Malivil

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 333 posts
  • Minecraft: Malivil

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

Yea, I read that.

I only posted because (as far as I can remember) that message existed before the version of Forge which uses this class, so I wasn't sure if it was still valid.

Sorry for wasting your time.

Register or log in to remove.

fishtaco567
  • Minecraft: fishtaco567

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:07 AM

Tropicraft now uses this mod.
Developer of
  Posted Image

Divisor
    Divisor

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1540 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

View Postfishtaco567, on 21 October 2012 - 03:07 AM, said:

Tropicraft now uses this mod.
Listed - thanks for relying on Render Player API :)
Posted Image
Not Minecraft-related, I know - but the author wants more readers - and to be honest, he deserves them!

castielq
    castielq

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1431 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

Hey Divisor will you update RenderPlayerAPI on 1.4.2 soon ?
I am not rude, i'm just telling the truth, with lies you will never win ! ~ by Castielq
Posted Image

Divisor
    Divisor

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1540 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

Released Render Player API for Minecraft 1.4.2.
Posted Image
Not Minecraft-related, I know - but the author wants more readers - and to be honest, he deserves them!

Divisor
    Divisor

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1540 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Released version 1.1 - Fixed method naming.
Posted Image

Myschief

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:23 AM

What is the Forge version that this new 1.4.2 version updates?

Since both Forge and this API edit the same base class (baq), I want to be sure that installing this does not overwright the changes made by Forge that might be needed by any other mods...

Thanks

Divisor
    Divisor

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1540 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

View PostMyschief, on 29 October 2012 - 05:23 AM, said:

What is the Forge version that this new 1.4.2 version updates?

Since both Forge and this API edit the same base class (baq), I want to be sure that installing this does not overwright the changes made by Forge that might be needed by any other mods...

Thanks
-> Opening Post
-> Chapter 'Installation'
-> Section 'Incompatibilities'
Posted Image

Myschief

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostDivisor, on 29 October 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

-> Opening Post
-> Chapter 'Installation'
-> Section 'Incompatibilities'

I read that you indicate it is compatible, but how does this work when there are Forge versions that were released after yours that includes the same modified base file?  Do you update your version to be sure and incorporate the changes made by Forge?  If so, then which Forge version does your file update?

If not, then this could be an issue if Forge (or a Forge-compatible mod) expects to see code that is no longer there because your base class over-writes it.

Please know that I am not trying to be difficult, I'm just trying to better understand.  I am not a modder, but I use quite a few different mods (about 50).  Forge offers me the ability to drastically reduce imcompatibilties and thus run more mods than I ever could before.  That being said, nothing is perfect and I still run into some issues from time to time, thus I keep a close eye on what base files are being modded and by what mods.  Just because Minecraft doesn't outright crash and mods may appear to work together at the onset, doesn't necessarily mean that all functionality actually works and the mods are compatible.

Divisor
    Divisor

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1540 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

View PostMyschief, on 29 October 2012 - 05:27 PM, said:

I read that you indicate it is compatible, but how does this work when there are Forge versions that were released after yours that includes the same modified base file?
As long as the code inside the Minecraft Forge file in question does not change.

Do you update your version to be sure and incorporate the changes made by Forge?
Only if necessary (also see above)

If so, then which Forge version does your file update?
All recommended versions for Minecraft 1.4.2 so far (that would be version 6.0.1.349 or lower).
Posted Image

Corosus
    Corosus

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

Hmm, using Forge 332 I noticed FML was complaining about RenderPlayer.armorFilenamePrefix being private, though we are using rpapi 1.0 still, if this has been fixed in 1.1, disregard.

Also, why do you not provide the source code? If part of the instructions is to decompile with mcp AND THEN use those source files on a forge install, why not just save us the time and give us those mcp decompiled java files? Short of the usual easy to deal with mcp naming updates I see no downside of it. The first thing I always do with RPAPI after a decompile is upload the source files for my teammates to use to save time of a tedious decompile.

Myschief

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

Thank you so much for explaining!  I really appreciate this so now, when my "UberModofAmazingFunctionality" updates next week, or next month, or whenever, and it needs say Forge version 438, I know to be sure and keep an eye out for an update on this one Posted Image

Mr_person1234321
  • Minecraft: Mattomanx77

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:00 PM

I installed forge just how i was suppost to, installed SMM and its required mods, and i got it to start up. for some reason, I cant use any of smart movement's features!
EDIT:
To be specific, it says i have smart movement installed. I go into a world, but i cant super jump, crawl, grab, ect... (i just realised i posted this in render api, not smartmovment. Sorry!)
Member of the sky army.

HoBoS_TaCo
    HoBoS_TaCo

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 591 posts
  • Minecraft: HoBoS_TaCo
  • Xbox:HoBoS TaCo

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

I'd love it if you submitted a pull request with forge to have something similar to this added in.

Divisor
    Divisor

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1540 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Released version 1.3 - Improved Minecraft Forge compatibility and render player base registration robustness.

Thanks to Corosus for telling me about an incompatibility with Minecraft Forge.
Posted Image

Mike_Hunt1337

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

Hi, I just encountered an error while using this in conjunction with Minecraft forge for 1.4.2, while the API file being 1.2.
It said the 'baq' isn't compatible with forge, what should I do to have these two running together while using mcpatcher?

Cod_King_Creeper

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

can you add more enchantments to the mod list for the api and also fix it so we can play lan again PLEASE

Overlordzzz
  • Minecraft: SN1P3Rassassin

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:24 AM

Do you know when it will update?

Divisor
    Divisor

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1540 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

Released Render Player API for Minecraft 1.4.4.
Posted Image

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

Obrigado Por me ajudar a baixar o Api