universal electricity modular api icbm modding mods buildcraft energy

• Please log in to reply
1110 replies to this topic

Calclavia
  • Minecraft: calclavia

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:58 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Universal Electricity is a modular realistic electricity API for modders to create and to add electricity to Minecraft. Universal Electricity itself is not a mod, but is more of a library and an API to allow various mods to use the same energy system and yet retaining each mods independence. Universal Electricity is basically a structure that integrates a universal electricity system in which all mods can use.

Official Website

For Downloads and Documentation

All discussions on this mod should be posted here or it will be ignored.

Mods
There are only a few mods that use Universal Electricity. That is because Universal Electricity is a young mod and we need more people to help develop mods for it! You can find most of the UE mods on the Universal Electricity website.

Developing a Mod
If you want to develop and add-on for Universal Electricity, you may download the API from the official page. Upon download you are subjected to the Minecraft Mod Public License. You may post a thread on the Universal Electricity forum if you want your add-on to be displayed on this page.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

MinerMarcus2k9
  • Minecraft: MinerMarcus2k9

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:09 AM

No offence, It kind of just looks like you've copied Buildcraft and changed some textures....

Calclavia

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:04 AM

View PostMinerMarcus2k9, on 09 June 2012 - 06:09 AM, said:

No offence, It kind of just looks like you've copied Buildcraft and changed some textures....

None taken. It's not Buildcraft. It's a modular API for modders to use.
Posted Image

MinerMarcus2k9
  • Minecraft: MinerMarcus2k9

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:05 AM

View PostCalclavia, on 09 June 2012 - 07:04 AM, said:

None taken. It's not Buildcraft. It's a modular API for modders to use.
I hope you can see where I'm coming from. Maybe try posting more information/pictures?

Calclavia

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:08 AM

View PostMinerMarcus2k9, on 09 June 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

I hope you can see where I'm coming from. Maybe try posting more information/pictures?

They're all on the official page (http://minecraftforg...topic,61.0.html). This API is what makes this mod (http://www.minecraft...ary-technology/) works. We are trying to find more people to develop add-ons for UE since UE is like Flan's mod and needs add-ons in order to function. The concept might be a bit confusing to understand, but basically UE is an API that makes mods that use electricity compatible with each other.
Posted Image

budwise
    budwise

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Minecraft: Darkguardsman
  • Xbox:intaves

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:57 AM

Think your mistaking what it is from the picture. The buildcraft stuff in the pic is too show that api is compatible with buildcraft energy pipes.
My Actual username is DarkGuardsman I am the Author of Fluid Mechanics, Assembly Line, ICBM-Sentries, Come Closer, Illus Elements, GSM Empire, and Greater Protection. I don't have time to read forums much any more...

thestarlion
  • Minecraft: thestarlion

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:30 AM

I think it's worth letting you know - I'd talk to Eloraam before trying to make this work with RedPower's Blulectric. There was an IC2 addon a while back that bridged the IC2 power system and Blutricity, and I recall Eloraam asked for it to be taken down because she had given no permission for anything of the sort, and had her own plans for Blutricity.
Don't know if that still applies, but I think better to be safe and find out what she thinks first.
When mango eggs fly, what is the square root of the tomato?
Tekkit: See Technic. Technic: Minecraft mods for people who are too lazy to learn how to add mods or resolve simple ID conflicts.

StanlyHD
    StanlyHD

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

get some more stuff and items and deffinitly BETTHER textures

Calclavia

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:45 AM

View Postthestarlion, on 09 June 2012 - 10:30 AM, said:

I think it's worth letting you know - I'd talk to Eloraam before trying to make this work with RedPower's Blulectric. There was an IC2 addon a while back that bridged the IC2 power system and Blutricity, and I recall Eloraam asked for it to be taken down because she had given no permission for anything of the sort, and had her own plans for Blutricity.
Don't know if that still applies, but I think better to be safe and find out what she thinks first.

It's not compatible with IC2 and Redpower. It is only compatible with Buildcraft because Buildcraft is open source.

View PostStanlyHD, on 09 June 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

get some more stuff and items and deffinitly BETTHER textures

Good textures will come. Also, it is not supposed to have much stuff included inside. An API should be kept to the minimum and let modders create the add-ons for content.
Posted Image

thestarlion
  • Minecraft: thestarlion

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:48 AM

I know it isn't compatible yet, but the way it was explained was that support for those two was on the way. That's why I pointed that out.
When mango eggs fly, what is the square root of the tomato?
Tekkit: See Technic. Technic: Minecraft mods for people who are too lazy to learn how to add mods or resolve simple ID conflicts.

