good town name server city village

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

HazedCube
  • Minecraft: Space_bat15
  • Xbox:HazedCube

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

Hi,

I know tuis has probably been asked many, many times, but i need a good (GOOD) town name for my town in my friend's server.

The town's settings:
- Its in a flat place, on a little hill.
- Its kind of Medieval themed
- It is a small village type town, with a small wall, town hall, a few houses and a little community. One or two shops and its one of those towns that is not deserted, but has around 20-30 population.

It would be nice if the town's name could fit into a setting like Skyrim, as this is kind of Medieval themed like the town is.

Thanks,
-Space.

WHAT IN ALL THAT IS BLOCKY AM I?

Hazed - obscure with a haze.

Cube - a symmetrical three-dimensional shape, either solid or hollow, contained by six equal squares.

Register or log in to remove.

jobber890
  • Minecraft: jobbher

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

Cheydinhal or skingrad. Just a couple of random names from oblivion.
If Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter were all destroyed, 99% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 1% that would be laughing at them, copy this into your signature and hope it happens.

RelentlessBlue
  • Minecraft: MisterOdd

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

Riften.
Flat town
Everglades
Medieval town
Nostalgia
GreenFields
Springfield
BlueFields
BEST TOWN NAME "Insert Best town name here"

the 2 and the last name are jokes
Posted Image

Monkeyeperor

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

Isengard!
Posted Image

HazedCube

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

I like the sound of Cheydinhal.

Cube - a symmetrical three-dimensional shape, either solid or hollow, contained by six equal squares.

owetre18
    owetre18

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Minecraft: owetre180

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

Πόλη της επικής

Greek for Town of Epic. You need something creative, something eye-catching. I use greek for all of my buildings. Just copy + paste.
Posted Image

DirtDog
    DirtDog

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • Minecraft: DirtDog

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

Throw your name into the mix - Spacedinhal, Chapdinvaal, Batdinhaal, or Spatden.
Posted Image

HazedCube

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

View Postowetre18, on 13 June 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

Πόλη της επικής

Greek for Town of Epic. You need something creative, something eye-catching. I use greek for all of my buildings. Just copy + paste.

Thats all good, but how could i convert that into Minecraft text to put on a in-game sign?

owetre18
    owetre18

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

View PostSpaceChap, on 13 June 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

Thats all good, but how could i convert that into Minecraft text to put on a in-game sign?
Um. Minecraft supports most of these characters. Just use an editor. The one I use is a server plugin that I can't remember the name of.

I can do another translation to Latin.

Latin: Oppidum heroici

Means the same thing, and is slightly pronounceable. O-piddium-hero-ic-ci sounds about right. This you can just type, because it contains no non-standard characters.
Posted Image

HazedCube

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:03 PM

View Postowetre18, on 13 June 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

Um. Minecraft supports most of these characters. Just use an editor. The one I use is a server plugin that I can't remember the name of.

I can do another translation to Latin.

Latin: Oppidum heroici

Means the same thing, and is slightly pronounceable. O-piddium-hero-ic-ci sounds about right. This you can just type, because it contains no non-standard characters.
Thanks, I will try and find that plugin and ask my friend if he can get it, or i may use the Latin name :) Thanks again!

owetre18
    owetre18

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

View PostSpaceChap, on 13 June 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

Thanks, I will try and find that plugin and ask my friend if he can get it, or i may use the Latin name Posted Image Thanks again!
For future reference, just throw together what it's supposed to be with how it's shaped.

I made a magic tower in a very flat area, and named it Plana terra magicae which means 'Flat land of magic'

For my house on an ice mountain, I named it Montem glacies domum which translates to 'mountain ice house'.

I used google translate, and as far as my friend (who's fluent in 18 different languages) says, it's accurate in latin.
Posted Image

HazedCube

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

View Postowetre18, on 13 June 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

For future reference, just throw together what it's supposed to be with how it's shaped.

I made a magic tower in a very flat area, and named it Plana terra magicae which means 'Flat land of magic'

For my house on an ice mountain, I named it Montem glacies domum which translates to 'mountain ice house'.

I used google translate, and as far as my friend (who's fluent in 18 different languages) says, it's accurate in latin.
Thanks for this help, i will have a look at what i can make.

Raakuth
    Raakuth

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • Minecraft: Raakuth

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

View Postowetre18, on 13 June 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

Don't only base it off of how it's shaped the aesthetics of a town should also be a big factor (i.e. A town inside a forest which has red in the aesthetics a lot could be called something like redwood)

lolboatz

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

Dorter Trade City

a cookie to who gets that reference :P
Posted Image