Welcome to Lands of Spleefia. We’re a survival and roleplay server, but with a twist. We offer town-based building, helpful staff members, and most of all, a tight-knit community. Many of our members are long-time friends who played on many servers together before this one. When you apply for this server, you’re not just applying for a server, to place some blocks; You’re applying for a family. Whether you’re looking for roleplay, freebuild, or competition in PvP and spleef, we have something to offer. While this is an RP server, we probably won't be in character 100% of the time. We like to discuss other things too!
As for more technical information, the server has 20 slots. If you’re interested in PvP or RP, we have PvP toggle, which lets you enter the command /pvp on or /pvp off. In order to fight, both people need to have it toggled on. This prevents random attacks (or accidents) and lets you feel safe when you don’t want to fight. The server’s hosted in Seattle, but has players from all over the world. We pride ourselves on being lag-less!
The current year is 1271 AC (After Creation).
Over a thousand years ago, the gods forged the world.
Then came the humans.
Then came spleef.
Spleefia is an ancient land of strict rituals, with no overarching government. The world consists of many small towns and settlements, each with its own unique system of ruling. However, there is one thing that is present in nearly every town: a spleef arena. In many of the various cultures, a boy cannot become a man unless he bests a champion in spleef. Since the dawn of time, all disputes and troubles have been settled in a match of spleef. Lives have been lost, thrones have been taken, and wars have been waged over the ancient game.
There were three gods: Allakai, god of power and war; Sephus, god of nature and storms; and Kodan, god of love and hospitality. Along with the numerous minor gods, they were revered. They had given the races of the land spleef, the game that decided everything. However, groups soon grew to disagreement over gods and other matters. Some became so furious that spleef wasn't enough, and war broke out. The next two hundred years were bathed in blood; they became known as the Spirit Wars.
The year 1012 is generally considered the start of the Spirit Wars. About 10 years prior, the great warlord Konduk rose to power in the Forest of Magic, a region surrounding a major shrine for the gods. Konduk aimed to take control of all of Spleefia, promising prosperity for all who followed him. Unsurprisingly, many towns and tribes opposed this and allied together to fight him in the forest, forming the Spirit Alliance (SA).
Konduk’s first goal was to take control of the Forest of Magic, therefore controlling a major religious and population center. In the winter of 1012, Konduk attacked the SA stronghold of Aryav, starting the first major battle of the war. Hundreds died at Aryav in the city’s destruction, and Konduk won the battle. The Battle of Aryav started a new age of warfare, in which burning towns to the ground and massacring civilians was common. Despite this early setback, the SA resisted Konduk’s assaults for over two decades, using his destructive tactics against him.
Meanwhile, the gods became highly displeased with the humans. The eight-month Battle of Riverwood in 1037 caused the deaths of many innocent Koalamen, favorites of the gods. A great flood, supposed to have been made by divine powers, swept through the ruins of Riverwood and killed numerous soldiers, including the great Konduk and many SA commanders.
This phase is known today as the War of Magic or the First Spirit War. After Konduk’s death, a loyal officer named Arras Seil took control of his forces and started the nation of Seilgtir, based in the grand city of Cathaire far from the Forest of Magic. The war was largely at a standstill, with few major battles, until the year 1127. Two major SA leaders, Ko Ala and Ki Sume, emerged with their tribes evolving into the nations of Ascendance and the Fjallen, which became the two dominant forces of the SA. The two growing nations made a push through Seilgtir’s land and laid siege to Cathaire for several months.
Finally, SA troops broke down the walls of the city and began the Battle of Cathaire, which ended with an SA victory and the end of the Seilgtir War or the Second Spirit War. They then proceeded to destroy the city, killing numerous civilians and angering the gods. Famines plagued the land as a punishment, but Ala and Sume were only driven to fight each other and initiate another war.
