• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

NoCheat+ not blocking Forcefield

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

lolitsthad

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:09 AM

Found out today that NoCheat+ isn't blocking the Nodus forcefield and you can easily hit people out of range with it. It stops SOME of it, to the point where the victim can still get some hits on you, but assuming they have the fastest trigger finger in the world they'll still only hit you about 75% as many times as you hit them (at best ... in reality it's more like 50%). So the forcefielder is basically guaranteed to win every fight against people with similar gear.

I'm using the default settings for reach:

reach:
	  active: true
	  distance: 400
	  penaltytime: 500
	  actions: cancel vl>10 log:freach:2:5:if cancel

Is there any way to configure it to work correctly?

◄◄◄
If you have interesting maps/mods feel free to message them to me if you'd like me to do an LP/spotlight

Register or log in to remove.

epicadmin
  • Minecraft: epicbobman
  • Xbox:coolgeek1

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:35 AM

I suggest asking in the comments of the plugin (or making a ticket).
Want to own a minecraft server?
http://www.minecraft...necraft-server/

xhardcorekid135
  • Minecraft: xhardcorekid135

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:46 AM

Well first of all NC+ or any anti cheat plugin isn't a replacement for active staff, there's no magic fix that you can drag and drop and stop all hacks, all they do is watch players for suspicious behavior. The "angle" check is experimental which is why it may not be working as you'd expect. The best thing to do is play around with the config and try setting stricter values. I would start by lowering your threshold under the angle check.

Spoiler:

> implying I have a signature

Minecraft Hosting

DziNeIT
    DziNeIT

Diamond Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 885 posts
  • Minecraft: PandazNWafflez
  • Xbox:Ideal DziNe

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:47 AM

The latest version of NCP (released 20 days ago) contains a much better check against Forcefield. If you don't have that, get it.

bbqroast
    bbqroast

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:13 AM

Kind of hard to manage. You'd have to check if the hit player in question is in front of the attacking player which would be rather complex. And considering I've seen people walking around with their heads on backwards I imagine you'd end up with some pissed off players moaning about how the server randomly kicks them when they attack people.
"Terminator like robots may one day rule the world, as long as they don't run Windows Vista"

DziNeIT
    DziNeIT

Diamond Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 885 posts
  • Minecraft: PandazNWafflez
  • Xbox:Ideal DziNe

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

View Postbbqroast, on 03 June 2012 - 07:13 AM, said:

Kind of hard to manage. You'd have to check if the hit player in question is in front of the attacking player which would be rather complex. And considering I've seen people walking around with their heads on backwards I imagine you'd end up with some pissed off players moaning about how the server randomly kicks them when they attack people.

The problem is that the good clients tell NoCheat/NCP they are looking at whoever they are attacking, when client-side they're not, NoCheat & NCP by default allow for 15 angle changes per second, and any less would spam server admins with false messages. What you are saying is something NoCheatPlus already does, but it's easy to bypass with a few look packets.

lolitsthad

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

The problem isn't so much about people attacking people from the wrong angles, it's attacking people out of range. For example if you're planning to 1v1 someone, you can turn forcefield on before the fight and intentionally face them the entire time so it doesn't look suspicious, and you'll be able to hit them from a longer range than they can hit you, so you'll win.

◄◄◄
If you have interesting maps/mods feel free to message them to me if you'd like me to do an LP/spotlight