• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Mossy Stone

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Dominicus_Saxon

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:14 AM

I am trying like heck to find mossy stone - I've dug up half of a jungle looking for it but nada yet.  Where can it be found ?
[imgurgallery]Posted Image[/imgurgallery]

Register or log in to remove.

Jordy0364
  • Minecraft: Jordy0364
  • Xbox:Jordy0364

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:27 AM

In the next update.

awesomedude4life

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:28 AM

they can only be found in dungeons
Spoiler:

Badspot
    Badspot

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Minecraft: Derroith

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:34 AM

If you are referring to mossy stone bricks, they are in strongholds.

If you mean mossy cobblestone, they are in dungeons.

Dominicus_Saxon

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:54 AM

Either mossy cobblestone or mossy stone would work, I've looking all over in dungeons but have never once seen any and I have never found a stronghold - where are they ?

500farts
  • Location: Why should I tell you where i live?If i do will you com and stalk me? Well do you really want to know where I live? Click that little green arrow and it shall be reveled!
  • Xbox:SUPER CRAZYP0OP or PO0P

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:56 AM

Here <=== Is the stronghold info :)
If you can read this you have a very large computer screen or good eye-sight! Here is a bigger version
Spoiler:

MrLoco
    MrLoco

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:02 AM

Listen closely in caves and underground places with headphones.  When you hear what sounds like a bunch of the same monsters going nuts, you may be near a dungeon.  You can tell its direction in the L and R ears by turning around, though you can't tell above or below too well.  Just dig around and find the source of the noise.

CraftIndustries
  • Minecraft: TeamInfecti0n

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:27 AM

Mossy cobblestone surrounds mob spawners in caverns underground. You have to dig deeper.

Posted Image

Bukkit Plugin Developer - Server Host - Proud Builder To This Day

Cliodna
    Cliodna

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Minecraft: Cli0dna

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:52 AM

View PostCraftIndustries, on 21 June 2012 - 04:27 AM, said:

You have to dig deeper.

...but preferably not directly down.

If you found a dungeon but it has no mossy cobblestone in it then either you are in multiplayer and someone nicked it or you were not in a dungeon (could you be referring to temples or mineshafts?). A dungeon is a small, underground room with a spawner that you can deactivate by lighting the room up with torches (and sticking a torch on top of a spawner, I believe). The floor of a dungeon is made of mossy cobblestone. Best way to find them is to either run along cave systems listening for mob noises or, if you are into cheating, to make a transparent texture pack (might not be allowed in multiplayer!).
Also, I think that you had to have the ''Generate structures'' option ON while creating that world for them to occur, but don't take my word for it.

Also, MinecraftWIki is your friend, dear. :)

Anon_Player

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:56 AM

Dungeons are the little rooms with chests and monster spawners. As the user above said, MC Wiki is your friend.
Hello, my name is Anon_Player, but you can call me Anon :)

bluemagic123
  • Location: At school, getting too much homework to sleep at night.
  • Minecraft: bluemagic123

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:15 AM

View PostDominicus_Saxon, on 21 June 2012 - 03:54 AM, said:

I have never found a stronghold - where are they ?
You can use eyes of ender; they will fly in the general direction of a stronghold. To get an eye of ender, craft a blaze powder and an ender pearl together in a crafting grid (in any shape).

Dominicus_Saxon

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

Ahh, think I found the issue.  I'm in multiplayer.  Maybe I can ask the admin to give me some lol.  Are strongholds in Multiplayer ?  Cuz I have several of them from killing Endermen.

ThatDutchIdiot
  • Minecraft: ThatDutchIdiot

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

No-one said it, but the Jungle Temples (although pretty rare) contain a ton of mossy cobblestone.

But finding that requires a lot of luck. I got 5 huge Jungle biomes around my house and none of them have Temple inside :(
Working on a big medieval town in SSP Click me

Avskygod0
    Avskygod0

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1009 posts
  • Minecraft: Avskygod0

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

As 1.2.5 there is only two blocks with moss in the game. Mossy cobblestone and stone bricks with moss. Mossy cobblestone is found in dungeons,the little underground rooms that contain a chest with whatever crap somebody left in it and a mob spawner put there by some black magic. Mossy stone bricks however are found in strongholds,the massive messy confusing castle that got buried by black magic too(they also contain enderportal). To find dungeons,just go in caves,explore a lot of them and listen to the scary noise. For strongholds you need to mix blaze powder and ender pearl. Throw it,just follow the direction and don't forget to bring more then one and pick them up when they fall. When they start going into the ground,dig deep down,your stronghold is there and i have no idea to navigate through them.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Lolligator
  • Minecraft: Lolligator

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

Either mossy cobblestone or mossy stone would work, I've looking all over in dungeons but have never once seen any and I have never found a stronghold - where are they ?

If you have been looking in dungeons and haven't found any, you probably have the wrong idea of what a dungeon is.

A dungeon is 1 room with a spawner in. The room has walls of cobblestone and a floor of mossy and normal cobblestone.
Posted Image

Evilsean
    Evilsean

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

I discovered a good way of finding strongholds.
1-Press F3 and find your map seed and write it down
2-Start a creation game with that same map seed
3-Use the unlimited Eye of Ender to throw in the air and lead you to a Stronghold location
4-Dig straight down until you find said Stronghold
5-Press F3 and write down the x,y,z coordinates of the Stronghold
6-Go back to your original game and follow those coordinates to Stronghold

Mantere
    Mantere

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:04 PM

Mossy cobblestone is officially named as moss stone (cobblestone texture with green moss). You can found it in every dungeon that has a floor. So if you are looking this you have found it, because you claim to have looked all over in dungeons.

Mossy stone bricks are a variant of Stone bricks (stone brick texture, with green moss) that can be found in strongholds.

Now which one you were looking for?

Posted Image

Sameer81
    Sameer81

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • Minecraft: Sameer_81

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

Found in dungeons or in the snapshot's jungle temples.. The wiki is your friend. Read it,
http://www.minecraft...wiki/Moss_Stone
Posted Image

Lilplayah101
  • Minecraft: Lilplayah101

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:32 PM

Moss Stone, as of 1.2.5, can only be naturally spawned in Dungeons.

Dominicus_Saxon

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

I'm gonna go with EvilSean's idea of copying the seed on a creative mode to find a stronghold, but have to strongly disagree with a dungeon being a spawner room.  I have 3 spawner rooms I've found (oddly all within about 20 blocks of each other so I connected them all with a hallway and glass to keep the spiders at bay) and none of them had mossy stone anywhere around them.  Now a dungeon MAY have mossy stones in them but it's not 100% obviously  :(  Not trying to start anything, just want to clear up any confusion that moss is always by a spawner.