• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft is the most dangerous and destructive game ever.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

Pink Wool
  • Minecraft: Pink_Wool

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:40 AM

This is a bad, bad, very bad game. I warn everyone. Do NOT start playing it.
I want to tell my story. Hopefully it will prevent some damage.
If you already are playing it, get help as fast as possible or you might end up as me.

This is what this evil and BAD game did to me and my family:

- I can´t fall asleep at night because my brain is so full of plans for my game.
- When I finally fall asleep all my dreams and nightmares consists of Minecraft related things.
- I stopped do the laundry, cooking food and cleaning up the house. My son and husband are starving and filthy.
- I lost all contact with friends and family.
- I got a sore behind from sitting in my couch 15 hours/day.
- I haven´t gotten some fresh air since I started playing.
- I inspired my son and his friends to start playing and thus risked their physical and mental health.

I have tried everything! Mushroom stew, cake, killing my self by falling, burning and drowning, smashed my computer to pieces (then stole my husbands), calling the cops and I even left my compass at home and tried to get lost.

If you or anyone you care about is experiencing only a fraction of what I have stated above, please try to help them.

Now I have to go, I am trying to build a ladder 80 storys high without falling to my death. Then I have to harvest my cactus and sugar canes and continue on my indoor wall of lava. I might have to plant some trees and go see if the squids have spawn.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

jmaster888
  • Minecraft: jmaster888
  • Xbox:jmaster888

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:45 AM

haha ur just addicted it isnt dangerous at all u just must keep it under control, these times ppl can get addicted to well almost everything.

Posted Image

Alaric
    Alaric

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:02 PM

Yup. Minecraft somehow resurrected my thought-to-be-dead right-brain creativity while at the same time appealing to (bribing?) the logical order of my left brain. I, too, cannot stop thinking of the endless possibilities although I certainly don't have nightmares about it nor do I neglect my friends & family...yet.

Better to be addicted to Minecraft than WoW—there's no subscription!

CubeJackal said:

[Notch]  <- me
[stone]  [stone]  [stone]
[stone]  [stone]  [stone]  [stone]  <- darkness below here
[stone]  [stone]  [stone]  [stone]
[stone]  [stone]  [stone]  [stone]  [stone]  [Skeleton] <- some faggy skeleton

Spider101

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:24 PM

The fact Ive gone through 2 pencils and 5 sketchbooks purely on minecraft plans shows I too am addicted. Now back to designing that cathedral dedicated to notch...

Baleur
    Baleur

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:58 PM

Alaric said:

SSSSSHHHHHHH!!!!!!   ;)  
Don't give notch any ideas!!  :D

Pink Wool

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:47 PM

jmaster888 said:

haha ur just addicted it isnt dangerous at all u just must keep it under control, these times ppl can get addicted to well almost everything.
Addicted? You mean like with alcohol and drugs and stuff? How insulting! I am NOT addicted. It is the game that is BAD.

Alaric said:

Yup. Minecraft somehow resurrected my thought-to-be-dead right-brain creativity while at the same time appealing to (bribing?) the logical order of my left brain. I, too, cannot stop thinking of the endless possibilities although I certainly don't have nightmares about it nor do I neglect my friends & family...yet..

There should come an on/off switch with creativity. And... maybe I lied a little bit. I don´t have any friends to neglect. :-D
Posted Image

CEOrko
    CEOrko

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:05 PM

Nice attempt, but I am confident that the article at http://www.landoverb...ead.php?t=51266 is still superior in lulz.

Amusingly, Minecraft is the first game that I have played for some time now that hasn't influenced my dreams after hitting the twenty hour mark, and my wanting to play is easily curbed by the limits of the game and my being spoiled by Garry's Mod. Another plus: I haven't downloaded 12GB of textures and models for Minecraft that I will never use.

Also, that creeper image in the link I posted is totally SFW. Don't cry to me because your eyes can't handle lines representing depth.

At first, I was like
[Notch]
BUT THEN I PUT ON MY RAPE FACE
[SSSS]

doge00
    doge00

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:23 PM

I CRY!!!!!!!!!! but i think i am not so addicted to minecraft so much. But i afraid to go to dark places because zombie might spawn there... or even CREEPER!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Pink Wool

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:03 PM

CEOrko said:

Nice attempt, but I am confident that the article at http://www.landoverb...ead.php?t=51266 is still superior in lulz.
Hm... that was scary reading. I am happy I´m not living in America. I live in World 3.
Posted Image

raptorfangamer

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:20 PM

you just left your minecraft addiction go to far
minecraft is not bad, everything in excess is bad,
minecraft can help people be creative, create, build, kill some pigs, and then farm,
and yeah, i know this is probably a joke post as it is too absurd,
Esrock: an amazing minecraft community!
The king of the stick!
Posted Image

182crazyking said:

User said:

You sir need a psychiatrist.

