• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

GaiaCow
    GaiaCow

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:06 PM

So I have been trying to find out how many "minigames" I can put on my private server.  "Minigames" are things that you can do in minecraft that is separate from the "gather, build, survive" core of the Minecraft experience.  Some minigames that I've already put into the map are:

-Spleef:  1 layer floor above lava, where contestants try to break blocks, eventually breaking the blocks under the other's feet, causing them to fall into lava.

-Parkour course: A series of obstacles that relies on jumping, climbing, and sprinting to clear.

-Zombie Arena:  A game that is probably unoriginal but fun nonetheless.  Basically, you're trapped in a closed environment, and zombies will continuously spawn (I use dispensers with zombie spawn eggs but it's possible to have normal spawners instead).  You're given food, a diamond sword, diamond armor, and a bow/arrows.  The zombies will spawn at an alarming rate; so fast that you'll eventually be overrun by them.  The point is to kill as many as possible before inevitably dieing.

Anyways, I'm looking for other ideas for minigames that I can put in the map.  Are there any good ones you all know about?

Thanks!
<Insert Einstein quote here>   <Insert mod/texturepack/skinshop/server/clan banner here>        <Insert favorite posts here>.....As you can see, I procrastinate a little too much :D

Register or log in to remove.

Vekh
    Vekh

Stalker Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • Curse Premium
  • 4558 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:16 PM

Make a redstone boss fight. Those are a ton of fun. Posted Image
Stop inspecting my post so closely.

GaiaCow
    GaiaCow

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

View PostVekh, on 14 June 2012 - 11:16 PM, said:

Make a redstone boss fight. Those are a ton of fun. Posted Image
I'm not quite sure what you mean.  Like the "boss" at the end of the adventure map "Gloria"?  Or something completely different?

In any case, it sounds...exciting.  I'll look into it.
<Insert Einstein quote here>   <Insert mod/texturepack/skinshop/server/clan banner here>        <Insert favorite posts here>.....As you can see, I procrastinate a little too much :D

Pestycide

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

You could play bomberman! Basicly, you have players in an arena filled with an block with low blast resistence (e.g:dirt), and redstone torches under the floor. Each player gets TNT, and when they put down TNT, it should automatically ignite. The goal is to kill all the players, and win.
This beats your expensive toaster any day at being expensive: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rZ4p
Posted Image

GaiaCow
    GaiaCow

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:23 PM

View PostPestycide, on 14 June 2012 - 11:22 PM, said:

You could play bomberman! Basicly, you have players in an arena filled with an block with low blast resistence (e.g:dirt), and redstone torches under the floor. Each player gets TNT, and when they put down TNT, it should automatically ignite. The goal is to kill all the players, and win.

Sounds cool, but how do I get the TNT to automatically ignite?

edit:  also, it sounds like it would work better in a bedrock maze, because then you don't have to remake the entire arena every time you want to play.

Redyoshi101
  • Minecraft: Redyoshi510
  • Xbox:xodX

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:28 PM

Go to YouTube users FVDisco and sethbling, theyve got some neat stuff.

My ideas:

1. King of the hill: make sand structures supported by signs at the bottom, and torches below the signs. Now, 2 players must try to knock each other off the edge on the top of the structures, while below someone destroys the signs, making the platform smaller.

2. Changing mazes: have a maze that constantly blocks and unblocks passages using pistons.

View PostGaiaCow, on 14 June 2012 - 11:23 PM, said:

edit:  also, it sounds like it would work better in a bedrock maze, because then you don't have to remake the entire arena every time you want to play.

The redstone torches under the arena will ignite it.

GaiaCow
    GaiaCow

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:32 PM

View PostRedyoshi101, on 14 June 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

Go to YouTube users FVDisco and sethbling, theyve got some neat stuff.

My ideas:

1. King of the hill: make sand structures supported by signs at the bottom, and torches below the signs. Now, 2 players must try to knock each other off the edge on the top of the structures, while below someone destroys the signs, making the platform smaller.

2. Changing mazes: have a maze that constantly blocks and unblocks passages using pistons.

Wow, those youtube channels are gonna give me a few weeks worth of ideas in the first page alone!  I'll try some of these after I build that bomberman arena.

