• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Friends can't reach server, i can just fine.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

ultralars

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

So i have made a server using the file on the website, i have forwarded the port 25565, and as it runs it doesn't mention anything of the port being closed.

I have made it so that my internal IP is the server IP, and i can join the server fine. but when my friends try to join( they are on different networks) they only get " can't reach server "

What am i doing wrong here and how do i fix it?

thanks

Register or log in to remove.

PoopyWeen

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:34 PM

I think your problem may be with your port. When you create a server, you can play it locally, not connected to the internet, but the proper port does need to be forwarded to allow others to join as well.

Try this website: www.yougetsignal.com

Click on port checker, it should be the first one, and test for sure to see if your port is in fact open.

I apologize if you have already tried this, and good luck!

ultralars

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

View PostPoopyWeen, on 17 June 2012 - 10:34 PM, said:

I think your problem may be with your port. When you create a server, you can play it locally, not connected to the internet, but the proper port does need to be forwarded to allow others to join as well.

Click on port checker, it should be the first one, and test for sure to see if your port is in fact open.

It says that it's closed..? but i did the same with minecraft as i did with bitcomet and thats open..??
i checked and it says bitcomet is close too, but thats not what the program says?

i dont understand?

PoopyWeen

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:04 PM

If you are referring to the green bars within Minecraft, that does not signify an open port, that just means that the game is communicating locally with your server.exe.

Try reopening a port?

Nuttydragongirl
  • Minecraft: Nuttydragongirl

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

View PostPoopyWeen, on 17 June 2012 - 10:34 PM, said:

I was looking at this to see if this could help, but I can't forward ports. What should I do?

Posted Image

Mess with me, and I will set upon you a pack of wolves to eat you in your house.

Lifeisxpainx00

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:55 AM

i had the same problem and used this

hope it helps

SkyDove
    SkyDove

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:40 AM

i have the same problem

louij2