Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[SSP/SMP] DayZ for Minecraft [Download]


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1

HoBoS_TaCo
    HoBoS_TaCo

    Redstone Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 591 posts
  • Location: Australia
  • Minecraft: HoBoS_TaCo
  • Xbox:HoBoS TaCo

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:34 AM

Posted Image

I'm now working in a team to make the best DayZ mod possible. See here for more.


I'm working on DayZ for minecraft. DayZ is a mod for Arma2 that fills the world with zombies and adds new items. I'm making a mod like this for minecraft.

Planned features:
  • New weapons - Guns, Knives, explosives etc.
  • NPC Bandits.
  • More food.
  • Random zombie textures.
Completed Features:
  • Painkillers.
  • Bandages.
  • Zombies spawn in daylight.
  • Zombies aren't affected by sunlight.
  • Zombies have more health hearts of health.
  • Biome Changes.
  • Randomly spawned buildings in wilderness with random chest items.
  • Singleplayer and Multiplayer.
  • New Items - Assorted Food - Chocolate bars, biscuits, Bottles of water, canned food, etc.
  • Swords deal 0 damage otherwise they are overpowered.
Images:
Spoiler:

Item textures by taylorsand

Download:
v1 for 1.2.5 (client and server)

v2 will add guns and fix fix and add more random structures. I need more structures to add so send me your world file or .schematic and i might add it in.

If you have any suggestions or want to contribute skins, houses, forts or item textures, post below.

You might want to check out my other mods too. Click here!


This document is Copyright ©(2012) and is the intellectual property of the author. Only Minecraftforum.net is able to host any of my material without my consent. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. If you mirror this mod or mod page or anything I've made on any other site, I may express my angst at you in the form of a lawsuit.

Edited by HoBoS_TaCo, 28 June 2012 - 12:56 AM.


Register or log in to remove.

#2

Goddigger858
    Goddigger858

    The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:56 AM

Sweet. When I can download this mod ill go nuts. Good luck making the mod!
Posted Image
Support Pokemon?

#3

HoBoS_TaCo
    HoBoS_TaCo

    Redstone Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 591 posts
  • Location: Australia
  • Minecraft: HoBoS_TaCo
  • Xbox:HoBoS TaCo

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

View PostGoddigger858, on 21 June 2012 - 08:56 AM, said:

Sweet. When I can download this mod ill go nuts. Good luck making the mod!
First version will probably be out in 24 hours.

#4

Nnelg9111
  • Location: Belgium
  • Minecraft: Nnelg9111

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

Will whats in the chest be randomly decided?

Will in Multiplayer the things in chests respawn from time to time (randomized again) so that not all chests are empty after a while

Also, there should be zombies that may affect the player like a dungeon spider, poisoning (hurt and losing blood) him and making him to have to use first aid kit or painkillers. Maybe you can turn Milk (that is used to cancell the effect of poison I think) into Bandages or something like that

Will the map with buildings be randomly generated or do players have to create one on their own?

Will there be roads between cities?

#5

HoBoS_TaCo
    HoBoS_TaCo

    Redstone Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 591 posts
  • Location: Australia
  • Minecraft: HoBoS_TaCo
  • Xbox:HoBoS TaCo

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:00 AM

View PostNnelg9111, on 21 June 2012 - 09:41 AM, said:

Will whats in the chest be randomly decided?
Yes.

View PostNnelg9111, on 21 June 2012 - 09:41 AM, said:

Will in Multiplayer the things in chests respawn from time to time (randomized again) so that not all chests are empty after a while
No. Zombies will drop items randomly and rarely though.

View PostNnelg9111, on 21 June 2012 - 09:41 AM, said:

Also, there should be zombies that may affect the player like a dungeon spider, poisoning (hurt and losing blood) him and making him to have to use first aid kit or painkillers. Maybe you can turn Milk (that is used to cancell the effect of poison I think) into Bandages or something like that
There will be normal zombies, zombies that poison, fast zombies that only spot you up close etc.

View PostNnelg9111, on 21 June 2012 - 09:41 AM, said:

Will the map with buildings be randomly generated or do players have to create one on their own?
There will be more randomly generated structures along with villages.

View PostNnelg9111, on 21 June 2012 - 09:41 AM, said:

Will there be roads between cities?
No randomly generated roads.

