• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

~HomeStuck Mod~

homestuck mod

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: ~HomeStuck Mod~ (104 member(s) have cast votes)

Should This Mod Be Made?

1. Yes (100 votes [96.15%])

Percentage of vote: 96.15%

2. No (4 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote

SethBlue
  • Minecraft: SethBlue

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

Posted Image

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Contents~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I. Introduction

II. Major Changes

III. Added Features

IV. Entities

V. Misc. Notes

I. ~Introduction~

Hi. I haven't been on the forums in a while, and I figure I'd just start by saying hello. Since my last post, I think somewhere in September, Minecraft went through 2 updates. I can't say I particularly liked any of these updates, but they did open up a lot of new mod possibilities. Such as this one. Now, since

my last post I have also been very pre-occupied, mostly with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and Team Fortress 2. But then I found HomeStuck. I figure it's been around a while, and it's  accumulated a large fanbase. However, I don't think it has that much credit where it is due. The storyline is great, and I love everything about it. So I figure, let's combine my two favorite things, HomeStuck, and Minecraft. As I said before, Minecraft has two MAJOR updates. Including hunger, XP, The End.. Jungles, Ocelots.. So how about comparing some of these features to HomeStuck objects? Example; Build Grist - XP.

I realize this thread topic probably won't get a lot of views, much to Karkat's rage, but it's worth a shot.

Sooo.. Here we go~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

II. ~Major Changes~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only REAL major changes in this mod, is XP and building. Most other mechanics stay the same. Lets break all this down into a math formula. (Yes, we will break simple 4x4 cubed blocks of different earthly material into math equations.); G = Grist, B = Block, GN = Grist needed;

B = G - GN

Meaning you can only make the block, ( B, with enough Grist, (G) that is needed to produce the block, (GN). I don't even know how this shid works, but wwhatevver. Anyway, so killing monsters gives you both XP (Which is used to go up the echoladder, aka. from Level 1 (Chump ((or something)) ) to Level 2 (Kid Skylark ((or wwhatevver)) )   ) and Build Grist (Used in the equation above). The only contradiction to this is, in HomeStuck, only the SERVER owner places blocks down. See now, lots of people are lonley sacks of organs that play singleplayer, so this is a consistant problem. In the universe of HomeStuck, it is virtually useless for Client players to collect Build Grist at the start.

To fix this problem, we would need to make it so that players start off with enough build grist to make an Alchemitizer (Which would replace a workbench, since in HomeStuck, it is used to combine items to make new items, or make new items out of nothing.). In MULTIPLAYER (this could be a plugin, too, for bukkit servers,) The Server Owner and the Client work in a sort of Co-Op enviorment, giving Minecraft a whole new perspective.

Another major change would be the inventory system. In HomeStuck, they use a backpack kind of thing to hold large things in small cards. It's called the Sylladex. With the Sylladex, people can "Captchalogue" items into cards which are stored in their Sylladex. If there are no more cards in the Sylladex, an item gets pushed out of it to make room for the new one. Well, now, that would be frustratingly interesting, wouldn't it? Lets COMPLETELY irradicate the extra inventory spaces, and make it so that the bottom 9 slots are all you get. However, you can "Alchemitize" (Craft) Extra "Cards" (Inventory Slots; Aka  Posted Image's) to hold more items. So lets say when you press 'E', the screen displays;

Posted Image

As you can see, I changed a lot in this image. First of all, the rows above the hotbar are all locked, that's because the client (player) only has 9 cards unlocked, the hotbar. If the client wishes to unlock more of the inventory to use, they have to craft more "Cards" (Again, cards are the same as inventory slots; Posted Image) . Now let's look at the new mechanics of picking up items. First, take a look at the diagram below;

