Java error after 1 minute of Minecraft on multiplayer

minecraft java error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Calleman812
  • Minecraft: Wincey

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

Hi all,
I've just reinstalled my computer and now I cannot play more the 1 minute of multiplayer Minecraft before I get kicked with the following error:

Connection Lost
Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error

or

Connection Lost
Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed

Before reinstalling my Minecraft worked fine.
So far I've tried the following without success:

- Reinstalled Minecraft (clear version - no mods)
- Reinstalled java (both 32-bit only, 64-bit only and both combined)
- Tried switching LAN cards
- Tried running Minecraft as administrator
- Updated driver for both my LAN cards

Does anyone have any tips on how to solve this problem?
Please advice.
Wincey | Calleman812
www.youtube.com/Calleman812

Register or log in to remove.

Lynx7386
    Lynx7386

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:52 AM

I've been having the exact same issue for about a week now, though mine just started randomly for no apparent reason (I didnt rebuild my computer or anything, and mc worked fine up until last week or so).

Frustrating as hell, minecraft is acting flakier than britney spears right now.

AhKeelU
    AhKeelU

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Location: Somewhere between a rock and a hard place. Oh and the infirmary.

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:10 AM

Hi. This error is normally an internet connection issue. To put it simply, your computer disconnects you from the server or the server disconnects you. When this happens you are still sending or receiving information, depending on which computer disconnected. I assume this is on a server, not offline. And it sounds like a client side issue. Try updating your NIC (network interface controller) drivers again. And if that fails, try downgrading them if you can. This error can also happen ofline now as for some reason the online and offline versions of minecraft are the same now. I know it seems tedious to upgrade the drivers again but it may actually help. Also you mentioned that you have 2 nic cards as you call them. If you do, remove one if both of them are pci. And if one is onboard and you know it works, then use the onboard and remove the pci. Otherwise if the onboard has failed use the pci only as it should be able to overide the onboard device.

I am assuming you use a desktop. My advice would be slightly different if you were to use a laptop. In the case of a laptop I would suggest you use an ethernet cable or get a wireless usb adapter.

View PostLynx7386, on 13 June 2012 - 12:52 AM, said:

I've been having the exact same issue for about a week now, though mine just started randomly for no apparent reason (I didnt rebuild my computer or anything, and mc worked fine up until last week or so).

Frustrating as hell, minecraft is acting flakier than britney spears right now.

I hit the "vote this post up" button for that, nice one.
Stupid url limit! Mac tech support at: topic/649868-guide-mac-support-101-upd-14-june/ Posted Image

starlinvf
    starlinvf

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3169 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:50 AM

Probably the best way to help isolate this is starting your own MP server and connecting to it.  If its still having problems, it could be anything from the firewall or security suite software, to problems with a driver or maybe even java bug.

Its also advised to disable IPv6 on your NICs so you have one less problem to consider.