#6

1Jamster1
  • Location: Australia
  • Minecraft: 1Jamster1

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

I also have been making a DayZ mod for minecraft, perhaps we could join forces and make an even better mod together?
The forum topic: http://www.minecraft...-first-release/
Posted Image

#7

Bongster7

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:12 AM

This sounds sweet man, can't wait for a download! Posted Image

#8

HoBoS_TaCo
    HoBoS_TaCo

    Redstone Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 591 posts
  • Location: Australia
  • Minecraft: HoBoS_TaCo
  • Xbox:HoBoS TaCo

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:44 AM

View Post1Jamster1, on 21 June 2012 - 02:11 PM, said:

I also have been making a DayZ mod for minecraft, perhaps we could join forces and make an even better mod together?
The forum topic: http://www.minecraft...-first-release/
Not right now. I'm planning on taking mine in a different direction to yours. Good luck though.

#9

1Jamster1
  • Location: Australia
  • Minecraft: 1Jamster1

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

View PostHoBoS_TaCo, on 22 June 2012 - 04:44 AM, said:

Not right now. I'm planning on taking mine in a different direction to yours. Good luck though.
Thats cool, good luck to you too
Perhaps in the future, our mods will come together
Posted Image

#10

BrunoCrafter

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

Will we be able to loot the dead bodies to get food/ammo?

#11

zilb
    zilb

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Location: SpAc3EE

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:52 AM

When you get hit by a zombie constantly there should be a chance of you getting poisoned and your health bar turns green like normal (to simulate bleeding) for example "Your walking and get hit alot by a zombie then you start bleeding and instead of taking damage every 2 seconds you take 1half of damage every 30seconds unless you heal yourself with a bandage and if you dont it eventually stops and health shouldnt regenerate

View PostBrunoCrafter, on 23 June 2012 - 09:12 PM, said:

Will we be able to loot the dead bodies to get food/ammo?
yea like opening a chest just on a body

#12

HoBoS_TaCo
    HoBoS_TaCo

    Redstone Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 591 posts
  • Location: Australia
  • Minecraft: HoBoS_TaCo
  • Xbox:HoBoS TaCo

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:08 AM

View PostBrunoCrafter, on 23 June 2012 - 09:12 PM, said:

Will we be able to loot the dead bodies to get food/ammo?

Zombies will drop items randomly.

View Postzilb, on 25 June 2012 - 04:52 AM, said:

When you get hit by a zombie constantly there should be a chance of you getting poisoned and your health bar turns green like normal (to simulate bleeding) for example "Your walking and get hit alot by a zombie then you start bleeding and instead of taking damage every 2 seconds you take 1half of damage every 30seconds unless you heal yourself with a bandage and if you dont it eventually stops and health shouldnt regenerate

There is a chance that you will get poisoned when attacked.

#13

HoBoS_TaCo
    HoBoS_TaCo

    Redstone Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 591 posts
  • Location: Australia
  • Minecraft: HoBoS_TaCo
  • Xbox:HoBoS TaCo

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

Download v1 now! :D

#14

Amauri601
  • Location: Lisbon-Portugal
  • Minecraft: AmauriRPG7

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

Awesome : ] ...
But incompatible with OptiFine : [
Posted Image

#15

HoBoS_TaCo
    HoBoS_TaCo

    Redstone Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 591 posts
  • Location: Australia
  • Minecraft: HoBoS_TaCo
  • Xbox:HoBoS TaCo

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:55 AM

View PostAmauri601, on 26 June 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

Awesome : ] ...
But incompatible with OptiFine : [

I'll fix that for v2.

#16

reazion
    reazion

    Void Walker

  • Members
  • 1549 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:13 AM

This mod looks AWESOME. i honestly thing people shuld try it. also i'm on the same server as this guy <3 :D

Posted Image


#17

Etrillbyn

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:09 AM

This sounds awesome, but I'm wondering, will there be generated cities? because one of the things I loved were running through the cities in the original DayZ mod.

#18

HoBoS_TaCo
    HoBoS_TaCo

    Redstone Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 591 posts
  • Location: Australia
  • Minecraft: HoBoS_TaCo
  • Xbox:HoBoS TaCo

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:13 AM

View PostEtrillbyn, on 27 June 2012 - 02:09 AM, said:

This sounds awesome, but I'm wondering, will there be generated cities? because one of the things I loved were running through the cities in the original DayZ mod.
That would take a lot of coding and would freeze minecraft as it loads it in midgame. I am planning on making custom villages with more features.

#19

TehJazz
    TehJazz

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:18 AM

If you want some help with textures or modeling I'm willing to help cause I can fit it into a project for my game design class.
Check out MineGolf. MiniGolf in Minecraft! viewtopic.php?f=1034&t=355014

I'm so cool cause I say I'm cool like all the cool kids.

#20

MattcodeTheCoder

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:00 AM

I can help with textures and the skins if you need it ;) just ask.

Posted Image