Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4] Pixelmon 3.0.1 {February 18th 2014}

ssp smp forge pokemon mod awesome burnmagikarpburn 1.6.4

  • Please log in to reply
12815 replies to this topic

#6561

DrArticuno
  • Minecraft: DrArticuno

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

As I was playing I thought of a neat feature. What if we could go into the pc and let the pokemon free roam. They'd spawn in front of the pc and wander within a 20 block radius. I thought of this because I have a nice little fenced in area around where I'm living and I thought it would be neat if we could have pokemon(not wild) wander around and not just follow us.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

#6562

SPG
    SPG

    Glowstone Miner

  • Members
  • 3656 posts
  • Location: the 4th dimension
  • Minecraft: SpalkiaG

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

View PostBdhalleck, on 28 November 2012 - 04:19 AM, said:

Is there any way to get slimeballs with this mod?
sadly no, well, from pokemon at least, you can turn normal minecraft mobs on in the config options
Posted Image
Lead Modeler/Admin of Pixelmon

#6563

Bdhalleck
  • Location: Arizona
  • Minecraft: Bdhalleck

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

View PostSPG, on 28 November 2012 - 04:26 AM, said:

sadly no, well, from pokemon at least, you can turn normal minecraft mobs on in the config options
that kind of takes away from the whole fun of the mod lol. I also noticed there is nothing dropping leather either.

We can have Grimer and Muk drop slimeballs

Edited by Bdhalleck, 28 November 2012 - 06:19 AM.

You chose to believe, even if it wasn't true. That's all.
Posted Image

#6564

SPG
    SPG

    Glowstone Miner

  • Members
  • 3656 posts
  • Location: the 4th dimension
  • Minecraft: SpalkiaG

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

View PostBdhalleck, on 28 November 2012 - 06:18 AM, said:

that kind of takes away from the whole fun of the mod lol. I also noticed there is nothing dropping leather either.

We can have Grimer and Muk drop slimeballs
problem is, they arent in the mod
Posted Image
Lead Modeler/Admin of Pixelmon

#6565

Bloodytears

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

View PostTomX, on 28 November 2012 - 03:13 AM, said:

So, guys, after a reeally long time, I've decided to download pixelmon, for mc 1.4.5.  So, I download it, put it (yes yes, the instructions are followed, I'm no fool), start up mc ('till there all good) try to load a world...
Spoiler:
So, just wanted to see if anybody has any ideas, or at least if anyone knew why this happens, or if it has to do with pixelmon. For the record, even when it is visible, I have the following mods: forge (yes, the right version), optifine, TMI, Player API, Smart Moving and TF2 teleporter (not to mention pixelmon Posted Image ). Any ideas?
EDIT: so I tried and removed the .zip file in the mod folder. Guess what, world loaded fine with all mods but pixelmon (du-uh), so it's a pixelmon crash. Maybe you want to add this to the bug section, plus a solution, if possible.. Posted Image

If you have any extra mods installed besides the ones that came with Pixelmon then I would try to remove them. Usually two mods could clash and cause your client to crash.

If not, I would try to delete my .minecraft folder with a fresh client and try to install Pixelmon again.

Thanks,

Ryan

#6566

minecraftpros03
  • Location: Sweden
  • Minecraft: kimi333444

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

this is the best pokemon mod EVER!!!

#6567

Bdhalleck
  • Location: Arizona
  • Minecraft: Bdhalleck

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

View PostSPG, on 28 November 2012 - 06:28 AM, said:

problem is, they arent in the mod
I meant when they are put in lol, I thought it would be self-explanatory but it seems not
You chose to believe, even if it wasn't true. That's all.
Posted Image

#6568

sephosiris

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

hey just wondering any ways to stop evolutions?

#6569

FryoKnight
  • Location: In my Zap Apple Orchard, waiting for Zap Apples to grow.
  • Minecraft: FryoKnight
  • Xbox:Fyro Knight

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

View Postsephosiris, on 28 November 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

hey just wondering any ways to stop evolutions?
Currently no, the only way to stop evolution is  to Stop leveling up your Pokemon... You can set your Pokemon where they can't gain levels, but other then that, there is no way to prevent evolution.

Posted Image


#6570

LilacLily
  • Location: Somewhere in a random forest
  • Minecraft: LilacLily

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Ok, I'm sick of seeing the screens. Somebody needs to update the main post to say: WHEN REPORTING A CRASH, USE THE FILE, NOT THE CRASH SCREEN!!

