Latest News Article

[1.6.4] Pixelmon 3.0.1 {February 18th 2014}

ssp smp forge pokemon mod awesome burnmagikarpburn 1.6.4

• Please log in to reply
12810 replies to this topic

Mr_Masochism

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

View PostGilard, on 20 November 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

Is it normal for the Pokedex to show the info on the Pixelmon yet doesn't show the model nor the text for back?
This is happening to me, though it's not that really a problem just rather odd, also I was wondering
is it possible to have commands to say, limit the spawning of pixelmons in a given area and limit there level as well?
Cause it's sorta hard to battle some with lv20 - 30 around some lv4 - 6.
Also wanted to get this question asked before I forget, when are the three legendary birds going to be added?

With the pokedex I believe that as you capture pokemon it should unlock pokemon for you

Register or log in to remove.

TomX
    TomX

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

View PostMr_Masochism, on 20 November 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

With the pokedex I believe that as you capture pokemon it should unlock pokemon for you
Oh, that's new...
Posted Image

TheGuyRados

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

Hum, I didn't know that either

snake2332

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

I like this mod even though I never played Pokemon (I'm 31 so I was too old when Pokemon became popular). However, I really REALLY like NEI and it crashes if I have PixelMon installed. I can run MC 1.4.5 + PixelMon fine with no other mods. I tried adding just NEI & CCC and it crashes when loading the level. Bummer because I can't play MC without NEI. Something with pixelmon.gui.GuiChooseStarter and NEI doesn't work together.

Crash report:
Spoiler:

thegofa
    thegofa

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1822 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

View PostSwimmingBird, on 20 November 2012 - 09:27 AM, said:

Here's the rate I use... 2 per chunk, with 93%. This makes them so they aren't everywhere, but they still spawn enough to make it so you don't go too long without seeing one. I feel like this makes them a lot more valuable too when you have to work a bit to find the rare ones. So far though I've found that no matter what the Water spawn rate remains set to the default. Also, be careful if you use a server since editing the config can lead to chunk reversion on the map.

I will give that a try, thanks for replying :)
TG :Diamond:
Posted Image

Mr_Masochism

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

View Postsnake2332, on 20 November 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

I like this mod even though I never played Pokemon (I'm 31 so I was too old when Pokemon became popular). However, I really REALLY like NEI and it crashes if I have PixelMon installed. I can run MC 1.4.5 + PixelMon fine with no other mods. I tried adding just NEI & CCC and it crashes when loading the level. Bummer because I can't play MC without NEI. Something with pixelmon.gui.GuiChooseStarter and NEI doesn't work together.

Crash report:
Spoiler:

NEI is unfortunately poorly written and rather difficult to provide compatibility with.  I'd suggest getting them to update to support us rather than the other way round.  You can however use TMI or recipe book mods to cover what NEI does and they do work with pixelmon (or so I've been told)

justin55555
  • Minecraft: Justin55555

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

TMI - for your spawning and building pleasures.
http://www.minecraft...19-save-update/
CraftGuide - for figuring out how to make dat , even though the recipes for this mod aren't hard.
http://www.minecraft...raftguide-v163/
Posted Image

Pretty_Wizard

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

Hey guys, just wanted to share my latest build. This is my version of a standard house that will (hopefully) be used in the upcoming villages! Let me know what you think!

Outside:

Spoiler:

First floor:

Spoiler:

Second floor:

Spoiler:

I'm not exceptionally pleased with the outside, but building strictly with wool for the exterior is really, really difficult. If anyone is wondering, I'm trying to avoid using stone/wood/brick in my buildings. I just think vibrant colors work better for a Pokémon-style abode.

Also, everyone should head over to http://pixelmon.free...ings-t1521.html and submit their own buildings! I go by "Twisted Knickers" on those forums.

SPG
    SPG

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3656 posts
  • Minecraft: SpalkiaG

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

View PostPretty_Wizard, on 20 November 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

Hey guys, just wanted to share my latest build. This is my version of a standard house that will (hopefully) be used in the upcoming villages! Let me know what you think!

Outside:

Spoiler:

First floor:

Spoiler:

Second floor:

Spoiler:

I'm not exceptionally pleased with the outside, but building strictly with wool for the exterior is really, really difficult. If anyone is wondering, I'm trying to avoid using stone/wood/brick in my buildings. I just think vibrant colors work better for a Pokémon-style abode.

