Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Server Problem, Can't reach server.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Bart7193
  • Minecraft: Bart7193

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

A few weeks ago my server stopped working for some reason. I started it up and it went well but when I went into Minecraft it says "Polling... Can't reach server".

I also have a Bukkit server but when I load it up it comes up with these weird error messages even though I have updated it and deleted all the old plugins.

Does anyone know how I can fix my server?
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Bart7193

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:15 PM

So, does anyone know how I can fix my Server? No replies yet.
Posted Image

ixcesal
    ixcesal

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Minecraft: ixcesal

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

Without access to console and logs is very difficult to solve your problem.

Bart7193

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

View Postixcesal, on 09 June 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

Without access to console and logs is very difficult to solve your problem.

Thanks, but I don't know what that means
Posted Image

ixcesal
    ixcesal

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:51 PM

So, it is becouse you don't should to start your own server :)

Bart7193

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

View Postixcesal, on 09 June 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

So, it is becouse you don't should to start your own server Posted Image

I do have a server, It says "Done" and it doesn't have any of those can't keep up errors. Maybe I need to restart my computer.
Posted Image

noly121
    noly121

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Minecraft: Noly121

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

maybe you are using a snapshot on your client. try force updating, making sure your server is still port forwarded and, make sure your server doesn't have a dynamic IP address.

Bart7193

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:23 PM

View Postnoly121, on 09 June 2012 - 09:12 PM, said:

maybe you are using a snapshot on your client. try force updating, making sure your server is still port forwarded and, make sure your server doesn't have a dynamic IP address.

Oh, ok. It may be on the latest snapshot since I used it a few weeks ago! I'll try it now.
Posted Image

Bart7193

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

No, I downloaded the Minecraft server.exe on Minecraft.net and when I loaded up the server it went to "Done" and it still didn't work (It was the 1.2.5 server version). I'll keep trying to find a solution.
Posted Image

Bart7193

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:37 PM

My server still doesn't work, I really don't know what's wrong with it. I port-fowarded and it went well. But It still doesn't work.
Posted Image

Bart7193

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:22 AM

My server is still port-fowarded, I'm not sure what a dynamic IP address is. But my server still doesn't work, still looking for solutions.
Posted Image

Bart7193

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

So what is this 127.0.0.1 thing supposed to mean? I know it is an IP address thing but can it fix my server issue?
Posted Image

ixcesal
    ixcesal

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:19 AM

Step by step:
http://www.minecraft...k-and-internet/

hotelmason
  • Minecraft: hotelmason

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:49 AM

View PostBart7193, on 10 June 2012 - 08:41 AM, said:

So what is this 127.0.0.1 thing supposed to mean? I know it is an IP address thing but can it fix my server issue?
Well. It seems like we have a problem. Basically, 127.0.0.1 is localhost, meaning your own computer. 192.168.0.1-100 is your router loopback/configuration, and you can find out your dynamic IP by typing in "What is my IP?" (no quotes) into Google. Hopefully this helped.
Did I help you any? If I did, click that + button down there! :) Posted Image
Is Minecraft online? See this to find out: http://checkmymc.webs.com/

cpfuzzy
    cpfuzzy

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Minecraft: cpaxe97

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

Same problem here this is there 4th or 5th this 2 months they need to fix there problems they have I am ticked off they keep going down
Posted Image

RoDeLoPo
    RoDeLoPo

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

Don't know if you were able to fix it or not, but I'm going to post here what is probably the solution. Ok, so before I give you that possible solution, let's talk about your IP. This is the number you were using for you and your friends to connect to your server. The problem is, from time to time, that number changes, and, therefore, you can't connect anymore, and neither can your frineds. So first thing first, in your minecraft, change your server's IP adress you this: localhost. Basically, instead of using your IP in your "Server Adress", just type in "localhost". This will make things much simpler, and you should be able to connect. Now, I assume you play with your friends, but they are unable to connect as well. They were using your external IP, right? Funny thing, in hotelmason's comment, there is a widget (if you can call it that, not really sure what it is, actually) that says "Your IP is <a number>". Yeah, that's your extarnal IP. It changed, so that's why no one is able to connect. What you want to do is tell your friends that new external IP. They will change it in their Minecraft, and should be able to connect. So, once again, IPs, both internal and external, can change form time to time (usually in one or two months). When using port forwarding, you have to deal with that. I understand that, next time it changes, you want come looking for hotelmason's post to find out what the new IP is, so use this website: http://www.ipchicken.com/. And of course, make sure your ports are forwarded correctly. :)
I'm here to help! :D

