• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

ajbarr
    ajbarr

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:04 AM

im thinking of getting a new laptop and im tied between 2 one with HD 3000 and the other with HD 4000 which one is better for running minecraft?

Register or log in to remove.

starlinvf
    starlinvf

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3169 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:47 AM

Neither.  Try to get something with a half decent NV card (ATI/AMD is too buggy with OpenGL).

But if you have to absolutely can only have between those 2....  assuming we're talking Intel HD, the 4000 is a major upgrade over the 3k, DX11 support, more shaders, and a handfull of other improvements.  The only caveat I've seen a few reviews mention is its going to have slightly higher heat density, so when researching prospective laptops, make a note of any heat related complaints.

Justin360
  • Minecraft: justin360modena

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:51 AM

If anything go for a laptop with a dedicated GPU. Before I got my graphics card for my PC my processor came with Intel 3000 graphics. It ran Minecraft at a mere 15 FPS. But I can't say for the 4000 graphics I just suggest getting a laptop with a dedicated GPU they are really common and not that much more expensive.
Posted Image

KkarlangazZ

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:55 PM

What about AMD Radeon HD7570M 1gb?
Is it good for minecraft?
[Blank] Original. Ik, ik.

CraftNinja2011

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:30 AM

View PostJustin360, on 18 June 2012 - 03:51 AM, said:

If anything go for a laptop with a dedicated GPU. Before I got my graphics card for my PC my processor came with Intel 3000 graphics. It ran Minecraft at a mere 15 FPS. But I can't say for the 4000 graphics I just suggest getting a laptop with a dedicated GPU they are really common and not that much more expensive.

With my Intel HD 3000, I get over 40-100FPS on MAX resolution - make sure you get your drivers from Intel, themselves, not Windows Update, otherwise, you will get performance decreases.

The Intel HD 4000 is from the 3rd Generation of Intels cores, Intel HD 3000 is from the 2nd Generation.

The 3rd generation (Ivy Bridge) has a 25%-50% increase in Graphical performance over the 2nd Generation.

SO, if I can run it well, then you definitely will. BUT, remember to keep your drivers updated! (AND DON'T USE WINDOWS UPDATE TO UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS!)