• 924 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:33 PM

do you lose some of your stuff?
it seems like when i die sometimes i can't seem to find some of my stuff

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Narkman2611

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:34 PM

When you die your stuff falls where you die, so it should not get rid of stuff.
Posted Image

Ell00
    Ell00

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:36 PM

It disappears after a while though, I think so be careful :P
Posted Image

Enotho
    Enotho

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1392 posts
  • Minecraft: Enotho

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:46 PM

For me, it seems that part (or all) of my items get invisible, that's probably what happened if it isn't a bug of my own.
Or it probably fell somewhere a few blocks lower, probably in a spot that is hard to see.

rodabon
    rodabon

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7187 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:55 PM

Your stuff explodes out everywhere around where you died.  You will want to look everywhere around especially in nearby areas lower than where you died or in any nearby water.
Re: 3D Minecraft - Anyone tried it?
by c0yote  

I tried it with terrible results. I gave my wife my glasses for a second, a creeper showed up and now my wife is pregnant.
Stupid 3D..

dragonogon
  • Minecraft: dragonogon
  • Xbox:Dragonogon
  • PSN:I have a PSP.

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:08 AM

i have the same problem when i die im usually running from endermen and this one time i was sleeping in my bed and when i woke up a freaking endermen was there and when i died i respawned and for whatever reson it spawned me at my origonal spawnpoint and its a 1 minute walk from there and when i went back in my house the endermen was still there i went in killed the endermen looked in my inventory after the battle my itmes where not in my inventory i looked everywhere in the dungen thats literatly right undermy house my itmes were not there i checked everery where around my house and i mean EVERYWHERE but just could not find my itmes well exept the cooblestone but thats all i found this happened in 1.2.4 by the way.

Edited by dragonogon, 26 June 2012 - 12:09 AM.

Just a bit of info about my avatar, his name is Lord English, he is an indestructible demon that has the power to destroy whole planets with a laser, and he can turn his staff into a machine gun.
Spoiler:

KinglyNinja
  • Minecraft: KinglyNinja

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:10 AM

You probably just missed some stuff. Your items can be spread out over an area or float away if theres water nearby.

Posted Image

efflandt
    efflandt

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:18 AM

Of course if your stuff falls into lava it can be gone.  But if near water, it might be underwater.

You should have 5 minutes real time to retrieve your stuff (you lose some XP).  So if you die outside at night, sleeping can give you more daylight MC time to get it.

dragonogon

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

View PostKinglyNinja, on 26 June 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

You probably just missed some stuff. Your items can be spread out over an area or float away if theres water nearby.
well if u are talking to me i checked EVERYWHERE even in my farm that i put inside my house but i just could not find any itmes
Just a bit of info about my avatar, his name is Lord English, he is an indestructible demon that has the power to destroy whole planets with a laser, and he can turn his staff into a machine gun.
Spoiler:

Vincentspike
  • Minecraft: Vincentspike

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:00 PM

Does no one know after 5 minutes your stuff despawns? .-.
Posted Image
I'll try to be nice, but don't push it, buddy. :3

Bruce_and_a_Moose
  • Minecraft: SydMel

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

When you die your stuff just gets flung all over the place. you'd never believe where i found my chestplate. in a range from ?-5 minutes your stuff disappears.

dragonogon

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:50 PM

well this one time i died and literatly my diamond picaxe was 10 blocks from where i died and it was right beside a lavafall ok say Posted Image that diamondpicaxe was the 1 i had ok so imagine this Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image   thats how close it was
Spoiler:

Blasterboy111
  • Minecraft: bfan1012

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:58 PM

View PostEll00, on 25 June 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

It disappears after a while though, I think so be careful Posted Image

It does, all drops have a 5 minute timer.
OT: I tend to die in/near lava or fire, so sometimes I lose my stuff.
Posted Image

TanzWolf
  • Minecraft: TanzWolf

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:09 PM

Don't creepers explode some of your items? If he died from a creeper explosion, that could be the case.
Can't say that I didn't remind you.

Markan
    Markan

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

items do get destroyed by creepers explosions sometimes, also by lava..and cacti

personally im using the death chest mod, all my items get stored in a chest next to where i died, however, if i died by a creeper, the explosion will destroy my chest,but the items stay on the floor for the next 5 minutes

Posted Image

Boundegar
    Boundegar

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4820 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:35 PM

View Postrodabon, on 25 June 2012 - 11:55 PM, said:

Your stuff explodes out everywhere around where you died.  You will want to look everywhere around especially in nearby areas lower than where you died or in any nearby water.
Also, if it went in lava, you have 5 minutes to jump in and try and fish it out.  Give it a try!

IrishCalahan

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

View PostBoundegar, on 26 June 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

Also, if it went in lava, you have 5 minutes to jump in and try and fish it out.  Give it a try!

In lava, the stuff burns after a few seconds.

Posted Image

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation.