• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

(Updated yet again) Mythological Sea Creatures & New Boats

ocean related content new boats sea creatures spears cannons underwater exploration diving

• Please log in to reply
815 replies to this topic

Artifact123

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

JasonG5, one problem with the Leviathan is the fact that it falls to the bottom of the sea and it's pretty much impossible to grab that loot without drowning. This reminds me of another relevant suggestion. That should be added to the OP, with credit to the original suggester ofcourse. It can be found in the thread ''adding the missing potions'' where one can find sponges underground in clusters which drop 2-4 sponge bit where you can use 4 to make a sponge or brew them with an Awkward Potion to get a Potion of Water Breathing.
My suggestions:

Cobwebs in spider dungeons: http://www.minecraft...pider-dungeons/

Register or log in to remove.

JasonG5
    JasonG5

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Minecraft: JasonG5

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

View PostArtifact123, on 15 December 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

JasonG5, one problem with the Leviathan is the fact that it falls to the bottom of the sea and it's pretty much impossible to grab that loot without drowning. This reminds me of another relevant suggestion. That should be added to the OP, with credit to the original suggester ofcourse. It can be found in the thread ''adding the missing potions'' where one can find sponges underground in clusters which drop 2-4 sponge bit where you can use 4 to make a sponge or brew them with an Awkward Potion to get a Potion of Water Breathing.

Ive got that covered with my snorkel suggestion (which is in the original post in this topic too) ... the snorkel allows you to hold your breath for longer, with various enchantments done on it to increase the amount of time you can hold your breath as well as giving you better visuals underwater : D
Posted Image

tedisgreat
  • Minecraft: thomasedurand

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

View PostJasonG5, on 15 December 2012 - 02:16 PM, said:

Ive got that covered with my snorkel suggestion (which is in the original post in this topic too) ... the snorkel allows you to hold your breath for longer, with various enchantments done on it to increase the amount of time you can hold your breath as well as giving you better visuals underwater : D

There is an enchantment called respiration for the helmet that has 3 levels the best level lets you stay underwater for a long time and potions of night vision increase underwater visibility.
Posted Image

Animalol
    Animalol

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Minecraft: Animalol

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

Done! I put a lot of effort into this post, must have taken me about 2 hours or so! Here's the link. Also to those who aren't JasonG5 that are reading this, log on to your planetminecraft.com account, click that link, and diamond and favorite that post! We need it to get popular! Posted Image

Also Jason, my brother thought of a pretty cool idea. He thought of whirlpools, that suck in your ship when you go near them, completely destroying the ship and killing the player! Posted Image

beastara

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

wow this is well thought out i would love to see this in vanilla minecraft or as a mod either way i support
Posted Image

JasonG5
    JasonG5

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

View Posttedisgreat, on 15 December 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

There is an enchantment called respiration for the helmet that has 3 levels the best level lets you stay underwater for a long time and potions of night vision increase underwater visibility.

Yeah but the snorkel lets you hold it for even longer also I talked about the snorkel way before the night vision potion was like sup. Still good point, perhaps using a potion to increase visibility rather than having it be part of the snorkel is better ? I dunno ..

View PostAnimalol, on 15 December 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

Done! I put a lot of effort into this post, must have taken me about 2 hours or so! Here's the link. Also to those who aren't JasonG5 that are reading this, log on to your planetminecraft.com account, click that link, and diamond and favorite that post! We need it to get popular! Posted Image

Also Jason, my brother thought of a pretty cool idea. He thought of whirlpools, that suck in your ship when you go near them, completely destroying the ship and killing the player! Posted Image

Thats great! Thanks man saved me alotta time ^^
also that sounds cool, Il add it to my to-do list and see what I can do with it

View Postbeastara, on 16 December 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

wow this is well thought out i would love to see this in vanilla minecraft or as a mod either way i support

Posted Image

NeroSuicider

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

Why isint this in the game yet O_O
Everyone spam jeb's notch's twitter :P
Anyway, full support
btw, when it says "500 xp" instead of that, it should say an amount of levels (the shipyard...)

Wakigawa
  • Minecraft: Wakigawa

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

I wonder why those things were not enabled yet on minecraft. Does the Mojang Staff even read this? I wonder...

Posted Image

JasonG5
    JasonG5

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

View PostNeroSuicider, on 16 December 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

Everyone spam jeb's notch's twitter Posted Image
Anyway, full support
btw, when it says "500 xp" instead of that, it should say an amount of levels (the shipyard...)

Not sure what you mean by that ? but the 500 exp isn't always 500 .. depending on the  blueprint youre making, it'll cost a different amount of EXP

View PostWakigawa, on 16 December 2012 - 12:05 PM, said:

I wonder why those things were not enabled yet on minecraft. Does the Mojang Staff even read this? I wonder...