The Fjallen eventually launched a major attack on the Ascendance capital of Sovengarde in 1136. After three months of the Siege of Sovengarde, Ascendance launched their newest weapon: airships. The Fjallen were defeated and retreated back towards the city of Novum, which was neutral but now contested between the Fjallen, Ascendance, and the third great nation of Santora. The Battle of Novum, which lasted from 1137 to 1139, resulted in the destruction of the grand city and the deaths of all of the known koalamen in Spleefia. Nations also became obsolete in the battle and both Ala and Sume died at the hands of diseases sent by the vengeful gods.
With the Nations War (also known as the Third Spirit War) over, fighting descended into scattered tribes fighting over small towns for over a century. The pigmen vanished, the testificates nearly vanished, and the human population declined severely as towns were decimated over and over again. The Second Battle of Sovengarde resulted in the floating city crashing into the sea.
Eventually, only one real town remained: Njarovik, former capital of the Fjallen. In 1254, a strong group of pirates known as The Enders laid siege to Njarovik. Finally, in early 1255, The Enders set off a massive explosion that destroyed Njarovik Castle, but also sent a landslide into the Njarovik Valley, killing thousands of soldiers and destroying the city. The last airships in Spleefia were also destroyed in the landslide. The few Enders who survived were turned into mindless beasts known as Endermen. The Ender War, also called the Final Spirit War, was over and the land returned to an unsteady peace.
However, the gods agreed the humans deserved punishment for their deeds. Allakai came up with the idea of casting a scourge of monsters on the land, and Sephus agreed. Sephus spawned them into existence before consulting Kodan, who subsequently became furious. He vowed he would get the better of the other two gods, and did so by trapping some of Sephus' demonic creations in a realm called the Nether.
Little remains of the towns that once stood, but the rebuilding effort has now begun.
Now it’s your turn: Enter the Lands of Spleefia, and take control of your destiny.
1. No griefing. We have a zero-tolerance policy for griefers. No warnings, just an immediate ban.
2. Our staff team is here to maintain the server and make it fun for everyone. Be respectful towards them and do what they ask.
3. No hacking or outside mods such as X-Ray! We WILL catch you using these and ban you on the spot. The only permitted mods are minimaps (as long as they don't help you obtain rare materials or give you any kind of unfair advantage) or other mods that don’t affect gameplay (capes mod, optifine, etc.).
4. Don't build anything ugly (ex. cobble boxes) or screw up the landscape (ex. completely clearing forests or half-chopping trees). Listen to staff regarding this. Also, don’t abuse the height limit by making massive ugly towers.
5. Don’t be a dick, plain and simple. Be nice and respectful to all members.
6. Use common sense! If you think it wouldn’t be allowed, don’t do it.
7. Stay in character as much as possible.
8. Don't be a dick with PvP (ex. attacking people for no reason). Don’t be a wuss either (ex. getting in a battle and then teleporting out or doing /pvp off).
9. Have fun!
Rules for Roleplay:
1. No metagaming or powergaming. Look 'em up if you don't know what they are.
2. PvP may be intertwined with some RP, so if it is, and you're RPing, turn your PvP on.
3. If you're participating in the RP, don't suddenly quit RPing without warning/reason, or vice versa.
4. You still follow the main rules of the server.
5. Don't stray too far from the main story. You're not an alien-fighting breakdancer cowboy from Japan. Also, you don't have red eyes and a dark hood.
6. Important! Don't be cliche.
7. If you really disagree with something (e.g. someone said “I now own all your land), you can break character and say that. If they refuse to listen, and you still disagree, talk to a staff member.
8. If the majority of people are in-character (IC), and you want to say something out-of-character (OOC), say it in [brackets], (parentheses), or <something of the sort>.
9. Again, have fun!
Rules for Spleef:
1. Different towns/arenas may have different rules for spleef, and those have seniority over these. If their rules don’t match these ones, listen to theirs.
2. Standard equipment is no armor, using iron shovels with no enchantments. However, if everyone has a diamond shovel, that is acceptable to use.
