11 replies to this topic

drone13
    drone13

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 472 posts
  • Minecraft: drone13

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:53 AM

Every time I try to log in it gives me that message. If I mess up my username and/or password it still gives the same message. It worked fine before the update but, now all I can do is "Play offline". Anyone know what's going on?

Register or log in to remove.

Cole_blake

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:24 AM

Check if you don't have a proper connection. That's exactly what it is, it can't connect to the website without the interwebs.
There are 10 people who understand binary...
Those who do, and those who don't.

minimobster0

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:49 AM

Nobody in my house can connect to minecraft.net.
We can connect to the internet just fine. That's how I'm posting here. But none of us can go to minecraft.net (the website) and we can't connect through the game client. This is really frustrating. :D
It has been this way since the newest update was released.

drone13
    drone13

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 472 posts
  • Minecraft: drone13

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:10 AM

^
|
What he said

Cole_blake

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:33 AM

Well things may be screwed up if you pirated (downloaded) the game. If you use the cracked version, you aren't signing in with an account, and therefore doesn't log into the website with a username and pass.

But if you bought it and got it properly this is kinda messed up, because this shouldn't happen.

Seb-is-hunting

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:51 AM

exactly the same happens to me, it's been like this since the 1.2.01 update, which I bleieve is the *newest* one. Things I tried before:
- disabling firewall -> did not work
- Re-install the .exe, and delete the .minecraft folder -> didn't work
- Re-boot both my computer and my router/modem -> did not work
- delete cache DNS files -> did not work.

And Now i'm stuck with beta 1.1.02, as my client just doesn't want to update...

minimobster0

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:21 PM

I bought the game about a month ago. I can't even go to minecraft's website. I can go to any other website, just not minecraft.net. And I cannot connect to minecraft.net through the client, which also means I cannot update to 1.2_01.

Cole_blake

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:06 PM

minimobster0 said:

I bought the game about a month ago. I can't even go to minecraft's website. I can go to any other website, just not minecraft.net. And I cannot connect to minecraft.net through the client, which also means I cannot update to 1.2_01.

The only other thing I could think of is maybe your firewall isn't allowing minecraft.net for some odd reason, other than that, sorry I can't help you.... : /  :D

nordyalex

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:32 PM

This is a wild shot, but all of you having trouble go into your .minecraft file and delete the bin folder, reboot your minecraft and it should reinstall everything automatically, if you want a step by step instruction pm me.

minimobster0

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:46 PM

I checked the firewall settings, and it isn't blocked or anything. I also tried deleting the .bin folder, and now it doesn't even give me the option to play offline like it used to. It says "Can't connect to minecraft.net" and below that, it says "Play online once to enable offline." and then it gives me a try again button.

Cole_blake

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:03 AM

minimobster0 said:

I checked the firewall settings, and it isn't blocked or anything. I also tried deleting the .bin folder, and now it doesn't even give me the option to play offline like it used to. It says "Can't connect to minecraft.net" and below that, it says "Play online once to enable offline." and then it gives me a try again button.

The only thing left to do is just delete and redownload minecraft. Since you've bought it, it is very easy to do this, just make sure you back up your save files (if you don't know how just lemme know)

minimobster0

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:09 AM

It's fine now. My friend called up Comcast, and had them do something. We can now go to the website, and connect to minecraft.net through the client.