• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How to install Modloader on Minecraft 1.2.5?

modloader 1.2.5 windows 7 linux

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

FuzzyGhost

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:49 AM

I hope this doesn't annoy anyone, but my fiance and myself need help installing ModLoader onto Minecraft 1.2.5.  She runs Windows 7, and I run Linux, but from what I've seen the instructions are the same:

1.  Download Modloader (don't know the best site for it though)
2.  Copy the contents of Modloader.zip directly into the parent directory of the minecraft.jar file
3.  Delete META-INF
4.  Done

Except, for both of us, the end result is a corrupt JAR file.  So, is there something we are doing wrong here, have we got a bad ModLoader archive, or what else is it?

Thanks in advance.

Register or log in to remove.

Insidioushate

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:26 AM

watch this youtube vid about modloader

it helped me alot

nickhawaii
    nickhawaii

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Minecraft: ninja_jesus

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:26 AM

The instructions aren't the same. The instructions for Linux should be the same as what you do on a Mac, as far as the META-INF is concerned.

After copying the contents of Modloader.zip into minecraft.jar, DO NOT DELETE THE META-INF FOLDER. Instead, go into the META-INF folder and delete "CODESIGN.RSA" and "CODESIGN.SF", and leave the folder and MANIFEST.MF intact.

The Windows 7 instructions should be correct, though.

FuzzyGhost

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

watch this youtube vid about modloader

it helped me alot!
~InsidiousHate

Unfortunately, those are the exact same instructions I followed above, but they don't work.

The instructions aren't the same. The instructions for Linux should be the same as what you do on a Mac, as far as the META-INF is concerned.

After copying the contents of Modloader.zip into minecraft.jar, DO NOT DELETE THE META-INF FOLDER. Instead, go into the META-INF folder and delete "CODESIGN.RSA" and "CODESIGN.SF", and leave the folder and MANIFEST.MF intact.

The Windows 7 instructions should be correct, though.
~nickhawaii

Okay, it took a while, but the JAR file you have to remove those from is in the /home/~userhere~/.minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar, not the JAR I use to launch the game.  I might have to record a video to help other Linux users in this matter.

My fiance is still having issues however, so I will have to continue testing hers.

nickhawaii
    nickhawaii

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Minecraft: ninja_jesus

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:08 AM

View PostFuzzyGhost, on 26 June 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

Unfortunately, those are the exact same instructions I followed above, but they don't work.

Okay, it took a while, but the JAR file you have to remove those from is in the /home/~userhere~/.minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar, not the JAR I use to launch the game.  I might have to record a video to help other Linux users in this matter.

My fiance is still having issues however, so I will have to continue testing hers.

I found it on my own easily enough, though. I guess I just assume that most Linux users should have a base knowledge of the system they're using, lol.

Are you following the instructions in Risugami's thread? It should still be accurate for Windows.

sam_k500
    sam_k500

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:38 AM

when i try to open minecraft.jar it comes up with ''a exception occurred'' anyone know what i need to do?

secretsniper123

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:24 AM

View Postsam_k500, on 02 August 2012 - 01:38 AM, said:

when i try to open minecraft.jar it comes up with ''a exception occurred'' anyone know what i need to do?
restart your minecraft and install it again so do it all over again

Little_Lord_Lexington611
  • Minecraft: lexington6
  • Xbox:Lexington 6

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:03 PM

You could add the mods to mc patcher. That's how I install simple mods like TMI and Rei's mini map.

kimi317
    kimi317

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

Are there modloaders for Windows Xp?Please Help and reply.