Thanks,
-Lil
I tried to put 3 banners here. I got an error. Can someone help me out? I really wanna support the 3 mods I use. xD

#6571

AngryGroudon

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

on the pixelmon forums there is a awesome lugia model. Can you please add that to the mod as well with the three johto starters and kyogre and groudon (Kyogre and johto three starters are being worked on)

#6572

Yaseen
    Yaseen

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 881 posts
  • Location: London
  • Minecraft: Yaseen_123

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

View PostFryoKnight, on 27 November 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

Just wondering, but is there any Servers for Pixelmon? Grey-list if possibly (I don't like applying for White-list server due to past experiences...). :3 if so can someone point me towards them? :3
Theres a lot of servers in the Pixelmon forums oh and Hi I havent seen u with here in a while
Posted Image

#6573

Shoulon
    Shoulon

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 191 posts
  • Minecraft: Skythe13

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

View PostTomX, on 28 November 2012 - 03:13 AM, said:

So, guys, after a reeally long time, I've decided to download pixelmon, for mc 1.4.5.  So, I download it, put it (yes yes, the instructions are followed, I'm no fool), start up mc ('till there all good) try to load a world...
Spoiler:
So, just wanted to see if anybody has any ideas, or at least if anyone knew why this happens, or if it has to do with pixelmon. For the record, even when it is visible, I have the following mods: forge (yes, the right version), optifine, TMI, Player API, Smart Moving and TF2 teleporter (not to mention pixelmon Posted Image ). Any ideas?
EDIT: so I tried and removed the .zip file in the mod folder. Guess what, world loaded fine with all mods but pixelmon (du-uh), so it's a pixelmon crash. Maybe you want to add this to the bug section, plus a solution, if possible.. Posted Image

Its due to Pixelmon not supporting latest Forges. Which isn't Pixelmon's fault. Forge updates waaaay too fast.

#6574

Xephiere
    Xephiere

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

Hi everyone, First off, Amazing Mod -- enjoying it immensly so far. I do have a few questions, however, or complications. I am hoping this is playable in Adventure/Survival Mode and though I have the game running and the pokemon are accessable. I cannot seem to be able to create any of the items from the recipes listed on the Pixelmon Wiki list. The only mods I have installed are Forge, and Pixelmon and its couple of addons so many something didnt install correctly (probably fail user error) or I am missing something. Any help or comment would be helpful and greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time!

#6575

FryoKnight
  • Location: In my Zap Apple Orchard, waiting for Zap Apples to grow.
  • Minecraft: FryoKnight
  • Xbox:Fyro Knight

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

View PostYaseen, on 28 November 2012 - 04:28 PM, said:

Theres a lot of servers in the Pixelmon forums oh and Hi I havent seen u with here in a while
Reason being because most of the activate for this topic moved to a different website. Posted Image

But my friends been wanting to play around with this mod and I kinda want to too, I have issues with losing my Vanilla mobs though.

Just wondering, since this is now a Forge mod, the items are in the Forge Dictionary, so are any of the items considered Loot items (as in they appear in Dungeons)? Because if so, I would not mind adding Pixelmon back to my regular list of mods because then I can get stuff i need from my many Dungeon related mods. :3

Posted Image


#6576

sephosiris

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostXephiere, on 28 November 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

Hi everyone, First off, Amazing Mod -- enjoying it immensly so far. I do have a few questions, however, or complications. I am hoping this is playable in Adventure/Survival Mode and though I have the game running and the pokemon are accessable. I cannot seem to be able to create any of the items from the recipes listed on the Pixelmon Wiki list. The only mods I have installed are Forge, and Pixelmon and its couple of addons so many something didnt install correctly (probably fail user error) or I am missing something. Any help or comment would be helpful and greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time!

theres a new page go here
http://pixelmon.wikia.com/wiki/Recipes

#6577

sephosiris

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

hey guys just a few questions. Awesome mod.
I like the new improved battle interface but a few issues on that.
this is for 1.8.3 with latest forge build 396

1. looking back at the old vids when battles happen we could atleast look around or move a little while pokemon did their thing.
in this one we are stuck and it kinda poses a problem for if we active random mobs. probably not part of the initial pixelmon feature,
but the static thing is that going to change back to what it originally was? to give us free movement while battles happened?

2. also in another old video i saw i think it was ijevin trying to capture a bulbasaur, it actually involved him trying to catch it eg running up and throwing the pokeballs. BUT now 1.8.3 is all static as if it were the gameboy version, id prefer actually struggling to capture than just having a wait system, it was fun to just watch and hope to see if i caught a pokemon and run after it with a pokeball.

