• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.5.1] Thermal Expansion - 2.3.0.b7! Updates and refactors ahoy!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1710 replies to this topic

denoflions
    denoflions

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1468 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

Found a rather nasty bug that you may or may not be aware of. If you use a meta liquid with your machines it works, but once you exit the world and come back all the liquid in the machines changes to meta value 0.

Edit: Maybe it isn't on world reload. hm. Trying to get it to consistently happen. I had a magma crucible and attached liquiducts change their contents to meta 0.
Posted Image
Twitter | IRC: #PluginsforForestry on esper.net.

Register or log in to remove.

KingLemmingCoFH
  • Minecraft: KingLemmingCoFH

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

Have never had that happen. The other TE liquids I've been using in my dev environment are all metadata based, and I've never had any issues with them.
Posted Image

AkulaMak
    AkulaMak

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 864 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

KingLemming,

Am I doing something wrong with the portable tank? Can you not pump liquids into it?

denoflions
    denoflions

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1468 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

View PostKingLemmingCoFH, on 13 December 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

Have never had that happen. The other TE liquids I've been using in my dev environment are all metadata based, and I've never had any issues with them.

I'm still trying to reproduce it. I'll chalk it up to a fluke for now until I get it to happen again.
Posted Image

KingLemmingCoFH

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

View PostAkulaMak, on 13 December 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:

KingLemming,

Am I doing something wrong with the portable tank? Can you not pump liquids into it?

Top/bottom only.
Posted Image

AkulaMak
    AkulaMak

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 864 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

View PostKingLemmingCoFH, on 13 December 2012 - 06:57 PM, said:

Top/bottom only.
Yep I'm doing something wrong. Thanks. Also love this mod, it's become my go to tech mod in place of IC2

kylania
    kylania

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

Anyone know of any good Let's Plays that use TE or setup tutorials for making the most out of the machines?  Trying to work out a Logistics Pipes/TE sorting system and having little luck.

WTFFFS
    WTFFFS

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

View Postkylania, on 13 December 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

Anyone know of any good Let's Plays that use TE or setup tutorials for making the most out of the machines?  Trying to work out a Logistics Pipes/TE sorting system and having little luck.

What I found was the standard (and extremely effective) TE routing between machines means that a logi pipes sorting system\feed system is not required, basic logi pipes work fine for input, just tell them to request whatever you want processed (hoppers are handy as an buffer) the quick sort module on your dump chest will send the items then let the machines built-in ability to route items control the intermediate processing steps and out put, just dump it out into the system and run it past another basic, it'll flag it for where it needs to go.

Vurp
    Vurp

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

View PostKingLemmingCoFH, on 19 June 2012 - 01:20 AM, said:

CHANGELOG
2.1.3:
-Changed: Aqueous Accumulator's non-submerged speed has been dramatically decreased.
Why? My once so pretty and compact steam boiler setup has turned into a perverted abomination. Can we have an option to turn it back to how it used to be?
Spoiler:

KingLemmingCoFH

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

View Postkylania, on 13 December 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

I'm not sure I understand the issue. Are you using the colorless output sides?

View PostVurp, on 13 December 2012 - 08:12 PM, said:

Why? My once so pretty and compact steam boiler setup has turned into a perverted abomination. Can we have an option to turn it back to how it used to be?
Spoiler:

Nope. It wasn't really intended to be nearly that effective without adjacent source blocks. But I don't understand why you have it set up that way. Just put a single AA under the firebox and a bucket of water on two sides of it. Even cleaner than your "Before" picture.
Posted Image

Vurp
    Vurp

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

View PostKingLemmingCoFH, on 13 December 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

Nope. It wasn't really intended to be nearly that effective without adjacent source blocks. But I don't understand why you have it set up that way. Just put a single AA under the firebox and a bucket of water on two sides of it. Even cleaner than your "Before" picture.
Ah, that could work too. I assumed "submerged" meant that it had to be surrounded by 4-5 water blocks, not 2. Thanks.

kylania
    kylania

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

View PostKingLemmingCoFH, on 13 December 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

I'm not sure I understand the issue. Are you using the colorless output sides?

