• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Changing your MC username? Is it possible?!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

TheCrafter2011
  • Minecraft: alexk252

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:51 AM

Hey, I am wanting to change my MC username.I wonder is it possible to do this? Will it cost money for the change? Help me out thanks!

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

pwajnkaim

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:02 AM

no you can not
Posted Image

Gatling_Tech
  • Minecraft: "GLaDOS".

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

not at the moment, but i hear they are working on it.

StellaVivre
  • Minecraft: echostorm12

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:48 PM

On some servers, you can. People change their user names to "Notch" all the time.

However, on other servers and single player you can't. Hopefully, it's added in the future Posted Image
Posted Image
On Minecraft 24/7!

CraftIndustries
  • Minecraft: TeamInfecti0n

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

The Short Answer:
No.

The Long Answer:
No, but they're supposedly working on this being able to be made possible. At the moment, you can only change you name in multiplayer servers, but that's the display name in the chatbox. Though, there's a plugin, along with Spout plugin, that changes your overhead name as well.

Posted Image

Bukkit Plugin Developer - Server Host - Proud Builder To This Day

William
    William

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1082 posts
  • Minecraft: Willikesart

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:35 PM

View PostCraftIndustries, on 19 June 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

The Short Answer:
No.

The Long Answer:
No, but they're supposedly working on this being able to be made possible. At the moment, you can only change you name in multiplayer servers, but that's the display name in the chatbox. Though, there's a plugin, along with Spout plugin, that changes your overhead name as well.

'No, but they're supposedly working on this being able to be made possible.' I've heard this statement also, I've heard that Jeb and Notch were deliberating over it a while back and if they decide to do it, it'll probably be a one time thing. (So like, a chance to change your username only once.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

RabbleRoost
  • Minecraft: RabbleRoost

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:21 AM

Can always buy another account. ._.

✿Rabble - administrator at SacredLabyrinth.net
Posted Image

crazyapplezz

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:30 AM

View PostRabbleRoost, on 20 June 2012 - 02:21 AM, said:

Can always buy another account. ._.
waste another 27 dollars i wouldn't do that
my profile picture is not from pokemon -_-

mremodrulez
  • Minecraft: mremodrulez
  • Xbox:mremodrulez

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:48 AM

Well, you could buy another account, but that costs money, its inconvenient and you gain next to nothing. Mojang announced that in the next update or 2 they will implement a new feature which lets you change your name and each player gets banned by a *individual codething* so when you change the username you will still be banned from that server. This will take a few months, otherwise There's nothing to do
Did you know, that in every 60 minutes in Africa, a minute passes?

aminecraftguy00
  • Minecraft: aminecraftguy00

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:26 AM

Changing your MC username? Is it possible?!

It is...

IMPOSSIBRU!!!!!
To all of you people who think Notch is still working on the game, he stopped working on Minecraft in late 2011. Get your facts straight and stop spamming his twitter about Minecraft updates.

HerobrineHunter32
  • Minecraft: zeldafreak32

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

Here's what Mojang says about it, this is from their website

"We do not currently support changing, editing, or correcting usernames, though this may be a feature in the future. Make sure that you choose wisely; it will be used for your multiplayer persona and is visible to others.

There has been discussion between the developers and Minecraft community recently, regarding how username changes would work. Part of why this has been a lengthy process is that a username change system required the new Mojang accounts system, a new web API, and the game will need to be updated to support server bans using unique identifiers so that players cannot change usernames to circumnavigate bans. If we support username changes in the future, this article will be updated with more information."
Look me in the eyes. I dare you.

LiLChris
    LiLChris

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1232 posts
  • Minecraft: LiLChris06

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

Necro?

Anyways this has been the talk on most servers lately.
A few tweets from Mojang have suggested that name changing will happen, just a matter of time.

Depending on this is implemented it can royally screw up servers due to database issues.