• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Vanlavak
    Vanlavak

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:22 AM

Has anybody actually made a minecraft village that has spawned additional villagers?
How long does it take for the villagers to populate?

Register or log in to remove.

robinod
    robinod

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Minecraft: robinod

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:59 AM

The only way I can populate a village I built is using spawn eggs. I don't even know if you can do that...

Twig2468
    Twig2468

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Minecraft: twig2468

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:57 AM

View Postrobinod, on 15 June 2012 - 06:59 AM, said:

The only way I can populate a village I built is using spawn eggs. I don't even know if you can do that...

it is possible to create a village. a villager natrally spawns if you make enough houses. for 21 houses you get 8 villagers. if you need more information check out minecraft wiki.

im not sure how long it takes. but if you build enough houses, there will be villagers soon enough.

Tempus64
    Tempus64

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:52 AM

View PostVanlavak, on 15 June 2012 - 04:22 AM, said:

Has anybody actually made a minecraft village that has spawned additional villagers?
How long does it take for the villagers to populate?
I have... I built a village from scratch in a plain and then transfered 2 villagers from the closest natural occurring village about 1500 blocks away via minecarts... Damn things wouldn't mate no matter what I tried.. Silly me, I finally realized that I was playing snapshot 12w07 and mating wasn't in that one... Once 1.2.5 was released and I upgraded, they immediately started to mate... Plenty of villagers in there now.

bumblebeeminer111
  • Minecraft: pokey555

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

good idea.  B-)
Posted Image

PyroOfZen
  • Minecraft: PyroOfZen

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

View PostTwig2468, on 15 June 2012 - 08:57 AM, said:

it is possible to create a village. a villager natrally spawns if you make enough houses. for 21 houses you get 8 villagers. if you need more information check out minecraft wiki.

im not sure how long it takes. but if you build enough houses, there will be villagers soon enough.

You're wrong. Villagers only naturally spawn in generated villages. They don't spawn if there are enough houses in one area. They only breed if there are enough houses in one area.

Follow me @PyroOfZen or on Facebook!

Twig2468
    Twig2468

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Minecraft: twig2468

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:18 AM

View PostPyroOfZen, on 15 June 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

You're wrong. Villagers only naturally spawn in generated villages. They don't spawn if there are enough houses in one area. They only breed if there are enough houses in one area.

oops. sorry. i forgot all about the mating stuff. was I thinking about how monsters spawn insted of villagers?

MCPhillip

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:25 AM

I extended my village, it was glitched when I founded it.. Fail generation so I used creative to fix it up and then I made about 8 villagers and made them breed.

Jeedia
    Jeedia

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Minecraft: Jeedai

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:29 AM

get sixteen villagers and then an iron golem spawns (no originally generated village needed)

Posted Image