3. If the last two remaining contestants fall at the same time, it will be deemed a tie and go to a sudden death match with just those two players. If it’s in a multi-layer stadium, the sudden death match will only be on one layer. If they're separated on islands, the player with the biggest island wins, unless the referee declares that there will be a sudden death match.
4. Leaving the arena at any point during the game is strictly prohibited. However, if you fall or are knocked out, you can continue playing as long as you jump back in right away.
5. If you die during a game, from either fall damage or otherwise, you are disqualified from that match.
6. In multi-layer spleef, if you are more than one layer above all other players, you will be considered the winner of that match, as they cannot destroy the ground under you.
7. When betting on a game, all bets are final and cannot be withdrawn.
8. A referee’s call is final, unless there are other authorities there (moderators, admins, town mayors, etc.).
Staff (These guys are important!)
With a donation of $5 or more, you get:
Blue name in-game
/hat – Put the block you’re currently holding on your head!
/top – Teleport on to the highest block above you!
/nick – Give yourself a nickname!
Ability to make cannons!
With a donation of $10 or more, you get:
All the $5 benefits
Green name in-game
/sethome and /home
Ability to disguise yourself as a cow, chicken, pig, or sheep!
With a donation of $15 or more, you get:
All of the $10 and $5 benefits
Purple name in-game
Lightning when you join!
Ability to disguise as a squid, snow golem, villager, mooshroom, ocelot, or wolf!
Ability to TPA (Send a teleport request to someone, they can accept or deny.)
Ability to use /kit gold to get a full set of gold tools (lol) every 24 hours.
Please note, being a donator doesn't put you above the rules. If abused, powers can be taken away. 100% of donations go towards keeping the server up, I make no profit from this. Do it for the server! All donations are final and non-refundable.
Instructions for applying:
- Fill out all parts of the form unless they are marked as optional.
- Write a decent amount. We don’t want one-word answers.
- Try to use correct grammar and spelling, set a good impression.
- Be honest.
- Please, have a skin that fits the time period/setting. We can't really enforce this, but I might not whitelist you if your character is a warrior and you have a ballerina skin.
- Fit the time period.
- Don't be cliche. Please, just don't do it. (These things are not allowed without a good reason/explanation: dead parents, amnesia, kidnapped love interest, or being a crazy person.)
Age (don't lie, it's not important):
Time Zone (look up time zones if you don’t know what they are):
Favorite type of pastry:
Why did you decide to apply for this server?: Include anyone who referred you in here.
How long have you been playing Minecraft?:
What is your favorite part of Minecraft, and why?:
Describe yourself (personality, hobbies, etc.):
Character name: A logical name, please.
Character age: Nothing less than 15; child characters typically suck.
Backstory: A minimum of one paragraph. That's 8 sentences, preferably much more. Go as in-depth as possible. Childhood (the parents don't have to be absent in everyone's lives), teenage years, starting career. Things that characterize. Bonus points if you tie in the world lore.
Character's fears/flaws: This is important, you can't be perfect.
Character Occupation: Trader, mercenary, priest, leader, citizen, farmer, merchant, redstone engineer, etc.
Skin Image: Please, one that matches your character. It can be weird, but should make sense.
Additional Information (optional):
Any questions about the server (optional):
Examples of bad skins:
http://www.minecraft...85/sailor-moon/ - Too "kawaii."
http://www.minecraft...5/im-a-dolphin/ - It's a dolphin.
Examples of good skins:
http://www.minecraft...imple-huntsman/ - Fits the time period, not ridiculous.
http://www.minecraft...-medieval-skin/ - A normal guy, but not high-tech or anything.
Every time you refer someone who makes an app and is accepted, $1 is added towards your "donations." So, refer five people, you get $5 donation benefits, and so on.
If the person that you refer is banned for some reason, you'll lose the $1.
If you want, check out the Minecraft capes mod!
I've made server capes, if you want to show Spleefia pride!
Check out the red version (mine!) or the blue one.
Lastly, thank you to our host, BeastNode! They’re awesome and we wub them.