No, he would need a psychiatrist if he was kind of screwed up. This guy is REALLY screwed up; he needs to BECOME a psychiatrist.

binaryclock

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:36 PM

I showed minecraft to my wife and son, and now I had to purchase them each an account as well so we can all get on our multiplayer server at the same time.  I'd say our family is addicted to this game, but you have to keep it under control.  Work still needs to get done in a timely fashion and without compromise.

My wife builds amazing things such as the epic proportion castle under construction right now, my son explores and crafts things, and I like to work with redstone circuits.  What is amazing about this game is that it has something for everyone, and all those "somethings" can come together to make one final project, or they cannot if that is what you wish.

Duckpasties

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

Even though I highly doubt this is serious, only you and your lack of self-control is to blame for your addiction.

There was a TV programme on last year about video game addiction and all the parents featured blamed the game manufacturers or the game itself. Surprise, surprise.
It's funny how people are always quick to blame something other than themselves.

All I can say is that I laughed heartily throughout.

Xaiier said:

Nick1021 said:

I spawned in a dessert biome.

Mmm, were there candy trees and ice cream?

Robosprog

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:56 PM

Unsuccesfull troll is succesfull.

Seriously? Crap trolling mate, step up your game, just because most people here are gullible doesn't mean you can slack.
Check out my minecraft story, The New World at:
The New world

Space_Butler said:

There is no veteran or non-veteran status.  Only dick-measuring contests via when you started playing.

asferot
    asferot

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1669 posts
  • Minecraft: asferot

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

We all are doomed already!
May Notch have mercy on our souls!
What do you see in the sky when you look up? What do you feel when looking at a starlit midsummer sky?

Pink Wool

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:32 PM

binaryclock said:

... I'd say our family is addicted to this game,...
Lucky you! My husband just sighs and rolls his eyes when he hears the cows and sheaps.... :-D

asferot said:

We all are doomed already!
Let´s just go with the flow! In 10 years we can suit Notch just like some people suit McDonalds for getting fat or cigarette companies for getting cancer. XD
Posted Image

pzl
    pzl

Carpenter

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:59 PM

CEOrko said:

Started reading it laughing my ass off. brilliant.

a few pages later I started doubting that it was a troll....

a few posts after that I had to stop reading. I couldn't process the stupidity.

Desater said:

esc27 said:

Can the dispenser dispense dispensers?
yo dawg...

Huey said:

EDIT: In case you couldn't tell this is so far away from legit that you can't even see legit from here. Everything was done while flying around with infinite blocks.

FontSize72LOL

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:19 PM

pzl said:

CEOrko said:

No, it is a troll. Perhaps the biggest and most elaborate trolling i have ever seen.

EternalDensity
  • Minecraft: eternaldensity

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:31 PM

Lame story sis.
Thread Ninja. Call me ED.

Tali'Zorah, on 01 April 2186 - 05:30 AM, said:

Sssssshepard, the Creepersssss are ~ASssssssssUMING DIRECT CONTROL

Msj2705
    Msj2705

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:35 PM

FontSize72LOL said:

pzl said:

CEOrko said:

No, it is a troll. Perhaps the biggest and most elaborate trolling i have ever seen.
You're right.
it's obviously a troll.
because "TrueChristian ™" is such an ironic name.
because the fact that you TM something like that suggests you make your living through the term. Which suggests you are not.

also: obvious troll is obvious when they say the blocky graphics mock god because modern GPUs can handle much more complex shapes.

and everyone that had a differing opinion in that post was banned or but in timeout (which they call "under investigation" on their forum)

I might have to start trolling on there. seems more profitable than 4chan.
Remember.

Pink Wool

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:45 PM

Hey... don´t get OT on me! ;-)

Another terrible consequence of playing this BAD game is the agonizing abstinence you experience after not playing for some hours. I was out today (!) and when I came home I was feeling nauseous, dizzy, my hands was trembling and I had a panicattack. After I got home to World 3 and took a swim with the squids I felt a lot better.

Maybe you´r all right.... maybe I AM addicted. Oh me oh my.... :-D
Posted Image