3. I notice that after battles when i weaken pokemon to low health sometimes all of a sudden they just die out of nowhere when clearly there was still health available, have lost many times trying to catch pokemon regardless of health left they auto faint... is that a glitch?

4. any option to cancel evolutions?

overall still a very good mod! just would like to know of any changes to later updates for the questions above

#6578

Mr_Masochism

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

View Postsephosiris, on 28 November 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

hey guys just a few questions. Awesome mod.
I like the new improved battle interface but a few issues on that.
this is for 1.8.3 with latest forge build 396

1. looking back at the old vids when battles happen we could atleast look around or move a little while pokemon did their thing.
in this one we are stuck and it kinda poses a problem for if we active random mobs. probably not part of the initial pixelmon feature,
but the static thing is that going to change back to what it originally was? to give us free movement while battles happened?

2. also in another old video i saw i think it was ijevin trying to capture a bulbasaur, it actually involved him trying to catch it eg running up and throwing the pokeballs. BUT now 1.8.3 is all static as if it were the gameboy version, id prefer actually struggling to capture than just having a wait system, it was fun to just watch and hope to see if i caught a pokemon and run after it with a pokeball.

3. I notice that after battles when i weaken pokemon to low health sometimes all of a sudden they just die out of nowhere when clearly there was still health available, have lost many times trying to catch pokemon regardless of health left they auto faint... is that a glitch?

4. any option to cancel evolutions?

overall still a very good mod! just would like to know of any changes to later updates for the questions above

1.  No there is no plan to give control back in battles.  It was a design decision forced on us to deal with a whole bunch of problems that came about because there was the freedom to move around.

2. You can still do that if you want.  Pokeballs can be thrown outside of battle.

3. Unfortunately minecraft is still glitchy in the way it handles blocks and entities.  Without rewriting their collision detecting code I'm not sure we can stop this happening and that just seems a little too much work at the moment.

4.  Not yet but it's coming

View PostFryoKnight, on 28 November 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

Reason being because most of the activate for this topic moved to a different website. Posted Image

But my friends been wanting to play around with this mod and I kinda want to too, I have issues with losing my Vanilla mobs though.

Just wondering, since this is now a Forge mod, the items are in the Forge Dictionary, so are any of the items considered Loot items (as in they appear in Dungeons)? Because if so, I would not mind adding Pixelmon back to my regular list of mods because then I can get stuff i need from my many Dungeon related mods. :3

None of them are considered loot as of yet but that is on the work in progress list at the moment.  Some things will start to be found in dungeons but we also have another idea for getting loot which will be activated soon.


View PostLilacLily, on 28 November 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

Ok, I'm sick of seeing the screens. Somebody needs to update the main post to say: WHEN REPORTING A CRASH, USE THE FILE, NOT THE CRASH SCREEN!!

Thanks,
-Lil

Unforunately crash files aren't always as full of information as the screen.

View PostDrArticuno, on 28 November 2012 - 04:26 AM, said:

As I was playing I thought of a neat feature. What if we could go into the pc and let the pokemon free roam. They'd spawn in front of the pc and wander within a 20 block radius. I thought of this because I have a nice little fenced in area around where I'm living and I thought it would be neat if we could have pokemon(not wild) wander around and not just follow us.

Then you'll have a pc sitting in the middle of a field.  The mechanic to get this to work still hasn't been worked out.  I don't want them tied to a block, that just seems clumsy but I'm not certain how this can work so far

#6579

awesome1005

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Please help! I really want this mod, but when I install it just as the video says, it makes my Minecraft crash every single time. I don't understand what i'm doing wrong because my friends did the same thing as me and it worked for them. If you could get back to me soon I would much appreciate it, just because I really want this mod. Thanks!

#6580

DrArticuno
  • Minecraft: DrArticuno

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

View PostMr_Masochism, on 28 November 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:

Then you'll have a pc sitting in the middle of a field.  The mechanic to get this to work still hasn't been worked out.  I don't want them tied to a block, that just seems clumsy but I'm not certain how this can work so far

Didn't think about the whole PC being a field thing, but you're right about that. However, I think if you don't have them tied to a block we might lose them if they aren't fenced in, unless we'd be able to retrieve them via PC elsewhere. Also, I'll finish up these schematics and files for the village I've been working on and pop on over to the pixelmon forums and post what I end up with.
Posted Image