Also, everyone should head over to http://pixelmon.free...ings-t1521.html and submit their own buildings! I go by "Twisted Knickers" on those forums.
not going to lie, it looks like junk, you used a bit too much wool
Posted Image
Lead Modeler/Admin of Pixelmon

justin55555
  • Minecraft: Justin55555

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

Outside:

Spoiler:

First floor:

Spoiler:

Second floor:

Spoiler:

Honestly I agree with SPG. If it were made of the same colors but out of a different material, it'd be great, but one match or lightning strike and the house or village burns down? not very appealing to anyone, having that happen. Good design though.
Posted Image

Baku_the_Enderman
  • Minecraft: Bakuopp

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

Outside:

Spoiler:

First floor:

Spoiler:

Second floor:

Spoiler:

Good design, but the massive amounts of wool is what I'm worried about, and knowing me, if I got my hands on a flint and steel, I'd burn that sucker down! NPCs homeless? I'll make them a cobble, wood, and lapis house of the same design! Perhaps try to make the blue bits out of lapis and the white bits out of stone bricks or stone slabs? Just suggestions.
Click to help raise an egg.Posted Image

thegofa
    thegofa

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1822 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

View PostSwimmingBird, on 20 November 2012 - 09:27 AM, said:

Here's the rate I use... 2 per chunk, with 93%. This makes them so they aren't everywhere, but they still spawn enough to make it so you don't go too long without seeing one. I feel like this makes them a lot more valuable too when you have to work a bit to find the rare ones. So far though I've found that no matter what the Water spawn rate remains set to the default. Also, be careful if you use a server since editing the config can lead to chunk reversion on the map.

Thanks dude, thats a really good setup with 2 per chunk and 93% wont spawn, got just enough to keep my hunting !!

Now if only the sea pokemon went by the same formula as land, ive still got waters filled up with tentacool and lapris.

My house is by the beach and I can see 9 trainers in the water, maybe theyre not using the config formula either?

Anyway thanks SwimmingBird.
TG :Diamond:
Posted Image

SwimmingBird

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

View PostJakus25, on 20 November 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

I tried forge universal version 6.3.0.372 and   Optifine 1.4.4_HD_U_D2

It seems to work but then dies as its trying to load the world. Does anyone know what version numbers are compatible?

I think the recommended Forge right now is 6.3.0.373 for Pixelmon.

surfnmom
    surfnmom

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

Hi have a question and maybe someone can tell me or give me link to the thread if its been fixed. Have turned vanilla mobs back on in the server, and everytime I put a cow or sheep in my game, they disappear.  How do I keep them in the game. Thank you for any help, I have seached and can not find out why they just disappear . Running mincraft 1.4.4 and pixelmon 1.8.3 nothing else

SwimmingBird

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

View Postthegofa, on 21 November 2012 - 12:08 AM, said:

Thanks dude, thats a really good setup with 2 per chunk and 93% wont spawn, got just enough to keep my hunting !!

Now if only the sea pokemon went by the same formula as land, ive still got waters filled up with tentacool and lapris.

My house is by the beach and I can see 9 trainers in the water, maybe theyre not using the config formula either?

Anyway thanks SwimmingBird.
TG Posted Image

Awesome, glad it's working well for you! I messed with it a lot to try & get the spawn rate perfect for my server, but with the water spawn rate the players seem to have an abundance of Water types haha. Some of the Fishermen spawn in the water, so they seem to follow the same formula as the water-dwelling Pokémon.

Mr_Masochism

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

View Postsurfnmom, on 21 November 2012 - 12:13 AM, said:

Hi have a question and maybe someone can tell me or give me link to the thread if its been fixed. Have turned vanilla mobs back on in the server, and everytime I put a cow or sheep in my game, they disappear.  How do I keep them in the game. Thank you for any help, I have seached and can not find out why they just disappear . Running mincraft 1.4.4 and pixelmon 1.8.3 nothing else

To be honest, none of our development team run it like this or our testers so I really wouldn't have any idea if it works at all

View PostSwimmingBird, on 21 November 2012 - 12:15 AM, said:

Awesome, glad it's working well for you! I messed with it a lot to try & get the spawn rate perfect for my server, but with the water spawn rate the players seem to have an abundance of Water types haha. Some of the Fishermen spawn in the water, so they seem to follow the same formula as the water-dwelling Pokémon.

They don't actually, it's just when someone decided to add them to the database they told them to spawn in the ocean

SmokeDog98
  • Minecraft: PhillyxOzzy
  • Xbox:SmokeDog98

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

Dose pixelmon 1.8.3 work on mc 1.4.5 before i update

surfnmom
    surfnmom

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

Thank you for the quick response, If you ever do run it that way and find out why they just disappear please post. Again thank you for replying

Mr_Masochism

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

View PostSmokeDog98, on 21 November 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

Dose pixelmon 1.8.3 work on mc 1.4.5 before i update

No idea.  Let us know when you find out

I should say though that the initial reports from mojang were that 1.4.5 wouldn't be incompatible with anything as all they did was fix LAN mode

Ben5995
    Ben5995

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

View PostMr_Masochism, on 20 November 2012 - 03:22 AM, said:

download the new version
i did