Calclavia

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

View Postthestarlion, on 09 June 2012 - 11:48 AM, said:

I know it isn't compatible yet, but the way it was explained was that support for those two was on the way. That's why I pointed that out.

Support for two is because Eloraam is planing to make Redpower natively compatible with Buildcraft which means that it will be compatible with UE.
Posted Image

Scratchman_Apoo

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:19 PM

nice
Posted Image

Calclavia

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:06 AM

View PostScratchman_Apoo, on 09 June 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

nice

Posted Image

AgentLeiner

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

Spoiler:

Why did I post this here if?

Ugh, I give up. It's too much WORK!!!
I am simultaneously everywhere and nowhere at the same time

_minecraft_iguana_
  • Minecraft: spacepioneer53

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:30 AM

If you look closely and check the links you wil see that it is actually the addon Steam Power

Not related:
Spoiler:

Posted Image

YX33A
    YX33A

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 781 posts
  • Minecraft: YX33A

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:43 AM

View Post_minecraft_iguana_, on 11 June 2012 - 12:30 AM, said:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

"Minecraft is like an orgasm - even science can't describe it"
Posted Image    Posted Image

Cryptonat said:

Snitch said:

Basically you're stuck in hell till you find a portal out. There are alternatives to pig, by the way, as you probably know. :>
There are no alternatives to Bacon. Ever.

YX33A
    YX33A

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 781 posts
  • Minecraft: YX33A

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:53 AM

Also unless that link which is labeled Official Page takes me to a dropbox site, I'd say you're ripping us off, even if there is a link which leads to the exact same page right below it.  The mod is good, my suggestion on the forums still would be nice(and would get you publicity like crazy), and yes, I'll be using it.  But seriously, a adfly link for the download only, please.  Don't be greedy.  Doing so tends to lead to you being shunned, moreso in a modding community where many mods are made with no desire for money, let alone a way to actually charge for them(EULA and all), some of which simply are better and free.
Also 2000+ downloads is pointless to brag about when this is a API used for your own mod.  Unless you bundle this with your own mod, that is, and have done so since you started with this API, in which case that's nice.
"Minecraft is like an orgasm - even science can't describe it"
Posted Image    Posted Image

Cryptonat said:

Snitch said:

Basically you're stuck in hell till you find a portal out. There are alternatives to pig, by the way, as you probably know. :>
There are no alternatives to Bacon. Ever.

Calclavia

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:54 AM

View PostYX33A, on 11 June 2012 - 12:53 AM, said:

Also unless that link which is labeled Official Page takes me to a dropbox site, I'd say you're ripping us off, even if there is a link which leads to the exact same page right below it.  The mod is good, my suggestion on the forums still would be nice(and would get you publicity like crazy), and yes, I'll be using it.  But seriously, a adfly link for the download only, please.  Don't be greedy.  Doing so tends to lead to you being shunned, moreso in a modding community where many mods are made with no desire for money, let alone a way to actually charge for them(EULA and all), some of which simply are better and free.
Also 2000+ downloads is pointless to brag about when this is a API used for your own mod.  Unless you bundle this with your own mod, that is, and have done so since you started with this API, in which case that's nice.
I place that link under it to give people a choice to not support me. I will note below it with "(No Ad Version)". Thanks for the advice. The mod/API needs more add-ons in order to be succesful. I am looking for more people to write add-ons for the mod.

ICBM is my mod, and Steam Power is by Darkguardsman. And I am not trying to brag on the downloads. I am trying to find a way to get more add-on creators. Universal Electricity doesn't have to be popular, the add-ons have to. The purpose of UE is to make all the mods which uses electrcity compatible and use a realistic elecrtic unit.
Posted Image

_Borr
    _Borr

Carpenter

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

This should be added to the forge, like some kind of liquid and gas dictionary should be added also. Lots of good mods suffer because incompatibility with other mods using forge, like finite liquid. Even if somebody makes forge patch there is no use for this modified water in other mods...
Sorry for my bad english...

Calclavia

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

View Post_Borr, on 11 June 2012 - 10:56 AM, said:

This should be added to the forge, like some kind of liquid and gas dictionary should be added also. Lots of good mods suffer because incompatibility with other mods using forge, like finite liquid. Even if somebody makes forge patch there is no use for this modified water in other mods...

That's why I made this mod, in hoping that people who make Electricity mods will use this API to be universal.
Posted Image