Pestycide

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:03 AM

View PostGaiaCow, on 14 June 2012 - 11:23 PM, said:

I forgot to add that in, make it out of bedrock, but put dirt inside it so the players have to destory blocks before reaching the other players. I usually play with chests hidden in between dirt as power-ups (e.g: potions, light armor)
This beats your expensive toaster any day at being expensive: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rZ4p
Posted Image

thereichs
    thereichs

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2484 posts
  • Minecraft: thereichs
  • Xbox:JackAttack2K

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:13 AM

King of the Ladder! Fight to see who can get to the top of a ladder to height limit!

Or a paintball arena where you use snowballs.

ninjump9
    ninjump9

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:08 PM

a game called crafting masters. there is a 2 chests filled with different kinds of building materials and a theme. at the end a judge decides who's is more topic related , creative or just awesome

goldendragon1597
  • Minecraft: goldendragon1597

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:41 AM

Rock, Paper, Scissors is always fun. Each player pushes one button out of three (each button is labeled rock, paper, or scissors, respectively). On a raised platform (visible to spectators) you use dispensers to shoot out each persons choice, cobble for rock, paper for... paper, and shears for scissors. Then, with a series of AND gates, you make the person who lost get shot by a arrow from dispensers (after making there choice, they would have to stand on a special platform). First one to die looses.
Posted Image

raduthe
    raduthe

Carpenter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Minecraft: raduthe

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

Hey, I just found out that Zombies follow you.

AnywaY, i was thinking at a game called "Guide the Zombie" where players are on a platform, or somwhere near the Zombie, and using Minecraft different blocks such as TNT to distroy walls or pistons, they Guide them to the final.

Otherwise, something like "Catch the Apple" where players are on a deep water pool, and at the bottom of it are dropped Diamonds. Wins the one who have more diamonds!

Prorector

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

Spleef

LegendaryCobra

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

Mobarena is a good one :) I love doing it on servers
Posted Image

unclejunky
  • Minecraft: 7th_line
  • PSN:unclejunky

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:30 AM

make a maze with minecart rails going thru it, something like this

Posted Image=wall
Posted Image =rail(cant find the rail emoticon)
Posted Image =air

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

with twists and turns too,
and give everyone bows and arrows, when they see each-other they shoot!
if you lose your minecart you get knocked out, last man standing wins!
dont have a name for it tho...
Posted Image

Raptor681

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

a tnt race. you basically go to the finishline before you die from tnts. or a redstone race

DSoloha
    DSoloha

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • Minecraft: dsoloha12

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:33 AM

You could do a PvP maze with pistons and pressure plates. Set up a maze, and wire it so at itersections, if you step on the plate, it will switch your track. Just add several unfriendlies for even MORE fun!
[Overused Signature Goes Here]

Helenaliyn

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

Snowball bowling!

1. Make a room. It can be as wide as you want but you probably don't want to make it longer than like 6 blocks I think.
2. Punch some 1 blocks holes in the wall flush with the floor
3. replace the floor blocks with ice
4. Put some sand/cactus in the floor as an obstacle
5. In the holes in the wall, place wooden pressure plates with a redstone wire running behind them.
6. Have the wires connect to some AND gates I think they're called (where it requires 2 inputs to make an output)
7. Make all the AND gates eventually go into one wire so that if all the pressure plates are triggered you can have something happen, like a prize shooting out of a dispenser or something.

It's pretty simple but I think it's kind of fun. It would be a good carnival game. Pics in the spoiler. The redstone torches in the game room are purely decorative. I'm sure the design can be improved/optimized but I like the idea of it.

Spoiler:

ScoutX
    ScoutX

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

I made an amusement park. Along with the rides, I have a boat race and a dunk tank using fishing poles, a pressure plate, and pistons.

I plan on adding a pig race or pig jousting soon.

I've seen someone make a really cool connect four game one here. That would be worth looking up.

Worldsshrugged
  • Minecraft: Edwardos
  • Xbox:Pyrarson

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

Fireball Tennis. You can make spawners that create a stationery Ghast fireball, and use that for a game like tennis.
My parkour map. Do you have the skill?