I wonder too ...
Posted Image

Lance001
  • Minecraft: Lance0987654321

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

View PostNeroSuicider, on 16 December 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

Everyone spam jeb's notch's twitter :P
Anyway, full support
he means it would be nice to know how many levels 500 xp convert to. It would be much easier to know how much xp you would need to make a blueprint, as most people don't know how may lvls 500 xp is. I am very tired right now so if my reasoning is a little incoherent, please forgive me.
Thossssse are sssssome nice catsssss you have there.”Haha, I do have cats. You can’t come near me now!" HAHAHAHAH BOOOOOM!!!
The only creeper in the world not afraid of cats just had to find you, didn’t it.

JasonG5
    JasonG5

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

View PostLance001, on 16 December 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

he means it would be nice to know how many levels 500 xp convert to. It would be much easier to know how much xp you would need to make a blueprint, as most people don't know how may lvls 500 xp is. I am very tired right now so if my reasoning is a little incoherent, please forgive me.

oh yeah now I get it, I thought the levelling had to do with the shipyard (somehow) thanks for clearing that up ^-^ and your reasoning is perfectly fine
Posted Image

peppertyce
  • Minecraft: peppertyce

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

It's nice to see both of my favorite boat topics possibly getting modders. It seems my dream will come true after all.
Posted Image
"All hail Lelouch." "I Lelouch Vi Britannia order you, DIE!

tedisgreat
  • Minecraft: thomasedurand

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

I have a question is the shipyard the mega crafting table used to craft the big ships?
Posted Image

RebD
    RebD

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

View Postpeppertyce, on 16 December 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

It's nice to see both of my favorite boat topics possibly getting modders. It seems my dream will come true after all.

Yeah, I'm not into mods, but i'll have to get one of these boat mods if Mojang doesn't put it in vanilla. SIMPLY MUST HAVE MOAR BOATS!

JasonG5
    JasonG5

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

View Posttedisgreat, on 16 December 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

I have a question is the shipyard the mega crafting table used to craft the big ships?

ja, the shipyard crafts all ships. Input items/blocks, outputs are blueprints which you right click onto a wooden boat and that in turn, turns into the boat you want

View PostRebD, on 16 December 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

Yeah, I'm not into mods, but i'll have to get one of these boat mods if Mojang doesn't put it in vanilla. SIMPLY MUST HAVE MOAR BOATS!

moar !
Posted Image

CapnSquidlet
  • Minecraft: CapnSquidlet

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

This would be AWESOME!

All of the information sounds great and would be cool, you seemed to have put a LOT of work in to this so hopefully Mojang will at least consider adding some of this stuff :3 Looks great, nice work, have a nice day!

TNTSkeleBroa

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

No support, people will be mad at this update because if you haven't noticed people were annoyed about the new mobs recently added in 1.4

The boat, no just no. Not needed. The original boat is good enough and the firing arrows part....NO!!!!!
This will just make minecraft more stupid if its added so yeah, NO SUPPORT!!!

ShadedIcicles
  • Minecraft: ShadedIcicles

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

This is truly amazing, the thought put into this suggestion. Really great! I'd honestly love to see this be implemented. :D Diamonds to you! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

ShadedIcicles, map creator!

Check out Lost in the Sky! Survival http://www.minecraft...ost-in-the-sky/

JasonG5
    JasonG5

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

View PostCapnSquidlet, on 20 December 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

This would be AWESOME!

All of the information sounds great and would be cool, you seemed to have put a LOT of work in to this so hopefully Mojang will at least consider adding some of this stuff :3 Looks great, nice work, have a nice day!

Thanks : )  & I hope so too, it'd be nice to have more boats

View PostTNTSkeleBroa, on 20 December 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

No support, people will be mad at this update because if you haven't noticed people were annoyed about the new mobs recently added in 1.4

The boat, no just no. Not needed. The original boat is good enough and the firing arrows part....NO!!!!!

Okay .. dont you have a better reason than "no, just no" .. it'd be nice to hear some constructive critcism as to why you dont want this added, atleast then i could see watsup

View PostShadedIcicles, on 23 December 2012 - 02:59 PM, said:

This is truly amazing, the thought put into this suggestion. Really great! I'd honestly love to see this be implemented. Posted Image Diamonds to you! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Ty! : D
Posted Image

Animalol
    Animalol

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Minecraft: Animalol

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

View PostTNTSkeleBroa, on 20 December 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

Sounds to me like you're one of those whiners who hate the things that Mojang adds to Minecraft. People like you annoy me so much! Stop whining, and if you don't like the updates, either 1. Don't update at all, or 2. Stop playing Minecraft. Just because you don't like this idea doesn't mean others don't. The world doesn't revolve around you if you hadn't noticed. I think this idea is great, but I'd rather a mod. But whatever happens, happens. If this got implemented, I wouldn't start whining like some of you. I'd just go with it. And no, I'm not judging your opinion. You just didn't have to be so rude about it and whine about it.
Merry Christmas!