Posted Image

Let's say you had a Hat in card A, and you wanted to pick up another item to put in the same row. If you had row ABCDEFGHI equipped, and you tried to pick up an item, Card I would be ejected, and ABCDEFGH would move 1 space to the right, and the new card would be inserted where A used to be. ALSO, you can't simply exchange Card A with card L, you'd have to switch the entire row.
   Moving on, take a look at where crafting used to be, you now see that it has been replaced with two different colored hexagons. The blue hexagon represents the player's build grist. Let's stop there and go over build grist for a second. In multiplayer, Build Grist is useless to the player, as it can only be used by the server owner. The client must collect build grist so that the server owner can build things for the client player. In SINGLEPLAYER however, build grist is the same as shale, (the purple hexagon). Shale is used to make things with the alchemitizer, which replaces the workbench. Build Grist and Shale are dropped from Monsters, along with XP.
   Lets move on to getting more cards, as most people will be upset with lack of inventory space. You can craft a Captchalogue card by using up 10 Shale, and 3 build grist. You just right-click with the new card in your hand, and it's added to the next locked card in the row above the hotbar. After completing all the inventory slots, completely filling them with Captchalogue cards, crafting them becomes useless.
Another major change is the lack to place blocks as the client in multiplayer. The client user won't be able to place blocks under any circumstances, but they will be able to freely equip items and so on. Just not place blocks. It's up to the Server owner to manipulate the clients surroundings to fit his/her needs. Hopefully, you have a nice co-op player.
   The echoladder, also known as Levelling up, will also be added. Your level will no longer be displayed as a number, but as a rank instead. (Ex, Boy Skylark, as level 2)

III. ~Added Features~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ Key ]
Posted Image = Placed Object (Only Sever Owner Can Place)
Posted Image = Card Item (Only Client Can Use)
Posted Image = Neutral Item (Both Server and Client Can Use)
Posted Image = Enviormental Object (Neither Server Nor Client Can Manipulate)

-The Cruxiator-
   The Cruxiator can be placed for free by the Server owner. It is used to create Cruxite Cylindars, which are useless until carved into Totems with the Carthilogue. Totems, which is the basic material for alchemitizing new cards, can optionally be used to put Blocks into cards, which the Client can give to the server, and the server can deploy at a later time. A Cruxite Totem is also used to make a new Card to unlock inventory spaces.
------
Cost: 0 BG,
------

-The Alchemitizer-
We mentioned this item earlier, it is essential for playing, and is needed to get anywhere. The Alchemitizer makes new items out of Shale and Build Grist. It's the basic shadow of crafting. You can craft things with different kinds of Grist. (Ex; A "Pogo Hammer" (Hammerkind) can be crafted with Shale, a pogo, and a handle.) Just mess around with it until you hit a combo to create a new item.
------
------

-The Captchaitzer-
This object really only has one use. You insert any object/item card, and a Cruxite Cylinder, and it creates a Cruxite Totem. If no object/item card is inserted, a Default Cruxite Totem is created, which is good for creating any item that require a Cruxite Totem. However, if an object/item card IS inserted, it will create a Totem that, when put in the alchemizer, will create the same object you inserted into the Captchaitzer, for a price. This may all be confusing, so heres an example; I put a stick into the captchaitzer, and I get the Totem it creates. The cost of a stick is 1 Build Grist. So i take the Stick Totem to the Alchemitizer. It creates a Stick for me, discards the Totem, and automatically deducts the price of the item from my Grist. You'll get the hang of it.
------
------

-Teleporter-
This object really needs a description? You need 2 within a 20 block radius in order for it to work. If you have more within a 20 block radius, the teleporter automatically shuts down until only 2 remain.
------
Cost: 50 BG, 20 Shale, 10 AtomicCrystals
------

-Door-
If you need a description, please, exit the forums, and proceed to your nearest preschool.
------
Cost: 25 BG, 5 Shale, 5 WoodenSpheres
------

-Block-
It's just a white block. Just a block.
------
Cost: 15 BG, 5 Shale
------

-Colorful Block-
Block of any color.
------
Cost: 25 BG, 5 Dye (of any color), 5 Shale
------

-Glass-
Translucent block.
------
Cost: 20 BG, 10 Shale,
------

More Blocks will be added once I calculate prices and such.

IV. ~Entities~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another big change is all the entities. Enemies will have a shorter view distance, and will attack you immediately if you are in a 3 block radius of them. However, more common entities, such as chickens and other animals, will be a lot less common. They will also run when they see you by default. Imps will override most mobs, Shale Imps drop shale, and are purple colored, etc etc. Yeah. Not that big of a change there.

