Latest News Article

[1.6.2] Universal Electricity - An Electricity System Modding API

universal electricity modular api icbm modding mods buildcraft energy

• Please log in to reply
1110 replies to this topic

Calclavia
  • Minecraft: calclavia

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

The Universal Electricity FTB Pack has officially launched! Check it out in the FTB Launcher: http://feed-the-beast.com/
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

AnodeCathode

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

So you want this to be sort of a universal energy API, but yet absolutely rule out the usage of the mod in a mod pack?  Don't see how those too aims mesh.  Either you want absolute control, or you want it to be adopted and used my lots of mods.  Which is it?

PapaMldnight

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

Still giving me an error server-side

Spoiler:

DrCeph
    DrCeph

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

I like the idea of what you are aiming for here man. I've a question as a guy recently into modding. With Buildcraft and IC2 there is an issue where the scaling between the power for the machine tiers differs between the two mods. In fact, my first (and currently only) published mod is addressing this issue for Buildcraft Fuel/Oil to EU. I was wondering what your current conversion rates are for UE to MJ, UE to EU (and vice versa), and what is your reasoning behind those rates?

I like the idea of making any machines I make in the future easily accessible to all no matter their power gen of choice, and UE seems like it could be a good step in this direction.

repeerc
    repeerc

Carpenter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Minecraft: wdtod

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:52 AM

Minecraft keeps on crashing
Spoiler:

Calclavia

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

View PostAnodeCathode, on 26 November 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

So you want this to be sort of a universal energy API, but yet absolutely rule out the usage of the mod in a mod pack?  Don't see how those too aims mesh.  Either you want absolute control, or you want it to be adopted and used my lots of mods.  Which is it?
I don't get your point. I want UE to be used by lots of mods. The mod pack is just an official collection of all mods that use the UE API. It has nothing to do with control and I'm not even managing the pack.

View PostDrCeph, on 26 November 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

I like the idea of what you are aiming for here man. I've a question as a guy recently into modding. With Buildcraft and IC2 there is an issue where the scaling between the power for the machine tiers differs between the two mods. In fact, my first (and currently only) published mod is addressing this issue for Buildcraft Fuel/Oil to EU. I was wondering what your current conversion rates are for UE to MJ, UE to EU (and vice versa), and what is your reasoning behind those rates?

I like the idea of making any machines I make in the future easily accessible to all no matter their power gen of choice, and UE seems like it could be a good step in this direction.

I based it off coal power and battery storage, though I don't have much justifications for them. They're configurable after all.
Posted Image

Bdhalleck
  • Minecraft: Bdhalleck

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

Do you have an updated list of recipes for your mods? I cant seem to find one for the motor or the battery box
You chose to believe, even if it wasn't true. That's all.
Posted Image

Calclavia

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

View PostBdhalleck, on 27 November 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

Do you have an updated list of recipes for your mods? I cant seem to find one for the motor or the battery box
I will
Posted Image

Bdhalleck

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

View PostCalclavia, on 27 November 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

I will
Thanks
Posted Image

PapaMldnight

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

Hey if you still can't figure out you're mistake let me hold your hand and point at the fact that your mod(AtomicScience) tries to load a Class that you either forgot to put in or a syntax error in some of the functions, notably a file containing the keyword "bek". Wich makes AtomicScience unplayable on SMP above 2.4.88

Also, BasicComponents_v1.1.2.268 and below are the only versions that don't crash the whole server or SSP map when outputting electricity. The world is then unloadable and forever lost, SSP and SMP.

The more you update, the more your mods become unplayable. I am a developer at Ubisoft Montreal and I can tell: your mods have a lot of potential, and you have a lot of potential, so please start by fixing these major errors before adding new stuff(we call this the Microsoft syndrome btw ;)).

I hope you are working on this. Else, keep up your good work so we can keep on enjoying one of the most awesome and original Minecraft experience.

Calclavia

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

View PostPapaMldnight, on 27 November 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

Hey if you still can't figure out you're mistake let me hold your hand and point at the fact that your mod(AtomicScience) tries to load a Class that you either forgot to put in or a syntax error in some of the functions, notably a file containing the keyword "bek". Wich makes AtomicScience unplayable on SMP above 2.4.88

Also, BasicComponents_v1.1.2.268 and below are the only versions that don't crash the whole server or SSP map when outputting electricity. The world is then unloadable and forever lost, SSP and SMP.

The more you update, the more your mods become unplayable. I am a developer at Ubisoft Montreal and I can tell: your mods have a lot of potential, and you have a lot of potential, so please start by fixing these major errors before adding new stuff(we call this the Microsoft syndrome btw Posted Image).

I hope you are working on this. Else, keep up your good work so we can keep on enjoying one of the most awesome and original Minecraft experience.
I know the bug, already fixed it in the latest release 0.2.6 I think. You don't need to rub bugs in my face. I read them all but don't have time to respond.
Posted Image

drewmeah
    drewmeah

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

Everyone im sorry if im posting this in the wrong place but i tired to make a vanilla server with ic2 and all its requirments. It all worked fine until i found this ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Why did you do that?

