do you guys think Dinnerbone is giving a hint here? Or is he just Dinnerboning?

Tohuanghi

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

View PostArrogantLobster, on 27 June 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

The latest update. (And so on)
I agree.

flameswor10

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:32 AM

I liked it when I first started.
It was soo hard to play, and so rewarding to survive for even a day.
(or find my way back to my home)

Want to earn money while playing MineCraft?

Click me then press 'how to play'

JET94
    JET94

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • Minecraft: JET94

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

I like it the way it is now and so on, as ArrogantLobster said. The 1.3 update looks awesome with a villager trading system, and being able to write in books. Things just seem to be getting better in Minecraft. Nothing that I dislike about the game other than a couple things I wish were added. (The lantern update would have ticked me off incredibly bad, but thankfully it wasn't ever implemented) I personally haven't had any trouble surviving for a long time. Did I in the past? Of course, but I believe everyone did because it was their beginning of Minecraft. Learning how to play, and after learning it, mastering it. Everyone dies quite often in that stage. If anything, Minecraft has gotten a bit more difficult with hardcore mode, and the new mob AI. Because of all the new things added, there are more things to do and enjoy. Because Minecraft is a sandbox game, you can choose if you want to do those things or not. That's the beauty of it. :')

Posted Image

NiteLitezFTW
  • Minecraft: Parasanity

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

Well, all of the updates are getting pretty awesome, but I liked it when I first started in Beta 1.7.3. It wasn't complicated with jungles, stronghold, Squidward villagers, Enderdragons, etc. It wasn't too simple, but it wasn't too complicated, which is what I feel is happening to Minecraft now. I'm not saying that I don't like it, but it might be a little overwhelming to newbies.

But in Beta 1.7.3, the goal of the game was simple:

Survive first night.
Get diamonds.
???
Profit.

And I liked it that way. But as all the new updates are coming out (making Minecraft way too awesome), it's strayed away from the point of Minecraft - Mining and Crafting.

But don't get me wrong, I do really like all these additions to the game.

Posted Image
"Ranked is cancer." - danthonywalker 2014

Warren1988

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

wow! nice to see this.
To the world you may be one person,but to one person you may be the world.Posted Image

Epicness1324

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

1.2.5 and on
Posted Image
I am ninja'd far too often.

liutas113

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:58 PM

1.7.3 i like this version

Vincentspike
  • Minecraft: Vincentspike

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:16 PM

1.3 looks like it's going to be my favorite.
I don't like using snapshots, so I'm waiting (im)patiently.
Posted Image
I'll try to be nice, but don't push it, buddy. :3

ThatGuy721
  • Minecraft: ThatGuy721

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

View PostNiteLitezFTW, on 27 June 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

Well, all of the updates are getting pretty awesome, but I liked it when I first started in Beta 1.7.3. It wasn't complicated with jungles, stronghold, Squidward villagers, Enderdragons, etc. It wasn't too simple, but it wasn't too complicated, which is what I feel is happening to Minecraft now. I'm not saying that I don't like it, but it might be a little overwhelming to newbies.

But in Beta 1.7.3, the goal of the game was simple:

Survive first night.
Get diamonds.
???
Profit.

And I liked it that way. But as all the new updates are coming out (making Minecraft way too awesome), it's strayed away from the point of Minecraft - Mining and Crafting.

But don't get me wrong, I do really like all these additions to the game.

I have to agree with this guy. The game is not what it used to be. Yes, it is still fun, but it does not have the very basic "mine and survive" feeling that Beta had.

Posted Image

Rennah
    Rennah

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • Location: ERROR 404: You are too stupid to see this persons location.
  • Minecraft: danielthurston

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

I agree. While I do love all the new stuff, some of the 'minecraft spirit' has leeked out of the game somewhere along the line.

I Loved 1.7.3 as well, It was the first update I ever got and I liked it.

I think there should be an archive of past versions so people can play earlier versions if they want.
Posted Image

AntonioTheMiner

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

Pre 1.8:

I can't really say, i started in 1.7.3, so thats the best for me

1.8 +:

1.3 (when it comes out) FO SHUR, trading, emeralds, temples, etc

View PostRennah, on 27 June 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

I agree. While I do love all the new stuff, some of the 'minecraft spirit' has leeked out of the game somewhere along the line.

I Loved 1.7.3 as well, It was the first update I ever got and I liked it.

I think there should be an archive of past versions so people can play earlier versions if they want.

If you want, you can use MCNostalgia to downgrade your game, or a few mods

Edited by AntonioTheMiner, 27 June 2012 - 04:06 PM.

If Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter were all destroyed, 99% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 1% that would be laughing at them, copy this into your signature and hope it happens.

Rennah
    Rennah

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • Location: ERROR 404: You are too stupid to see this persons location.
  • Minecraft: danielthurston

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:20 PM

View PostAntonioTheMiner, on 27 June 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

If you want, you can use MCNostalgia to downgrade your game, or a few mods

Really? Thanks, that's very helpful!
Posted Image

Waylon8tor
  • Location: Kashmir with a Black Dog on a search for the Stairway To Heaven
  • Minecraft: Waylon8tor

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

View PostRennah, on 27 June 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

Really? Thanks, that's very helpful!
In terms of mods, I recommend these two: NBXlite and OldDays.
Posted Image
Click on the achievement to find out how.

JacaByte

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

I bought into the game when powered rails and such came out in beta 1.5, but I think beta 1.7.3 was my favorite version. No hunger system, and the old world generation system was still in use. The old worlds were the best worlds. *le sigh*

I_never_wipe

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

the only new things i like are the things for appearance like upside down stairs and the different colored wood, but other than that i would say early beta
Need more RAM? Download some here.

ownageburst279
  • Minecraft: Ownageburst279

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

Yeah, I agree that minecraft was tonnes more fun when I bought it way back in Beta 1.3, but only because I've owned the game for ages. It's grown stale for me, the game isn't bad, infact minecraft is an amazing game.
I always find games get boring the second time through, I played Half-Life 2, and ep1 and ep2, I really want to replay the games, I just cannot bring myself to do so.

BIG RED THINGS GET ATTENTION!

adamsamoth666

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

I used to LOVE the 1.2 update. I think squidwards and strongholds altered the game a bit. And changed the goal in minecraft. It used to be survive, build mansion, find diamonds, and SURVIVE. It got to easy we the regeneration with hunger so i perfer anything below 1.8

NyanNeko
    NyanNeko

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3345 posts
  • Minecraft: Cat348

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

I dont care, i just want them to declare it done, So i can be through with updates fuggleing my mods
Posted Image
I Solve practical problems