• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Frondome
    Frondome

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

I recently bought Minecraft and when I try to load my game, it comes up with the message "could not create the Java Virtual Machine". I am using Windows 7 - 64 bit.

Register or log in to remove.

RossiTheNugget

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:11 AM

Do you have the 64 bit Java?

Posted Image

Frondome
    Frondome

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

View PostRossiTheNugget, on 03 June 2012 - 10:11 AM, said:

Do you have the 64 bit Java?

Thank you, I feel like such an idiot now

RossiTheNugget

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:18 PM

View PostFrondome, on 03 June 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

Thank you, I feel like such an idiot now

Ahaha, no problem Posted Image If I've helped, mind giving me some rep?

Posted Image

Healex2
    Healex2

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

If the above solution does not work for anyone, try the solution below that I have already posted on another page, so the first paragraph may seem worded slightly odd.

If this is the "Could not create the Java Virtual Machine" error, then here's a slightly more involved solution that works with the latest Java in Minecraft 1.2.5 Full Release. This is only made to work until Minecraft updates to the new Java, then the old Minecraft.exe should work again.

Now for how to patch the problem. First of all, since this is updating code, you need to download
Java JDK (Java development Kit) jdk7-source-1634015.html from Java so it works properly. After that's downloaded, pull up notepad and type in:

java -Xms650m -jar "C:\Documents and Settings\Example Filepath\minecraft.exe

but with whatever file path leads to your minecraft.exe file, which varies per system. Now save this as Minecraft.bat and place it on your desktop for ease of access. If everything has been done right, this file on your desktop can now be used in place of your Minecraft.exe file on your desktop, but ONLY as a launcher; keep the .exe file there!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Credits to the multiple YouTube videos and other sources that helped me find this answer to this problem. If I have missed any information please comment.

Aceeeeee
  • Minecraft: Aceeeeee

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:25 AM

View PostHealex2, on 03 June 2012 - 08:54 PM, said:

If the above solution does not work for anyone, try the solution below that I have already posted on another page, so the first paragraph may seem worded slightly odd.

If this is the "Could not create the Java Virtual Machine" error, then here's a slightly more involved solution that works with the latest Java in Minecraft 1.2.5 Full Release. This is only made to work until Minecraft updates to the new Java, then the old Minecraft.exe should work again.

Now for how to patch the problem. First of all, since this is updating code, you need to download
Java JDK (Java development Kit) jdk7-source-1634015.html from Java so it works properly. After that's downloaded, pull up notepad and type in:

but with whatever file path leads to your minecraft.exe file, which varies per system. Now save this as Minecraft.bat and place it on your desktop for ease of access. If everything has been done right, this file on your desktop can now be used in place of your Minecraft.exe file on your desktop, but ONLY as a launcher; keep the .exe file there!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Credits to the multiple YouTube videos and other sources that helped me find this answer to this problem. If I have missed any information please comment.

I love you <3

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Also go to: %appdata% -> .minecraft -> options.txt
and on the 16th line (I think) there's an fpslimit, higher it up a bit, it boosted mine!
Proudly protecting customers against fraudulent server providers. #HostChatFoundation

insomniac_lemon
  • Minecraft: insomniac_lemon

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:13 AM

I'm having a similar issue. This message will randomly appear every once in a while "Could not create Java Virtual Machine", at times when I don't even have a program open. I have inconsistent lag with Minecraft. Sometimes I will log in and get around 15 FPS, other times I will log in and get 70-100 FPS. Doesn't matter what programs are running, but sometimes logging of/restarting my computer will help.

I have 64bit Java, I was having the issue a few days ago, then I got a notification for Java 6 update 33 and after that finished the lag was gone, I shut my computer down, and now it is back.

If anyone could point me towards a thread that could help me that'd be great, or offer suggestions that will help.

Although it is probably just a bug caused by the snapshots, as that is when I first started seeing it (in snapshots after 1.2.5).
I didn't see the bug in 12w23b, though.

EDIT: Uninstalled all Java versions and installed Java 7 Update 5 (64-bit) and it is still lagging.

Posted Image

starlinvf
    starlinvf

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3169 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:33 AM

@insomniac_lemon  sounds like a heat issue if its that inconsistent.

insomniac_lemon
  • Minecraft: insomniac_lemon

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:38 AM

View Poststarlinvf, on 21 June 2012 - 03:33 AM, said:

@insomniac_lemon  sounds like a heat issue if its that inconsistent.

It shouldn't be.... it can happen right after I start my computer, or stop after I log off/restart.
And like I said, I updated and it temporarily fixed itself.

I don't have any other issues with my computer, my GPU fan is running full blast, and my home is air conditioned.

Posted Image

cooldudefred

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:31 PM

View PostHealex2, on 03 June 2012 - 08:54 PM, said:

You are the best

xXzombiexeffectXx

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

well one again a .BAT!!!! file failed to work....come on guys i need something other then a .bat file please help ive even slaved to get JDK JAVA 7 JAVA 6 and other things. iv'e even tried the java error test.
do i need to reboot for jdk to take effect?
should i uninstall all my java's the put one of them on?
is there any way to patch the error manually without a .bat file? please respond someone

or is it possible to downgrade minecraft to keep away from the error untill oracle fixes java to not give us this error please reply to me soon guys please.

starlinvf
    starlinvf

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3169 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

Your not giving enough useful info to on....  it just sounds like your trying random ideas without relevance to the issue, and looking at your post history, your not even following typed instructions correctly.

justicecracker

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

Ok I downloaded jdk7-source-1634015.html

and I made a new notepad with what is below in it.

java -Xms650m -jar "C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\minecraft.exe

saved it as Minecraft.bat

and it doesnt work.

kokoznoob
  • Minecraft: kokoznoob

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

I know exactly what you need. This happened to me and nothing worked ... Download and Install: http://filehippo.com/download_jre_64/ click on "Download
Latest Version". Or click here to download directly!

gerbil
    gerbil

Support Guru

• Members
  • 4908 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

There is no reason for anyone to download some virus infected JRE from a file sharing site, when it is freely available from java.com

zaiah123
    zaiah123

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

Ive tryed and tryed and i just got minecraft i just cant get it to work it still says ERROR:could not create so so so
im about to give up and not play minecraft i baught a gift card but i want to fix MC before i use it so im about to give it away so plz tell me a advanced way to fix it nothing seems to work  Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Bren_the_awesome

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

can you please help me i dont have my .minecraft on my computer it got lost so what do i do

AbeTheMudokon

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:14 AM

ok so i launched minecraft yesterday and this window popped up saying Error could not create java virtual machine. i thought oh it might be something to do with mojang or java so  i left it and this morning same thing happneed. i google searchd a solution and this popped up so i did some sugestions and now i have java 6 not 7 but now it pops up with error could not create java virtual machine
                                       error a fatal exception has occured program will now exit
i am on windows xp cant update to windows 7 and i dont no how to check what bit im running (e.g 32, 64) plz help me i really wanna get back on minecraft