Latest News Article

Can't resolve hostname error

server cant resolve hostname error ip

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Sartharion1223
  • Minecraft: Sartharion1223

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:31 AM

I recently made my own Bukkit server  on my Mac which has few issues, except only people in my local internet connection can connect, not using my external ip. Whenever someone (including me) attempts to connect to the server, it show "Can't resolve Hostname". I am fairly certain I have the server port-forwarded correctly and I have the ip correct. Any help is appreciated. :)
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

jefe
    jefe

Creamymin

• Forum Admin
  • 16138 posts
  • Minecraft: jefe323

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:58 AM

It could be a couple things.  First, make sure you are inputting the IP address manually and not copy-pasting (to prevent special characters from sneaking in).  Also, some routers will prevent you from connecting to the server using your external IP address so you'll just have to connect with the local IP (and everyone else trying to connect from inside your network)

Sartharion1223
  • Minecraft: Sartharion1223

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

View Postjefe323, on 17 June 2012 - 05:58 AM, said:

It could be a couple things.  First, make sure you are inputting the IP address manually and not copy-pasting (to prevent special characters from sneaking in).  Also, some routers will prevent you from connecting to the server using your external IP address so you'll just have to connect with the local IP (and everyone else trying to connect from inside your network)
I am inputting the ip manually. My router is linksys, is the prevention for connection something I could bypass or change?
Posted Image

botsnaratta

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:32 AM

Hi just made an account to reply , i had this problem after using copy and paste doh ! as mentioned above .

You will find a space in front of your ip address, click edit on the server and delete the space at the start ,

Hope this works for you .

joepvossen_4_mc

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

I have the same problem an nothing of this things wil help

krswoodward

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

th manual input worked for me also the last number on my port changed after my router reset so check that its correct by cmd prompting it hold the windows key  and hit "r" then type in ip config youll want the IPv4 address the last number is what your looking for then make sure you have the right ip by going to http://www.ipchicken.com know the thread is old but maybe other have a problem if you wan to check your port is open go to http://www.yougetsignal.com note that you must be runnig your server.exe file and when you run it always run server.exe as admin
www.youtube.com/user/krswoodward

www.twitter.com/legacymob

lipogames

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:33 PM

entiendo pero no se como resolverlos