• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

FPSBox.com | [NYC / LA] | SSD | FTP & SQL | Custom Jars | 100% Uptime! | $12 / 2GB | Included cPanel Hosting!

• Please log in to reply
436 replies to this topic

OSTKCabal
    OSTKCabal

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1163 posts
  • Minecraft: OSTKCabal

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

View Postdecebaldecebal, on 12 January 2013 - 10:26 PM, said:

Could you tell me what are the specs of your UK server?

Thanks.

Our hardware consists of Xeon E3-1270v2's and Xeon E5-1620's, 32GB and 64GB of RAM, and 120GB SSDs.

Head of Operations - HostVenom, LLC. dba Ready2Frag

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

CrazyBadServer

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

My server has been down for over 9 days now. I sent support tickets, and I ONLY received a response yesterday, saying "I will ask the owner".

ALL my players will probably NEVER come back.

Worst host ever.

ACRicochet

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

View PostCrazyBadServer, on 23 January 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

My server has been down for over 9 days now. I sent support tickets, and I ONLY received a response yesterday, saying "I will ask the owner".

ALL my players will probably NEVER come back.

Worst host ever.

I'm in the same boat. Server has been down for WEEKS. I only got about a week of playtime on this damn server.

I highly advise no one to use this service, it's a waste of time, money, and a huge headache in the long run.

CrazyBadServer

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

I have yet still to receive help from the support tickets. The server is still down and inaccessible for over 14 days. I am done with you guys.

OSTKCabal
    OSTKCabal

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1163 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

I simply don't have the access to fix a lot of this. The level of issues that you are having are directly on the nodes, accessible only by the Owner at this time.

Posted Image

ImSteves
    ImSteves

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

I m unable to even buy a server currently because the site is trying to charge ne twice and have to wait for the Owner apparently to fix this problem as well... What happened to this company? All good revied until very recently...

CrazyBadServer

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Still no support. I'm done with you. Its been 20 days, dont bother anymore. Worst service ever. SERVER IS STILL DOWN!!!!!

OSTKCabal
    OSTKCabal

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1163 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

The owner is dealing with some issues in his life and is unable to get online at this time. :/ I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

I am doing all that I can to get the issues fixed :(

Posted Image

ImSteves
    ImSteves

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

View PostOSTKCabal, on 27 January 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

The owner is dealing with some issues in his life and is unable to get online at this time. :/ I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

I am doing all that I can to get the issues fixed Posted Image
Shouldn't more than just one person be able to fix a multitude of problems? I mean I'm just having minor problems such as being billed two invoices on your website, I would have assumed that your support team wouldn't consist of only one person who could handle that. Also no one on your site can even setup or keep up a server except for that one guy, what does the support team do exactly then? Just contact the owner "ASAP"?

And could you give us an estimate date as to when that one person will be getting online and advertising on your website that support is down and that buying a server now is a waste of your money since you guys will not even put it up...?

OSTKCabal
    OSTKCabal

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1163 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

View PostImSteves, on 27 January 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

Shouldn't more than just one person be able to fix a multitude of problems? I mean I'm just having minor problems such as being billed two invoices on your website, I would have assumed that your support team wouldn't consist of only one person who could handle that. Also no one on your site can even setup or keep up a server except for that one guy, what does the support team do exactly then? Just contact the owner "ASAP"?

And could you give us an estimate date as to when that one person will be getting online and advertising on your website that support is down and that buying a server now is a waste of your money since you guys will not even put it up...?

I am not authorized to deal with Billing-related tickets. That's all I can say about the issue.

Posted Image

ACRicochet

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

View PostCrazyBadServer, on 27 January 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

Still no support. I'm done with you. Its been 20 days, dont bother anymore. Worst service ever. SERVER IS STILL DOWN!!!!!

I filled a paypal dispute with this company, and I would advise you to do the same. We did NOT get the service we paid for, so you might be able to get your money back. If you want feel free to PM me and I can discuss it more with you :)

ImSteves
    ImSteves

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

It's a shame the way they are running their business now. Before they were a great company with spectacular customer support and now they can't even solve the most simplistic of problems. I mean they are a Minecraft Server Hosting company and they don't even have a VPS online... What happened lol?

NeilnetMinecraft

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:18 AM

View PostImSteves, on 27 January 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

It's a shame the way they are running their business now. Before they were a great company with spectacular customer support and now they can't even solve the most simplistic of problems. I mean they are a Minecraft Server Hosting company and they don't even have a VPS online... What happened lol?

Nah, not really, that's not really happening to me, and probably most other people, I've recently bought a 2gb ram server, running over 18 plugins, and players come and leave, and are not experiencing any lag. The support take about 5 hours to answer after I submit a support ticket. And my players are happy. This is pretty good.

