evooni

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Minecraft: EvoOni

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

THE DAY HAS COME!!

Posted Image

My son Addison just turned 3 and like his old man, he is into Minecraft, I knew this day would come.  Anyway, I re-launched the old server with a lot less plugins and in CREATIVE mode.

Toddler Creative Minecraft
The IP Address is
24.166.145.153:25565

Don’t build anything you care about, my 3 year old likes to knock stuff down.  10 players max, no whitelist, no rules, we’ll see how it goes.  No swearing should be an obvious one but I can run plugins for that and I’m pretty sure my son can’t read yet anyway so no worries.  I’ll probably end up resetting the world every week or so because I’d imagine toddlers can really inflict some world damage if they set their little minds to it.

I’d say good age group for this server will be 2-7 but if you want to drop in and play
“jump around with the kids” from time to time feel free.  He gets pretty excited when he sees anything move, lol.

Register or log in to remove.

SoLoAvAIToRmC

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:56 PM

lol is that real?!
xPosted ImageSoLoAvAiToR
Message me by PM:)

evooni
    evooni

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:07 AM

lol, yep.  1 hour after I opened server to the public, 15-20 people joined and left, averaging 5-7 users at any given time.  World is showing some signs of life Posted Image
Posted Image

ROFL, moments later... while I was posting this in fact we had a griefer.  Oh the hazards of running a 100% public server..

Posted Image

and then.. ok ok, looks like I’m going to have to do some admin lockdown, bummer, I really wanted to keep this wide open.  Posted Image

Posted Image

World reset :P

wafflerat
  • Minecraft: wafflerat

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:59 AM

Hey, its me, wafflerat. I was wondering why the server was whitelisted?
Posted Image

evooni
    evooni

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

Server was whitelisted because I have officially lost all faith in fellow gamer's ability to play responsibly.  When I started a MC server a year or so ago it was bad but not this bad, a creative server is practically unplayable 100% public without restrictive plugins in place.  It's unfortunate that there are so many gamers in the MC community hell-bent on ruining other player's fun :(

Switched the server to Survival, loaded new world and whitelisted a few RL friends.  Might take in a few others but for now it's going to stay local till we have a chance to test all the vulnerabilities.

Sorry dude.

wafflerat
  • Minecraft: wafflerat

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:58 AM

View Postevooni, on 26 June 2012 - 08:26 AM, said:

Server was whitelisted because I have officially lost all faith in fellow gamer's ability to play responsibly.  When I started a MC server a year or so ago it was bad but not this bad, a creative server is practically unplayable 100% public without restrictive plugins in place.  It's unfortunate that there are so many gamers in the MC community hell-bent on ruining other player's fun Posted Image

Switched the server to Survival, loaded new world and whitelisted a few RL friends.  Might take in a few others but for now it's going to stay local till we have a chance to test all the vulnerabilities.

Sorry dude.
Ok that is fine
Posted Image