Not so much a problem as trying to figure out the best way of doing it. :)  I was trying with the Item Sink modules like I did with IC2 machines, but the wonderful "extras" you can get sometimes was confusing me.  I think I was just to sleepy to figure it out.  heh  I'm also playing single player and trying so hard not to cheat, so I'm pretty low on materials right now.  Think I'll setup an engine farm first, then work on the layout of these machines but it's certainly seeming to be a fun replacement for the "traditional" IC2 stuff.

EternalDensity
  • Minecraft: eternaldensity

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

Thermal Expansion is really fun! I spent most of last evening setting up a row of magmatic engines, feeding into two redstone energy cells to power my various machines - most of which are TE machines :D

The only problem I've had so far (apart from the usual accidentally setting up some wrong inputs or outputs without noticing for a while) is that the level Portable Tanks isn't reducing when I take liquid out with a bucket. I don't know if this is something that has already been fixed in a newer version (I'm playing FTB Magic Pack which I think isn't up to the latest version) or if it's an issue that only I've encountered. It the meantime, it means that I can use a portable tank as an infinite water of lava source, so long as I only 'empty' it with a bucket.
Thread Ninja. Call me ED.

Tali'Zorah, on 01 April 2186 - 05:30 AM, said:

Sssssshepard, the Creepersssss are ~ASssssssssUMING DIRECT CONTROL

KingLemmingCoFH

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

View PostEternalDensity, on 13 December 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

Thermal Expansion is really fun! I spent most of last evening setting up a row of magmatic engines, feeding into two redstone energy cells to power my various machines - most of which are TE machines Posted Image

The only problem I've had so far (apart from the usual accidentally setting up some wrong inputs or outputs without noticing for a while) is that the level Portable Tanks isn't reducing when I take liquid out with a bucket. I don't know if this is something that has already been fixed in a newer version (I'm playing FTB Magic Pack which I think isn't up to the latest version) or if it's an issue that only I've encountered. It the meantime, it means that I can use a portable tank as an infinite water of lava source, so long as I only 'empty' it with a bucket.

This has been long fixed. Update away. ;)
Posted Image

FGHIK
    FGHIK

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • Minecraft: FGHIK

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

This looks good.
Posted Image

Too-DAMN-Much

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

so can you pipe milk around with the liquiducts? or still avoiding that?

Khalamov

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

View PostToo-DAMN-Much, on 13 December 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

so can you pipe milk around with the liquiducts? or still avoiding that?

I just tried that and yes, you can.  Looks like using milk in liquid transposers are still limited to buckets, but you can pipe milk around with liquiducts and store milk in portable tanks.

Too-DAMN-Much

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

ah dang liquid transposers can't use it? figures that's just what i had in mind :lol: oh well :)

or can they hold it internally but just won't go into cans and cells you mean? not quite clear.

Darkenhart

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

Kinglemming..

I don't know if this is an issue your end of Sirsengirs end.. but when i run TE, BC and Forestry i get weird Engine glitches.

E.g If i removed or switch off a redstone signal to a Combustion engine It won't restart.. Oh.. and my Magmatic engine gets some weird graphic glitches when it over heats.. and if i break the block.. there is an after image of it still there :P

Love your mod and im still using it anyway but thought i'd report these

denoflions
    denoflions

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1468 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

View PostDarkenhart, on 13 December 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

E.g If i removed or switch off a redstone signal to a Combustion engine It won't restart.. Oh.. and my Magmatic engine gets some weird graphic glitches when it over heats.. and if i break the block.. there is an after image of it still there Posted Image

You know I've seen some of these as well, but I assume the engine one is a BC issue. The combustion engine glitch seems to be fixed by changing the source of redstone. Example: Engine with a lever next to it. Turn lever off. Turn it back on. Now the engine won't work. Punch up the lever and replace it with a block. Stick the lever on the block and turn it on. Now it works again.
Posted Image