• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

wreed58
    wreed58

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:37 PM

Does anyone know of any cool plugins? im not talking about administration plugins like essentials or world guard i want plugins that make the server cool! U know what i mean right?? Well if you have any ideas post em below!Thanks!

Register or log in to remove.

Tiger468
    Tiger468

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:44 PM

the most loved is factions at the moment.....
Posted Image

X_angelz_X
    X_angelz_X

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 923 posts
  • Minecraft: X_angelz_X
  • Xbox:NeturonicAngelz

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

View PostTiger468, on 20 June 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

the most loved is factions at the moment.....

Yes this is very much true,

If anything Factions, unless your not running a pvp server, then you should totally add these plugins :)

1. Bloodmoon: http://dev.bukkit.or...mods/bloodmoon/
2. Spleef Arena Type Plugin : http://dev.bukkit.or.../simple-spleef/
3. Mob Arena : http://dev.bukkit.or...-mods/mobarena/

Bloodmoon is a very fun plugin, it's pretty much what the Terrarria thing does, you have a certain amount of chance to have a bloodmoon spawn in a certain night, and if it does spawn, it strengthens all the mobs, Skeletons shoot fire arrows, Zombies take like 6 hits from a Diamond Sword, Creepers explode even BIGGER, and best of all, the mobs can destroy your builds, ( If they are focused on you )

Spleef is amazing as well, it's always a challenge, you can create your own custom arena and go at it.

Mob Arena is fun too :), Fight to the death with mobs a gore. :)

Owner of MineVast

Posted Image

Twitter

Website

AsiAticStaTiC
  • Minecraft: AsiAticStaTiC

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:18 PM

Some fun ones:

-A mob hunting plugin that gives rewards to players each kill and then a bigger reward to the player with the mos kills at the end of the night.
-Jobs or something of the sort yo promote friendly competition among your players.
-Some kind of plugin that has a leaderboard, again to promote friendly competitions.
-And spleen like angelz said because its awesome.

Beta is here! Click me for more details

Posted Image

lolitsthad

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:36 AM

View PostAsiAticStaTiC, on 20 June 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

-A mob hunting plugin that gives rewards to players each kill and then a bigger reward to the player with the mos kills at the end of the night.

-Some kind of plugin that has a leaderboard, again to promote friendly competitions.

Mob hunting plugin sounds awesome, any specific recommendation? And would it prevent people from using mob grinders?

Leaderboard plugins are great, I can agree with that. I have a few leaderboards (kills, kdr, playing time, money, # of event wins) and people love competing to get on them. Any others you use?

◄◄◄
If you have interesting maps/mods feel free to message them to me if you'd like me to do an LP/spotlight

AsiAticStaTiC
  • Minecraft: AsiAticStaTiC

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:07 AM

Im not sure about the leaderboard thing, the only plugin I know off the top of my head that uses a leaderboard is mcMMO.

As for the mob hunting plugin check out - MonsterHunt

Also if you have an Economy plugin I suggest getting MoneyDrop which does basically what it states, for every mob you kill you get a certain amount of money, and the server owner can set that amount accordingly. - MoneyDrop and if you dont have it already you'll also need Vault for the MoneyDrop plugin to work.

Hope that helps and good luck on your server :)

Beta is here! Click me for more details

Posted Image

Skittylolli
  • Minecraft: skittylolli

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:32 AM

Factions is definitely a great on on PvP servers :) . iConomy, of course, is also an awesome and ideal if you want to put factions in. And the chest shops make it easier if a player needs a certain item, but isn't a great fighter or explorer. And if you have iConomy, (if it isn't already included, I don't know how iConomy works anymore) you might as well put in that one mob hunting thing that rewards you for killing hostile mobs. It's a great way for users to earn money. But make it so it varies, like a low amount for a zombie, because killing a zombie is pretty easy, but a higher amount for like a creeper of endermen. Don't get the DynMap plugin. This would make it way to easy for other people to find your base and loot it. That's just unfair from a player's point of view. MobCatcher is also good. It alows the player to catch mobs and obtain mob eggs legitimately. PermissionsEx. Get it. Just get it. ServerLogSaver :3. It helps with lag! These are most of the good ones, but there are many more :D
I have a severe case of malapropism.

wreed58
    wreed58

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

View PostX_angelz_X, on 20 June 2012 - 09:39 PM, said:

Yes this is very much true,

If anything Factions, unless your not running a pvp server, then you should totally add these plugins Posted Image

1. Bloodmoon: http://dev.bukkit.or...mods/bloodmoon/
2. Spleef Arena Type Plugin : http://dev.bukkit.or.../simple-spleef/
3. Mob Arena : http://dev.bukkit.or...-mods/mobarena/

Bloodmoon is a very fun plugin, it's pretty much what the Terrarria thing does, you have a certain amount of chance to have a bloodmoon spawn in a certain night, and if it does spawn, it strengthens all the mobs, Skeletons shoot fire arrows, Zombies take like 6 hits from a Diamond Sword, Creepers explode even BIGGER, and best of all, the mobs can destroy your builds, ( If they are focused on you )

Spleef is amazing as well, it's always a challenge, you can create your own custom arena and go at it.

Mob Arena is fun too Posted Image, Fight to the death with mobs a gore. Posted Image

Mob arena doesnt work:( they havent updated it in a while :'(

lolitsthad

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

View Postwreed58, on 21 June 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

Mob arena doesnt work:( they havent updated it in a while :'(

It still works, it just shows errors when you start the server. Haven't installed it on my main server yet so not sure about timings.

◄◄◄
If you have interesting maps/mods feel free to message them to me if you'd like me to do an LP/spotlight

MikeA
    MikeA

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3184 posts
  • Minecraft: Mikeambrose3

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

View Postlolitsthad, on 21 June 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

It still works, it just shows errors when you start the server. Haven't installed it on my main server yet so not sure about timings.
/spawnmob Giant 999 usually works better.

Posted Image

MakZF
    MakZF

Carpenter

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:04 AM

I really like LimitedCreative. Lets you get users into creative mode without having creative anarchy.
Owner of ZeldaCraft

lolitsthad

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

View Postmikeambrose3, on 21 June 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

/spawnmob Giant 999 usually works better.

LOL is it that bad?

◄◄◄

MikeA
    MikeA

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3184 posts
  • Minecraft: Mikeambrose3

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:07 PM

View Postlolitsthad, on 22 June 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

LOL is it that bad?
._. I am just saying.. I can make my own mob arenas :> (But it's a bit overpowered)

Posted Image

lolitsthad

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

View Postmikeambrose3, on 22 June 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

._. I am just saying.. I can make my own mob arenas :> (But it's a bit overpowered)

Oh, I thought you were saying MobArena wastes a lot of resources like spawning 999 giants would, lol

◄◄◄

Lego_Dude999
  • Minecraft: Lego_Dude999
  • Xbox:dawgstudios

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

I have a cool plugins it is called: Citizens.

commands:

/npc create (Name)  To create a NPC.
/npc equip     To add weapons and armor to the NPC.
/npc   For NPC Help.
/npc talkclose    Lets the NPC talk when you get close.
/npc set Sets the NPC text.

Tell me if you need help. :)