Video demo (with annotations):
While working with the mod I accidentally got this effect:
A great Mod Spotlight by GamersDissent
Inspired by the Mob Dismemberment mod
- Zombie Pigmen (with blood!)
- Zombies (with blood!)
- Tools will have a random chance of amputating limbs of mobs. Swords and axes being the highest, followed by pickaxes, arrows and fishing hooks, and finally spades.
- Can be configured to allow 100% success in amputation with any item (Like in the video)
- Works only on Skeletons, Zombies and Zombie Pigmen.
- Headless mobs will eventually die after a brief moment. (Can be toggled)
- Skeleton's attacking behaviour changes when its bow arm is cut off! (This is disabled in SMP)
- Gibs can be punched. Perfect for entertainment purposes.
- Works on SMP too!
There is also a config file in /config/ to disable or edit certain effects.
Copy the zip file into /minecraft/mods/
- Health showing mods show the health of each gib.
- Conflict with Improved First Person mod. Disable easterEgg in the config to fix.
If your item does not extend ItemSword/Pickaxe/Axe/Spade, feel free to add it to the custom list for the mod. Simply execute this function once. Note that it is a probability from 0 to 1, in doubles. You can also add vanilla items, but it will override the defaults.
Also add your own entities for gibbing chance.
mod_Gibbing.addCustomItem(int itemID, double chance) mod_Gibbing.addCustomEntity(int netID, double chance)
Like this mod? Check out the Mob Dismemberment mod!
Download at iChun's Official Blog
Or get 1.5.1v1 here.