Two Brand New Race For The Wool Maps
Race for Wool is a type of competitive Minecraft game, where two teams race to acquire colored wools from two identical worlds and place them on a victory monument, while trying to slow each other down with arrow and cannon fire.
These maps arent your standard RFTW maps however, I tried to be original in adding centre lane points with valuable items that can dictate the way the game progresses meaning early pushes are often better then grinding for items. However the middle lane bonuses are not instant win modes as a death at any point along the way can quickly balance the scales back against your favour.
I tried very hard to make the maps pvp orientated as I felt too much of the RFTW series is grinding against mobs. Don't get me wrong you will still be dueling it out with the creatures of the night, its just a lot more likely you'll be sniped in the back while that creeper your fighting blows up on you.
These maps were made before 1.1 so keep that in mind when playing them. I know they could probably be better with the new height limit and other cool stuff. But if these maps become popular enough I may make another with the help of friends which will be infinitely more artistic and interesting, especially due to almost all creative walls being removed with the new height limit in place.
The rules I have in game are probably obsolete so feel free to just play with official tourney rules or whatever, but regarding the rules about entering the specific middle lane islands they must be followed.
EDIT: Having seen Sethblings RFTW tourney map I realize this looks pitiful in comparison but remember, I designed these around gameplay not looks, plus I didn't have the new height limit to work with. Keep in mind they still play excellently even when so out of date.
KNIFES EDGE: http://www.mediafire...kdy7574abbrk9y
A frantic battle through abandoned houses, fortresses and forests.
- Fast Paced PvP and PvE
- Heavy mob involvement! Balance fighting your opponents with the hordes of mobs.
- Your first day is your last chance: Heavy tree cover means those zombies are going to hang around
- Devious traps
- Melee combat! A first for RFTW maps, small crossover points filled with loot exist in the centre of the map, where teams get up close and personal to conquer and steal
- Your choices matter: Your constructions could save your life or doom your opponents! Build wisely.
- Playtime : 30 minutes- 2 hours.
Struggle through dense undergrowth in the shadow of trees and a towering mountain.
- Strong PvP element: Loads of chances to battle, and a ton of weapons to use
- Awesome aesthetics: Trees tower above you as your struggle across bridges, through marshes and tall, thick grass.
- Easier then Daggers Point (recommended for newer players)
- Melee combat: Much like Daggers Point, special centre islands filled with treasure add for interesting PvP and strategy.
- Very PvP based Mobs wont be effecting your opponents except at night.
- Playtime: 15 minutes – 1 hour.
Screenshots of ARROWS TIP:
If you have any suggestions of how to make these maps better feel free to give me "constructive" criticism.
If you need to contact me for whatever reason just pm me but don't be discouraged if I don't reply immediately, I barely go on here anymore in fact this is the first time in three months so yeah if I do read it I'll reply if not its because I haven't checked my messages.