Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Rapid Fire Dispenser with Rapid Pulsar!!!


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1

ausmanpa
    ausmanpa

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:16 AM

I have been looking through the forum and watching some videos and I have seen people commenting that they can't create a rapid fire dispenser with a rapid pulsar. So I set out to prove them wrong and I was successful.

Here is what i came up with...
Posted Image
and for a more compact version
Posted Image
The inverter allows the dispenser to be continually powered which enables the rapid pulsar to make it fire rapidly.
So when you flip the switch to turn it off like in the images you can see that the switch sends power to the rapid pulsar preventing from making that annoying sound while it is off and more practically, removing the dispensers firing ability. It also removes power from the dispenser.

This is my first tutorial of sorts, please feel free to criticize  :iapprove:
Sine! Cosine! Tangent!

Register or log in to remove.

#2

A Neo Irony

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:46 AM

Video?
-Bandage

#3

ausmanpa
    ausmanpa

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:01 AM

Sorry, no I did this an hour ago (its 3am where i live) though I might try to get one up tomorrow if i can find the software. Any recommendations?
Sine! Cosine! Tangent!

#4

Inbijiburu

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:03 AM

Interesting. I'll try it out later.
I've already made a 3-shot burst fire one. Clears a stack of 64 in apx. 21 seconds. And its even pretty reliable. Only a couple times its only shot 2 but, I think that was just my computer having a hiccup.
Fishing Rod > Diamond Sword

#5

A Neo Irony

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:05 AM

ausmanpa said:

Sorry, no I did this an hour ago (its 3am where i live) though I might try to get one up tomorrow if i can find the software. Any recommendations?

Video software? Fraps. Or Camstudio if you don't want to pay.
-Bandage

#6

Inbijiburu

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:14 AM

I just ran your system. For me, it cleared a stack of 64 in about 13 seconds.
Fishing Rod > Diamond Sword

#7

auzura
    auzura

    Diamond Miner

  • Retired Staff
  • 776 posts
  • Location: Here

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:17 AM

Tested, works.

Edit: Gah, ninja'd. I got about 13-14 seconds as well.

#8

Axoren
    Axoren

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 581 posts
  • Minecraft: Axoren

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:24 AM

Works, but it's useless. When the first arrow hits, there will be a frame of invincibility, making the other arrows bounce off.

What you want to do is set up a system that sets them off every X seconds so that the next arrow hits just after the frame of invincibility ends.

However inefficient this may be, it looks fucking sweet if you put lava in front of the dispenser.
echo -e "\007"

#9

Inbijiburu

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:31 AM

Axoren said:

Works, but it's useless. When the first arrow hits, there will be a frame of invincibility, making the other arrows bounce off.

What you want to do is set up a system that sets them off every X seconds so that the next arrow hits just after the frame of invincibility ends.

However inefficient this may be, it looks fucking sweet if you put lava in front of the dispenser.

Indeed. Your best bet would probably be a 5-clock
Long enough to wait beyond that point and its stable.
Unfortunately...that means my 3 burst and even my 2 burst are completely useless T~T
Fishing Rod > Diamond Sword

#10

auzura
    auzura

    Diamond Miner

  • Retired Staff
  • 776 posts
  • Location: Here

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:34 AM

For no reason other than I am practicing with redstone circuitry, I made it button activate by slapping on a couple of inverters. Now it just spits out 6 at a time.

#11

Axoren
    Axoren

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 581 posts
  • Minecraft: Axoren

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:41 AM

TheAnswer42 said:

For no reason other than I am practicing with redstone circuitry, I made it button activate by slapping on a couple of inverters. Now it just spits out 6 at a time.

If you want to practice Redstone, try and make a realistic sounding doorbell with 2 note blocks, 2 redstone torches, and as much redstone as you want.
echo -e "\007"

#12

auzura
    auzura

    Diamond Miner

  • Retired Staff
  • 776 posts
  • Location: Here

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:44 AM

Axoren said:


If you want to practice Redstone, try and make a realistic sounding doorbell with 2 note blocks, 2 redstone torches, and as much redstone as you want.

I could do that, but it depends on your definition of realistic sounding. When I think doorbell, there is a slight delay between the two tones.

#13

Axoren
    Axoren

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 581 posts
  • Minecraft: Axoren

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:58 AM

TheAnswer42 said:

Axoren said:


If you want to practice Redstone, try and make a realistic sounding doorbell with 2 note blocks, 2 redstone torches, and as much redstone as you want.

I could do that, but it depends on your definition of realistic sounding. When I think doorbell, there is a slight delay between the two tones.



Minus the echo and the slightly faster.
echo -e "\007"

#14

auzura
    auzura

    Diamond Miner

  • Retired Staff
  • 776 posts
  • Location: Here

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:02 AM

Axoren said:




Minus the echo and the slightly faster.

Challenge accepted.... tomorrow. If I try it now I won't get any sleep. God dammit Minecraft  :cobblestone:

#15

brin_vg
    brin_vg

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:49 AM

Haven't had any luck replacing the switch with an RS NOR latch since the clock just sets the latch itself, anyone else tried and found a workaround?

#16

TheNosferatu
  • Minecraft: TheNosferatu

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:05 AM

Thanks for the tut, i was having trouble with mine.. it worked but not that great..

Now i know what to fix... but seeing the other comments about 5-clock being better BECAUSE it is slower..
i just removed that! gah... well of to put it back in.
God created the Earth. Except Holland, we took that from the sea ourselves.

#17

tyler31763

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:10 AM

If anyone was wanting a video I used the compact setup but had 4 dispensers (though the top right one didn't fire)


#18

EllenA1997

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

Thanks! This is really helpful. It's just what I've been looking for.

#19

ngsizzle
    ngsizzle

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:24 PM

There are better ways to make this. I find that the torches burn out on this design

#20

Redyoshi101
  • Location: Location: Location: Location: Location
  • Minecraft: Redyoshi510
  • Xbox:xodX

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

View PostEllenA1997, on 06 June 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

Thanks! This is really helpful. It's just what I've been looking for.

Mm hm. Epic one and a half year necro.

Although this still applies, up until 12w18a, as server bugs burn out the torches.