5 diamonds to this server! Posted Image

Btw, my server is hosted with these guys, if you would like to see how fast it is, use this ip:
neilnet.no-ip.org
IP:neilnetpvp.mcsrvr.com or neilnet.no-ip.org

OSTKCabal
    OSTKCabal

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1163 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

View PostImSteves, on 27 January 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

We don't offer VPSs to start off with.

I work hard to solve all issues but I can't do everything, either due to insufficient access or not being authorized to answer certain tickets.

Posted Image

colamonster091
  • Minecraft: ColaMonster091

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

How's it going OSTK.  I checked out your videos on youtube and dropped a few likes!  Keep up the videos.  Your always welcome on our server too.

Anyways, after going through server host (serverminer and redstonehost) this host is fantastic.  Haven't had a single issue with them that hasn't been resolved quickly.  Firstly, serverminer had decent service but didn't give you the access you needed (FTP and ROOT access) so we had to switch to redstonehost.  And let me tell you that redstonehost is the worst host you could ever go with.  Redstonehost oversold their servers so bad that they would crash every single day and cause a rollback of everything.  I ended up losing a lot of new users because of them.

FPSBox is a great host, very cheap for what they offer, and provide great customer support.  I'm glad to see OSTKCabal working for them now as he's a great guy.  I plan on sticking with FPSBox as long as I host a minecraft server.  FPSBox, thank you so much for what you offer.  My server couldn't be going this smooth without your help!

Posted Image

NeilnetMinecraft

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:55 AM

View Postcolamonster091, on 04 February 2013 - 12:30 AM, said:

How's it going OSTK.  I checked out your videos on youtube and dropped a few likes!  Keep up the videos.  Your always welcome on our server too.

Anyways, after going through server host (serverminer and redstonehost) this host is fantastic.  Haven't had a single issue with them that hasn't been resolved quickly.  Firstly, serverminer had decent service but didn't give you the access you needed (FTP and ROOT access) so we had to switch to redstonehost.  And let me tell you that redstonehost is the worst host you could ever go with.  Redstonehost oversold their servers so bad that they would crash every single day and cause a rollback of everything.  I ended up losing a lot of new users because of them.

FPSBox is a great host, very cheap for what they offer, and provide great customer support.  I'm glad to see OSTKCabal working for them now as he's a great guy.  I plan on sticking with FPSBox as long as I host a minecraft server.  FPSBox, thank you so much for what you offer.  My server couldn't be going this smooth without your help!

You server is really smooth! No lag at all, I just want to ask, how much ram is on it? I mean it's way to fast, and it has 100 slots.
How come there at not many players on it though? I joined it in the mourning, and there seems to be not many players on it.

colamonster091
  • Minecraft: ColaMonster091

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

View PostNeilnetMinecraft, on 04 February 2013 - 05:55 AM, said:

You server is really smooth! No lag at all, I just want to ask, how much ram is on it? I mean it's way to fast, and it has 100 slots.
How come there at not many players on it though? I joined it in the mourning, and there seems to be not many players on it.

It depends which time of the day and week it is.  Friday through Sunday are very active days for us.

Posted Image

OSTKCabal
    OSTKCabal

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1163 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

NEW SUPPORT VENUE:

I am now offering Support at our new IRC channel!

irc.esper.net #fpsbox

Posted Image

NeilnetMinecraft

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

This is really bad. My server has been down for 6 days. I've sent multiple tickets, and yet, FpsBox reply saying that they can't do anything about the multicraft error 111.

Come on, my money is being wasted. On the forum thread name it states that FpsBox has an 100% up time. Well that's not the case, my server up time has dropped to 60% and it is dropping really fast.

There should be at least someone who can access the nodes. I'm just sick and tired of waiting. All my dedicated players that have been playing have already left. I'm really getting   ed off.

I totally agree with forum member ImSteves, there should be more people that can fix a multitude of problems.

MikeA
    MikeA

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3184 posts
  • Minecraft: Mikeambrose3

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:44 AM

View PostNeilnetMinecraft, on 07 February 2013 - 05:11 AM, said:

This is really bad. My server has been down for 6 days. I've sent multiple tickets, and yet, FpsBox reply saying that they can't do anything about the multicraft error 111.

Come on, my money is being wasted. On the forum thread name it states that FpsBox has an 100% up time. Well that's not the case, my server up time has dropped to 60% and it is dropping really fast.

There should be at least someone who can access the nodes. I'm just sick and tired of waiting. All my dedicated players that have been playing have already left. I'm really getting   ed off.

I totally agree with forum member ImSteves, there should be more people that can fix a multitude of problems.
It seems to me that the owner of the company has 'disappeared'.

Posted Image