• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Edge Of Space - A sandbox exploration game, IN SPACE!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Stickybomb

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

Posted Image

Edge of space is an awesome new game taking the internet by storm, expanding on the ever popular sandbox genre, edge of space combines space exploration with fun mechanics, awesome graphics and amazing exploration!

If you want to try Edge of Space, you'll either have to wait until august, for the full release, or follow the development of the game, and chat with the awesome community at www.playedgeofspace.com Posted Image

This game looks very promising and fun, and the kickstarter was more than successful, I just want to see the community really grow and see this game take off like it should Posted Image

Edge of space website
Edge Of Space IRC
Posted Image
A Squirrel Octopus thing, concept art from edge of space!

Working on an RP mod that adds a ton of farming and more!

Register or log in to remove.

ctx
    ctx

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

I would love to see this game grow into a massive online sandbox for people to play.

Space + sandbox = win
Infinity Universe

Hi, my name is Citrix.

Lady Aijou
  • Minecraft: LadyAijou

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:07 AM

I am the community manager for Edge of Space, and I had to drop by this thread and say we're glad the MC community is taking note of us! That's awesome! We just launched our own awesome new forums a couple days ago, and things are going great in the beta. Hope to see all the Minecrafters around, we love you guys ^_^

Clark
    Clark

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2493 posts
  • Minecraft: 123guy45

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:34 AM

Looking good. Would like to see more of this!
No matter what you do or were you come from, you will all ways be judged by the general opinions Gaming section.

Lady Aijou

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:40 AM

We're super excited about being so close to launch now, end of August- mid September range. We're leaning toward launching pre-orders soon, and if we go that way, folks will be able to get into beta and watch this beast transform! By all means, we'd love to see you guys come around and get to know the game and ask your questions ^_^

Lady Aijou

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

View PostLady Aijou, on 22 July 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

We're super excited about being so close to launch now, end of August- mid September range. We're leaning toward launching pre-orders soon, and if we go that way, folks will be able to get into beta and watch this beast transform! By all means, we'd love to see you guys come around and get to know the game and ask your questions Posted Image

I forgot to add that if anyone wants to ask our designer/lead dev questions, we Livestream on TwitchTV every Sunday night at 9:30PM EST. We always take questions, as well as show off what's new with the game <3  http://www.twitch.tv/edgeofspace

okaythenmate

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

This game looks fantastic! I really can not wait for this to come out! Looks WONDERFUL!

Lady Aijou

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

I have to show this off, I absolutely love it. One of our community members built a laser shark in the beta. XD

Posted Image

generalpie1

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

I was on the homepage and saw a Space-Shark w/lasers

Im sold.
Posted Image
Colgate is mai waifu!~

Lady Aijou

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

View Postgeneralpie1, on 22 July 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

I was on the homepage and saw a Space-Shark w/lasers

Im sold.

We do indeed have rocket-powered laser sharks, and they will not be easy to defeat XD

Clark
    Clark

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2493 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

I have a feeling that the sharks with freeking lazers on there freeking head is a Austin Powers reference....I could be wrong...

No matter what you do or were you come from, you will all ways be judged by the general opinions Gaming section.

Lady Aijou

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:03 AM

View Post123guy45, on 22 July 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

I have a feeling that the sharks with freeking lazers on there freeking head is a Austin Powers reference....I could be wrong...

Well, I can say there will be plenty of easter eggs in the game. I can't say if that's one of them or not, but I think either way, the devs are a couple of crazies. They're going with VERY original creatures XD

Clark
    Clark

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2493 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:46 PM

So...What happened to the flying kittens that shoot fire balls?

Lady Aijou

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

View Post123guy45, on 23 July 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

So...What happened to the flying kittens that shoot fire balls?

You haven't given us a chance! And if they're not in, you can mod them in. Modding support ftw! ^_^

okaythenmate

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

Oh man the "Pre-Orders" were announced :D

Can not wait!

Clark
    Clark

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2493 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:49 PM

View PostLady Aijou, on 23 July 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

You haven't given us a chance! And if they're not in, you can mod them in. Modding support ftw! Posted Image

I demand all dev of any sort to stop until I get my flying kittens that shoot fire balls!

Lady Aijou

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

View Post123guy45, on 23 July 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

I demand all dev of any sort to stop until I get my flying kittens that shoot fire balls!

LOL!!! Well now that we just announced pre-orders, we sort of have to make the game, ya know? XDD

Clark
    Clark

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2493 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:04 PM

View PostLady Aijou, on 23 July 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

LOL!!! Well now that we just announced pre-orders, we sort of have to make the game, ya know? XDD

Alas...It will never be a game in my heart with out said Kittens...

Lady Aijou

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

View Post123guy45, on 23 July 2012 - 02:04 PM, said:

Alas...It will never be a game in my heart with out said Kittens...

Oh stop! Told you, MOD THEM IN!

Inkfish
    Inkfish

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:36 AM

Wow, this game looks Gorgeous, Amazing, fun, fantastic, enjoyable, thrilling, and worth every penny.
The people who make it must be GENIUSES!

I am so getting this totally. Totally!