V. ~Misc. Notes~

It would REALLY make me happy to see this made. It's a good idea, don't you think? I can do sprites, I just need someone to code If you'd like to help, contact me.

Email: [email protected]

Contact me anytime. Thanks!~

Posted Image BLUH

Register or log in to remove.

Tehjakesor
  • Minecraft: Tehjakesor
  • Xbox:Tehjakesor

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:18 AM

This would be really cool, but probobly hard to code.

Superguin200
  • Minecraft: superguin200

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

How the ­­ has this not been coded yet?
Posted Image

Lunestia
    Lunestia

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Minecraft: Lunesti4

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

Working on a similar project to this, http://www.minecraft...-alpha-gushers/

SeerofBreath
  • Minecraft: big_x15

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

Oh, wow... I kind of wish right now that I had any coding ability. Posted Image

I would, however, love to be a part of this somehow, so maybe I'll try getting some textures for this gathered up/made.
I can not make any promises, but I will try to do that much, and maybe spread the word about this somehow...

I don't know how successful I'll be, but I really want to see this happen, so I will do what I can to see that it does.Posted Image

game1768
    game1768

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

I do know how do code pretty well and I love homestuck so how would you like me to help?

Physical

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

heh.you think you are sooo coool...yeah right,you're just a dude who sweared at me and my country in your skype.
Posted Image

ingmarins

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

I think it could be beneficial to wait for the Plugin API update. Then a HomeStuck plugin could be made and a separate specibus or prototyping plugin depending on the main plugin.
So basically there would be:
*the "mother-plugin" - only one of this. Well unless someone dislikes a version of it and makes their own.
        *more plugins describing various || and && recepies for one kind of gear (like hammerkind)
        *other plugins adding imp and/or ogre models and skins based on a certain prototype
        *more types of plugins

P.S. I code c++ but I don't know much about java. It would be cool to see this working and it would be even cooler if I could give a hand in creating this.

dragonrider7225
  • Minecraft: dragonrider7225

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

I can help in creating this mod.

GENERATION 98: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Kawruu
    Kawruu

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

I should learn how to code just so I can do this, but alas, I don't have the time to read through this huge book. *Lifts "Data Structures for ­s onto the table*

thepistoncast

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

IT'S UNANIMOUS! WE'RE MAKING THE MOD! NOW HURRY THE HECK UP AND MAKE IT!

Lil_Cal
    Lil_Cal

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:36 PM

mhhhh yesuhh

M_Wolf555
  • Minecraft: M_Wolf555

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

NATURALLY SPAWNING GAMZEES

~The Crimson Shadow~

Giecio
    Giecio

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1323 posts
  • Xbox:Gnietslav PL

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

Bec Noir as a boss!
I am the Heir of Light.

My texture pack, check it out!

Meowstar1

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

I believe this is a genius idea and I hope you make it soon :33 :RFlower:

swordofnoah
  • Minecraft: swordofnoah

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:33 AM

I, will, make, this, happen. (If I actually do manage to do this without distractions I will post changelog & such)

EDIT1:
Small amount of work done on the inventory, mainly making it work like stack modus, and messing with the gui, to remove the crafting grid and make it display grist in the future.
EDIT2:
More inventory improvements, plus I modifed the EXP gui, now instead of displaying exp level it displays your echeladder rank, im  also getting close to adding build grist drops.
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=216208]Posted Image[/url]

austin5141

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:56 PM

I will try...

mraof
    mraof

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Minecraft: mraof

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

Is there anyone working on this now?
Posted Image

spengrantest
  • Minecraft: spengrantest

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

I would ADORE this mod, however, i have noticed some errors with the imformation. For example, the cruxite totems arent discarded when they are used, secondly, there are a TON of spelling mistakes. A couple more questions, are we going to need to go into Sburb, (or sgrub) within a few in game days, or the world will end, like in the story. Will the trolls, dancesters, humans and alpha humans be in here? Is cal, hal, scratch, bec, or jack gonna be in this mod, please take these questions, and suggestions seriously.

knarf2011

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:28 AM

This mod does not exist. That is a problem. I will fix that.