Time: 11/27/12 5:49 PM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: basiccomponents.BCLoader
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:117)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:479)
at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:82)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:343)
at ho.c(DedicatedServer.java:49)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:456)
at fy.run(SourceFile:856)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: basiccomponents.BCLoader
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:141)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.ModClassLoader.loadClass(ModClassLoader.java:57)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:410)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:140)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:83)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:478)
... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraftforge.transformers.EventTransformer.transform(EventTransformer.java:29)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.runTransformers(RelaunchClassLoader.java:178)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:133)
... 32 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.4.5
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.7.0_09, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 41396984 bytes (39 MB) / 99811328 bytes (95 MB) up to 831455232 bytes (792 MB)
JVM Flags: 0 total;
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: MCP v7.23 FML v4.5.2.459 Minecraft Forge 6.4.0.396 5 mods loaded, 5 mods active
mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructe
FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed
Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed
BasicComponents [Basic Components] (minecraft_server.jar) Unloaded->Errored
ICBM [ICBM] (minecraft_server.jar) Unloaded->Errored
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to
So can anyne help me

Simbaholic

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

Just a suggestion, I noticed that now the Tin Ore is pretty rare considering it's pretty much the base ingredient (along with copper) for most other things and its become a little tedious to mine enough Tin to actually make any progress, I'd suggest increasing the generation rate a little, or perchance make Tin veins instead of a single block generate.

ObsidianWalker

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

View Postdrewmeah, on 28 November 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

Everyone im sorry if im posting this in the wrong place but i tired to make a vanilla server with ic2 and all its requirments. It all worked fine until i found this
Spoiler:
So can anyne help me
crash report in a spoiler please
[spoiler]text[/spoiler]

View PostSimbaholic, on 28 November 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

Just a suggestion, I noticed that now the Tin Ore is pretty rare considering it's pretty much the base ingredient (along with copper) for most other things and its become a little tedious to mine enough Tin to actually make any progress, I'd suggest increasing the generation rate a little, or perchance make Tin veins instead of a single block generate.
i noticed it, calclavia should make the tin spawn more commonly, we are going to need a new excavation system too, like the IC2 quarry, or the AtomicStyker Minions mod(copyright) but it must be expensive, and easy to use, maybe with the possibility to move it, so that it doesn't ruin the landscape with massive machinery, but maybe is a bit too overpower for an API
If you want me to read your answer quote my post.
Posted Image

Bdhalleck

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

View PostObsidianWalker, on 29 November 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

crash report in a spoiler please
[spoiler]text[/spoiler]

i noticed it, calclavia should make the tin spawn more commonly, we are going to need a new excavation system too, like the IC2 quarry, or the AtomicStyker Minions mod(copyright) but it must be expensive, and easy to use, maybe with the possibility to move it, so that it doesn't ruin the landscape with massive machinery, but maybe is a bit too overpower for an API
I agree about the tin generation, I really love battery boxes lol
Posted Image

Drakaal
    Drakaal

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Hi. I'd like to know at wich layer we can find Uranium Ore with Atomic Science installed.

Calclavia

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:35 AM

View Postdrewmeah, on 28 November 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

Everyone im sorry if im posting this in the wrong place but i tired to make a vanilla server with ic2 and all its requirments. It all worked fine until i found this ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Why did you do that?

Time: 11/27/12 5:49 PM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: basiccomponents.BCLoader
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:117)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:479)
at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:82)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:343)
at ho.c(DedicatedServer.java:49)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:456)
at fy.run(SourceFile:856)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: basiccomponents.BCLoader
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:141)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.ModClassLoader.loadClass(ModClassLoader.java:57)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:410)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:140)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:83)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:478)
... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraftforge.transformers.EventTransformer.transform(EventTransformer.java:29)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.runTransformers(RelaunchClassLoader.java:178)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:133)
... 32 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.4.5
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.7.0_09, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 41396984 bytes (39 MB) / 99811328 bytes (95 MB) up to 831455232 bytes (792 MB)
JVM Flags: 0 total;
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: MCP v7.23 FML v4.5.2.459 Minecraft Forge 6.4.0.396 5 mods loaded, 5 mods active
mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructe
FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed
Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed
BasicComponents [Basic Components] (minecraft_server.jar) Unloaded->Errored
ICBM [ICBM] (minecraft_server.jar) Unloaded->Errored
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to
So can anyne help me
Try update the mods.

View PostSimbaholic, on 28 November 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

Tin ore is rare? The last time someone dealt with tin they told me there were piles of them. Then, I reduced the ore generation...

Yes. We need miners. And we are planning to make them... like this http://cache.wists.c...2ba0498283-orig

View PostDrakaal, on 29 November 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

Hi. I'd like to know at wich layer we can find Uranium Ore with Atomic Science installed.
Thanks Posted Image
I think 30 from bedrock?
Posted Image

Deadlydayne
  • Minecraft: Deadlydayne
  • Xbox:Deadlydayne

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

Was running around stacking some wire to an ICBM tower and crashed.  Now when I get back in server wire looks lagged out.  Cant tell if its something wrong with world or mod.
Spoiler:

Deadlydayne
  • Minecraft: Deadlydayne
  • Xbox:Deadlydayne

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

Was running around stacking some wire to an ICBM tower and crashed.  Now when I get back in server wire looks lagged out.  Cant tell if its something wrong with world or mod.
Spoiler:

Simbaholic

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

View PostCalclavia, on 30 November 2012 - 02:35 AM, said:

Tin ore is rare? The last time someone dealt with tin they told me there were piles of them. Then, I reduced the ore generation...

Yeah, on a world generated before you reduced the ore generation there was a lot of tin, but now it seems to have been reduced too much, for example on a mining trip I actually found more Gold Ore than Tin, which doesn't seem quite right... and 2 (irl) days of on/off playing I'd found enough Tin to just about make one battery box, let alone anything else, so yeah it does feel too little..