• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Can't find blaze...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

XxXCcaderXxX

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:57 PM

You need an ender pearl and some blaze powder to make an eye of ender which shows you where fortresses are, but you can't seem to find a blaze without being in a nether fortress.  Is there anywhere else that blazes spawn because i can't find a blaze outside of one.

Register or log in to remove.

Jaxion08
  • Minecraft: The4thHorsemen

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

eye of ender doesn't show you where a nether fortress is, it shows you where a end portal is, which is located in strongholds, which are located in the overworld.

you just have to find a nether fortress the old fashioned way: look

DontStealMyBacon
  • Minecraft: DontStealMyBacon

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

Yep, ender eyes only function in the overworld, they have no purpose at all in the nether. Just keep exploring your nether until you find a spawner
Posted Image

IronMagus

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:00 PM

The wiki says that blazes can occasionally be found in the nether away from a spawner, but I've never seen it myself. You may just have to keep exploring until you find a nether fortress.  I've heard they tend to generate in "strips" along the north-south (z) axis, so you should explore along the x axis (east-west) or diagonally, lest you keep going on forever without finding a fortress because you are between two of these "strips."
Village Mechanics: A not-so-brief guide - Update for 1.4! Added subsection on iron farming to the iron golems section. Only ten villagers required to spawn golems (down from sixteen)! Put to rest the "facing doors cancel each other" myth!

View PostTechdolphin, on 30 September 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

If you say plz because it is shorter than please, I will say no because it is shorter than yes.

TheOOB
    TheOOB

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:28 PM

From what I understand, Blaze's only spawn in Nether Fortresses. They don't need a spawner, but most fortresses do have a spawner.

holidayinn252
  • Minecraft: holidayinn252

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

only in nether fortresses buddy
Posted Image
Message me creative ideas to add to my underground base!

Kellbyb
    Kellbyb

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Minecraft: kellbyb

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

View PostDontStealMyBacon, on 04 June 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

Yep, ender eyes only function in the overworld, they have no purpose at all in the nether. Just keep exploring your nether until you find a spawner

Ender pearls do work in the nether. There's a very interesting ender pearl golf course that is all in the lower realm.

IronMagus

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:30 PM

View PostKellbyb, on 04 June 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

Ender pearls do work in the nether. There's a very interesting ender pearl golf course that is all in the lower realm.

Ender Pearls =/= Eyes of Ender.  One is used for teleporting and to craft the other, the other is used for finding strongholds and activating their end portals.
Village Mechanics: A not-so-brief guide - Update for 1.4! Added subsection on iron farming to the iron golems section. Only ten villagers required to spawn golems (down from sixteen)! Put to rest the "facing doors cancel each other" myth!

View PostTechdolphin, on 30 September 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

If you say plz because it is shorter than please, I will say no because it is shorter than yes.

justin_0lb

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:53 AM

In the nether, you will find a nether fortress after roaming around, then explore it and remember how you got in, and you should find blaze people inside, but there is usually a spawner somewhere in the fortress. Maybe even build a mobivator system around the spawner ad you could mass murder them faster and more efficiently :D Hope this helps you somehow. Quote this if you want my simple design for a spawner trap :)
Posted Image
Help me feed my dragon :)

STRONGWARRI0R

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

View PostXxXCcaderXxX, on 04 June 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

You need an ender pearl and some blaze powder to make an eye of ender which shows you where fortresses are, but you can't seem to find a blaze without being in a nether fortress.  Is there anywhere else that blazes spawn because i can't find a blaze outside of one.
i can't find blazes in the fortress anywhere!!! So I'm stuck too