• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

xm58
    xm58

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

hey i builded 9 maps in game and i saw in the wiki that you can combine them but i dont know how.help?

Register or log in to remove.

drdofun
    drdofun

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 365 posts
  • Minecraft: drdofun

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

I dont think you can combine them...
Posted Image

awesomeness04

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

As far as I know, you can't.

Kholdstare
    Kholdstare

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4843 posts
  • Location: I could probably put an overused/bad joke here, but instead I put this when I should be telling the world my location.
  • Minecraft: Giygas924

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

Remember that the wiki is unreliable. All wikis are.

Posted ImageDid something happen to you in your childhood to give you this unreasonable fear of rutabaga?Posted Image‚Äč

daydrifter
  • Minecraft: daydrifter26

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

Yeah, always be careful with wikis. I went to the Minecraft wiki page for Nether Fortresses yesterday and it looks like a troll got a hold of it. There were some random letters and a very bad word on there, like they deleted some letters or something. It's fixed now, however.

I do see what you are talking about though. There is an image someone made that connected nine maps together on the wiki. They pasted the images of the maps into MSPaint to make a single image, but sadly, there is no way to easily do that in the game. The player must have figured out where to craft each map to make it go together so seamlessly. Kind of misleading for newbies. :/

Posted Image

FillyRarity

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

Erm... I gather your reading wiki's. The minecraft wiki page on maps is accurate and I think you've read something wrong. You CAN'T combine maps.

Fear me, for I am cheese.

Boundegar
    Boundegar

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4820 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

With screen shots and MS Paint.

mazzcomm5

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

I have done this a lot... kind of.  I use a map editor to copy out large chunks of my old maps and paste them into new maps.  Make sure you have a lot of processing power and backups, backups, backups.

Something that I have not tried but I think would work is to take your old map and transfer the location to an area far away that does not overlap with a location in your current map and also far into unexplored space.  The game will then reconcile the ground levels and caves the same way it does when it generates the area between a long Nether trip.

rodabon
    rodabon

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7187 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

View Postmazzcomm5, on 05 July 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

I have done this a lot... kind of.  I use a map editor to copy out large chunks of my old maps and paste them into new maps.  Make sure you have a lot of processing power and backups, backups, backups.

Something that I have not tried but I think would work is to take your old map and transfer the location to an area far away that does not overlap with a location in your current map and also far into unexplored space.  The game will then reconcile the ground levels and caves the same way it does when it generates the area between a long Nether trip.
Why did you bump this month old thread to post that?

Anyway the OP's not talking about combining world file data, he's talking about map items from the game and wants to combining them into one big map.  Thats why he says 9, 3X3 = 9.
Re: 3D Minecraft - Anyone tried it?
by c0yote  

I tried it with terrible results. I gave my wife my glasses for a second, a creeper showed up and now my wife is pregnant.
Stupid 3D..