• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft Forge Sound problem

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

JoshTN10

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:32 PM

For some reason every time I install minecraft forge 3.2.3 my music and sound is turned off and when I turn it on it crashes my game. I have reset my minecraft.jar file and tested it without forge and it is fine but once i install it the problem occurs. Is there any way for me to fix this? Your help is appreciated.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

(william758)
  • Minecraft: williamreyes758

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:20 AM

Forge is currently in the 3.2.6 phase so it's probably because your using an outdated version.

MrLasVegas777

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:03 AM

I have the same exact problem I need help

nickhawaii
    nickhawaii

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Minecraft: ninja_jesus

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

I have minecraft forge 3.2.3 installed without any problems; maybe you're installing it wrong? What are your computer specs?

brownies13
  • Minecraft: brownies13

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:50 AM

same thing happened to me.i'll try getting the 3.2.6 and see what happens though.

brownies13
  • Minecraft: brownies13

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:11 AM

tried doing what you guess sayed nothing changed.sound still does not work.(i have a macbook)
plz tell me what i can do that would fix this.

nickhawaii
    nickhawaii

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Minecraft: ninja_jesus

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:20 AM

Ohhhh, okay. I may know what the problem is.

On a macbook, when you install a mod into the minecraft jar, if you're placing in a folder that shares a name with an existing folder, you cannot just overwrite the folder. For some odd reason, overwriting folders will delete all the previous contents from the folder and replace it with the new ones, which can delete important files from the .jar.

Instead, what you need to do is, whenever you have to overwrite folders, you must open both folders to the point where the contents in one folder is different from the other one, and copy the unique contents into the folder of the minecraft.jar. For example, Minecraft Forge and the minecraft.jar both have a "net" folder; what you need to do is open both net folders and place any unique files/folders from the Minecraft Forge "net" folder into the minecraft.jar "net" folder.

God, explaining this is hard. Can someone else sum up what I'm trying to say?

Steve104
    Steve104

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:57 AM

To sum it up...
Don't copy folders directly. Move the contents of each folder inside Forge, into the matching folder in your minecraft.jar.
Hope that does it. :)

The main problem is a folder getting over-written inside the sound folder.
The folder in forge "paulscode/sound/codecs" contains one file, "CodecIBXM", that you need to move into the same place in minecraft.jar.
There should be two others there. "CodecJObis" and "CodecWav".

This should solve the sound problem, as it worked for me.

The other folder to watch for is "net/minecraft/client". Repeat above to avoid possible problems.

kelseyanne123

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:34 PM

I have this same issue do you think someone can make a video tutorial on it when i read it it does not make much sense i tried to merge all my folders instead of replacing and now all i get is a black screen.

AToxicNinja

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:39 PM

View PostSteve104, on 01 July 2012 - 03:57 AM, said:

To sum it up...
Don't copy folders directly. Move the contents of each folder inside Forge, into the matching folder in your minecraft.jar.
Hope that does it. Posted Image

The folder in forge "paulscode/sound/codecs" contains one file, "CodecIBXM", that you need to move into the same place in minecraft.jar.

The other folder to watch for is "net/minecraft/client". Repeat above to avoid possible problems.

I did this even though im on Windows 7 but it still crashes when trying to load the sound(by even trying to turn on the music/sound)

luacs1998
  • Minecraft: luacs1998

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:01 AM

Crash log, please.

Chunmeista

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:30 PM

View PostSteve104, on 01 July 2012 - 03:57 AM, said:

To sum it up...
Hope that does it. Posted Image

Perfect! Your solution worked for Forge 3.3.7!

XdadotterKingDL

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

yea and if anyone has the same problem and they dont get what anybody told them to do watch this video btw its for mac
Posted Image