Bart7193

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

View PostRoDeLoPo, on 10 June 2012 - 04:41 PM, said:

Don't know if you were able to fix it or not, but I'm going to post here what is probably the solution. Ok, so before I give you that possible solution, let's talk about your IP. This is the number you were using for you and your friends to connect to your server. The problem is, from time to time, that number changes, and, therefore, you can't connect anymore, and neither can your frineds. So first thing first, in your minecraft, change your server's IP adress you this: localhost. Basically, instead of using your IP in your "Server Adress", just type in "localhost". This will make things much simpler, and you should be able to connect. Now, I assume you play with your friends, but they are unable to connect as well. They were using your external IP, right? Funny thing, in hotelmason's comment, there is a widget (if you can call it that, not really sure what it is, actually) that says "Your IP is <a number>". Yeah, that's your extarnal IP. It changed, so that's why no one is able to connect. What you want to do is tell your friends that new external IP. They will change it in their Minecraft, and should be able to connect. So, once again, IPs, both internal and external, can change form time to time (usually in one or two months). When using port forwarding, you have to deal with that. I understand that, next time it changes, you want come looking for hotelmason's post to find out what the new IP is, so use this website: http://www.ipchicken.com/. And of course, make sure your ports are forwarded correctly. Posted Image

View Posthotelmason, on 10 June 2012 - 11:49 AM, said:

Well. It seems like we have a problem. Basically, 127.0.0.1 is localhost, meaning your own computer. 192.168.0.1-100 is your router loopback/configuration, and you can find out your dynamic IP by typing in "What is my IP?" (no quotes) into Google. Hopefully this helped.

I do you IP Chicken to see if the IP has changed. I typed in localhost into my server and it said "Can't reach server" then I went in and then it said "Can't connect to server. Connection refused: Connect" Do you need a friend to type in the IP address that I get from IP Chicken?

Also there are errors in my Bukkit server, if you go to the top of the page you can see what's wrong with my Bukkit server.

View Postixcesal, on 10 June 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

I was looking at that last night ixcesal and I was look at how to open ports, then I came to the use 127.0.0.1 into the windows firewall thing. I  was using the computer where I have the server at that time, I know 127.0.0.1 is localhost. I wasn't sure if I could use it or not.
Posted Image

RoDeLoPo
    RoDeLoPo

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:22 PM

You had two servers running simuntaniously? That can be problematic. Anyway, I don't feel like I should comment about your Bukkit server, since I am not very experienced with Bukkit. Plus, without a log of the errors, it would be very hard to know what the problem is. I would reccomend you posting the log so that people can know what is the problem. Just copy and paste what happens when you start the server until it crashes.
You did type localhost into the server ADDRESS, not name, right? And tried accessing it while it was running (but not running both servers)? You also don't have anything in server-ip, on server.properties, right? Also, is your minecraft and server updated?
I'm here to help! :D

Bart7193

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:17 AM

View PostRoDeLoPo, on 10 June 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

You had two servers running simuntaniously? That can be problematic. Anyway, I don't feel like I should comment about your Bukkit server, since I am not very experienced with Bukkit. Plus, without a log of the errors, it would be very hard to know what the problem is. I would reccomend you posting the log so that people can know what is the problem. Just copy and paste what happens when you start the server until it crashes.
You did type localhost into the server ADDRESS, not name, right? And tried accessing it while it was running (but not running both servers)? You also don't have anything in server-ip, on server.properties, right? Also, is your minecraft and server updated?

I can't seem to copy and paste the Bukkit problem though. My server is updated to 1.2.5 and so is my Minecraft. There is nothing in server-ip, I just checked.
Posted Image

Bart7193

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

View PostBart7193, on 11 June 2012 - 04:17 AM, said:

I can't seem to copy and paste the Bukkit problem though. My server is updated to 1.2.5 and so is my Minecraft. There is nothing in server-ip, I just checked.

Still doesn't work, maybe I should delete Bukkit... Is that a good idea?
Posted Image