Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How do other people join my MC server?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Zwiebelritter

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:41 PM

Hi guys,

so i set up a simple server using minecraft server.exe. I connect myself to my server by typing "localhost" into the IP field. But what´s the ip adress the other player has to enter in order to join my server. It doesn´t work with my IP.

When looking into the server.properties, the field behind "server-ip=" is blank.

What is the ip adress to my server?

Register or log in to remove.

poisonedfate

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:14 PM

I'm doing the same thing you are. tbh I have no idea. I'm just learning this stuff too.

Oh hey, did you read the first topic up on the board? I think that may be the right way to do it.
Plus, make sure you edit your server.properties file so you can customize your stuff.

albinsson
  • Minecraft: Albinsson

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:32 PM

I have the same problem, I don't seem to find the "external url" so others can join. The stickied post about this says that you should look for a text file named Externalur to get it but I can't find none like it.

My server ip was also was blank in the server properties txt, is this the problem or is it normal?

I have the newest server software by the way, so it should not be out-dated.

Iskill
    Iskill

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:52 AM

It most likely doesn't work with your IP because you have not port forwarded correctly.

porkmonstr

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:00 AM

first off have you port forwarded? if you have, enter your local computer ip for the server ip in the server.properties file for instance mine is 192.168.0.111 to find out yours open cmd and type in ipconfig it should show your local ip for your computer (the ip you'll put in the server properties file).  then while your still in cmd look for your external ip (the ip other people outside your house will type in)

Zwiebelritter

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:26 PM

The server ip is the host´s external ip, that´s what i could find out. The externalurl file contains the server url for the browser based MC, it´s not an actual server address.

i´ve forwarded port 25565 correctly. We are 2 guys playing MC here, when my buddy opens up a server, i can join his server, but he gets timeout when tying to join my server, the router forward rules apply for both pc, so i can´t understand why it works only one way.

Echo6xRiot

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:20 PM

anyone have a link on how to port forward? cause im just trying to set up a server for me and my friend to play on but i need to get it open for him to join

oug
    oug

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:42 PM

Look for your router model on http://portforward.com/ and follow the steps :)

:@

CrazyownsMinecraft

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

View Postalbinsson, on 13 January 2011 - 10:32 PM, said:

I have the same problem, I don't seem to find the "external url" so others can join. The stickied post about this says that you should look for a text file named Externalur to get it but I can't find none like it.

My server ip was also was blank in the server properties txt, is this the problem or is it normal?

I have the newest server software by the way, so it should not be out-dated.
Use your ipv4 Adress To Use It It is not a problem it does that normally

Phyore
    Phyore

Support Guru

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:39 PM

Have a look at this forum: http://www.minecraft...-with-pictures/ Comes with pictures and all, if you wanted to save the hassel and rent one for $8 a month which is very cheap and works very well. You should check out NitroHost
That sure is a nice forum you have there. It would be a shame if anything happened to it.
[MCS-Hub] Minecraft Server Hub :: All your server needs!
Posted Image

MineTightChannelVids
  • Minecraft: MineTightVids

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:36 AM

I'm Stuck here too i just want to know how do people join my mc server

Posted Image