Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Good Name For A Town In A Server ?

good town name server city village

  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1

HazedCube
  • Location: In the code!
  • Minecraft: Space_bat15
  • Xbox:HazedCube

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

Hi,

I know tuis has probably been asked many, many times, but i need a good (GOOD) town name for my town in my friend's server.

The town's settings:
- Its in a flat place, on a little hill.
- Its kind of Medieval themed
- It is a small village type town, with a small wall, town hall, a few houses and a little community. One or two shops and its one of those towns that is not deserted, but has around 20-30 population.

It would be nice if the town's name could fit into a setting like Skyrim, as this is kind of Medieval themed like the town is.

Thanks,
-Space.

WHAT IN ALL THAT IS BLOCKY AM I?

Hazed - obscure with a haze.

Cube - a symmetrical three-dimensional shape, either solid or hollow, contained by six equal squares.


Register or log in to remove.

#2

jobber890
  • Minecraft: jobbher

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

Cheydinhal or skingrad. Just a couple of random names from oblivion.
If Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter were all destroyed, 99% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 1% that would be laughing at them, copy this into your signature and hope it happens.

#3

RelentlessBlue
  • Minecraft: MisterOdd

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

Riften.
Flat town
Everglades
Medieval town
Nostalgia
GreenFields
Springfield
BlueFields
BEST TOWN NAME "Insert Best town name here"


the 2 and the last name are jokes
Posted Image

#4

Monkeyeperor

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

Isengard!
Posted Image

#5

HazedCube
  • Location: In the code!
  • Minecraft: Space_bat15
  • Xbox:HazedCube

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

I like the sound of Cheydinhal.

WHAT IN ALL THAT IS BLOCKY AM I?

Hazed - obscure with a haze.

Cube - a symmetrical three-dimensional shape, either solid or hollow, contained by six equal squares.


#6

owetre18
    owetre18

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Minecraft: owetre180

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

Πόλη της επικής

Greek for Town of Epic. You need something creative, something eye-catching. I use greek for all of my buildings. Just copy + paste.
Posted Image

#7

DirtDog
    DirtDog

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 306 posts
  • Location: Digging in the flower bed
  • Minecraft: DirtDog

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

Throw your name into the mix - Spacedinhal, Chapdinvaal, Batdinhaal, or Spatden.
Posted Image

#8

HazedCube
  • Location: In the code!
  • Minecraft: Space_bat15
  • Xbox:HazedCube

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

View Postowetre18, on 13 June 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

Πόλη της επικής

Greek for Town of Epic. You need something creative, something eye-catching. I use greek for all of my buildings. Just copy + paste.


Thats all good, but how could i convert that into Minecraft text to put on a in-game sign?

WHAT IN ALL THAT IS BLOCKY AM I?

Hazed - obscure with a haze.

Cube - a symmetrical three-dimensional shape, either solid or hollow, contained by six equal squares.


#9

owetre18
    owetre18

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Minecraft: owetre180

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

View PostSpaceChap, on 13 June 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

Thats all good, but how could i convert that into Minecraft text to put on a in-game sign?
Um. Minecraft supports most of these characters. Just use an editor. The one I use is a server plugin that I can't remember the name of.

I can do another translation to Latin.

Latin: Oppidum heroici

Means the same thing, and is slightly pronounceable. O-piddium-hero-ic-ci sounds about right. This you can just type, because it contains no non-standard characters.
Posted Image

#10

HazedCube
  • Location: In the code!
  • Minecraft: Space_bat15
  • Xbox:HazedCube

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:03 PM

View Postowetre18, on 13 June 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

Um. Minecraft supports most of these characters. Just use an editor. The one I use is a server plugin that I can't remember the name of.

I can do another translation to Latin.

Latin: Oppidum heroici

Means the same thing, and is slightly pronounceable. O-piddium-hero-ic-ci sounds about right. This you can just type, because it contains no non-standard characters.
Thanks, I will try and find that plugin and ask my friend if he can get it, or i may use the Latin name :) Thanks again!

WHAT IN ALL THAT IS BLOCKY AM I?

Hazed - obscure with a haze.

Cube - a symmetrical three-dimensional shape, either solid or hollow, contained by six equal squares.


#11

owetre18
    owetre18

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Minecraft: owetre180

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

View PostSpaceChap, on 13 June 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

Thanks, I will try and find that plugin and ask my friend if he can get it, or i may use the Latin name Posted Image Thanks again!
For future reference, just throw together what it's supposed to be with how it's shaped.

I made a magic tower in a very flat area, and named it Plana terra magicae which means 'Flat land of magic'

For my house on an ice mountain, I named it Montem glacies domum which translates to 'mountain ice house'.

I used google translate, and as far as my friend (who's fluent in 18 different languages) says, it's accurate in latin.
Posted Image

#12

HazedCube
  • Location: In the code!
  • Minecraft: Space_bat15
  • Xbox:HazedCube

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

View Postowetre18, on 13 June 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

For future reference, just throw together what it's supposed to be with how it's shaped.

I made a magic tower in a very flat area, and named it Plana terra magicae which means 'Flat land of magic'

For my house on an ice mountain, I named it Montem glacies domum which translates to 'mountain ice house'.

I used google translate, and as far as my friend (who's fluent in 18 different languages) says, it's accurate in latin.
Thanks for this help, i will have a look at what i can make.

WHAT IN ALL THAT IS BLOCKY AM I?

Hazed - obscure with a haze.

Cube - a symmetrical three-dimensional shape, either solid or hollow, contained by six equal squares.


#13

Raakuth
    Raakuth

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 146 posts
  • Minecraft: Raakuth

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

View Postowetre18, on 13 June 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

For future reference, just throw together what it's supposed to be with how it's shaped.

I made a magic tower in a very flat area, and named it Plana terra magicae which means 'Flat land of magic'

For my house on an ice mountain, I named it Montem glacies domum which translates to 'mountain ice house'.

I used google translate, and as far as my friend (who's fluent in 18 different languages) says, it's accurate in latin.

Don't only base it off of how it's shaped the aesthetics of a town should also be a big factor (i.e. A town inside a forest which has red in the aesthetics a lot could be called something like redwood)

#14

lolboatz

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

Dorter Trade City

a cookie to who gets that reference :P
Posted Image