Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Making my own minecraft mods


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1

Cddizzym

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:58 AM

I Would love to make my own mods in minecraft but i have no idea where to start.
I would be very greatful if someone could put me on the right track. In return for this kindness ill do my best to bring awesome and cool new mods.
[simg]http://i.imgur.com/GBNFg.jpg[/simg]
http://www.minecraft...851414#p2851414
Hey wanna pull my magic wand? - Cddizzym talking with friends.

Register or log in to remove.

#2

Lasassin
  • Location: Right behind you....

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:46 AM

Cddizzym said:

I Would love to make my own mods in minecraft but i have no idea where to start.
I would be very greatful if someone could put me on the right track. In return for this kindness ill do my best to bring awesome and cool new mods.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=103030&p=1531779
This is a fairly good tutorial, it teaches you the basics of modding.

#3

Cddizzym

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:48 AM

Lasassin said:

Cddizzym said:

I Would love to make my own mods in minecraft but i have no idea where to start.
I would be very greatful if someone could put me on the right track. In return for this kindness ill do my best to bring awesome and cool new mods.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=103030&p=1531779
This is a fairly good tutorial, it teaches you the basics of modding.

Ahh thanks ill take a good look at it now

Edit: It says i need programming experiance..and i have none. I need a tutorial thats up to date and can help a simple nooby such as myself
[simg]http://i.imgur.com/GBNFg.jpg[/simg]
http://www.minecraft...851414#p2851414
Hey wanna pull my magic wand? - Cddizzym talking with friends.

#4

kingbdogz
    kingbdogz

    Retired Staff

  • Retired Staff
  • 781 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:01 AM

Quote

It says i need programming experiance..and i have none. I need a tutorial thats up to date and can help a simple nooby such as myself

Sorry mate, but the hard cold truth is that you need at least some small modding or coding experience beforehand in order to attempt Minecraft modding. If you don't have any, you'll find that it'll become extremely hard for you to cope with. In time you could probably become a capable enough coder to make your own mod, but it is highly recommended that you learn some Java beforehand. If you don't, you'll be very frustrated as you are trying to learn both Java and how the Minecraft code works all at that same time.
Posted Image

#5

Cddizzym

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:10 AM

Well where can i learn java.
Ive got so many ideas that i dont mind learning more things.
Plus learning java will proberly help me in the future
[simg]http://i.imgur.com/GBNFg.jpg[/simg]
http://www.minecraft...851414#p2851414
Hey wanna pull my magic wand? - Cddizzym talking with friends.

#6

Kazeto
    Kazeto

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 1108 posts
  • Location: somewhere in Europe

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:14 AM

Here is a rather useful tutorial that might help you learn Java:
http://download.orac... ... index.html

Also, don't give up - it might seem difficult on the beginning (and it probably is difficult), but it's never impossible to learn, and after you learn you can start with some simple mods to get used to it. After that it'll get faster and you might even create something grand one day.
If anyone of you got hurt by a stray brick from one of my walls of text, please accept my honest apologies.

#7

Cddizzym

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:23 AM

Kazeto said:

Here is a rather useful tutorial that might help you learn Java:
http://download.orac... ... index.html

Also, don't give up - it might seem difficult on the beginning (and it probably is difficult), but it's never impossible to learn, and after you learn you can start with some simple mods to get used to it. After that it'll get faster and you might even create something grand one day.

Thank you Sir. You have my thanks. I will do what i can to learn this and bring great mods to minecraft.
you have gained a  :iapprove: and for everyone else on this form you also recive a  :Diamond:. I will do my best to learn and bring great mods =)
[simg]http://i.imgur.com/GBNFg.jpg[/simg]
http://www.minecraft...851414#p2851414
Hey wanna pull my magic wand? - Cddizzym talking with friends.

#8

mc calvin1

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:18 AM

cool necrons 40k all the way :Diamond:
Posted Image

#9

BhrandonOwnz1

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:23 AM

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=153315&start=90#p2320355

Here's video tutorials if you want  :)

Posted Image


#10

birjolaxew
    birjolaxew

    Forum/Wiki Sponsor

  • Members
  • 1583 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:17 PM

Or there's the one in my sig.

Posted Image


Posted Image


Posted Image


Mega Bear said:

Not really a game... just a mass suicide you're inviting people to take part in.

What is this, I don't even

Posted Image

#11

ModderBoy

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:34 AM

I guess i could teach you the very basic's send me a pm if u want me to
Posted Image

#12

prokillza
    prokillza

    Redstone Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 635 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:29 PM

Cddizzym said:

Kazeto said:

Here is a rather useful tutorial that might help you learn Java:
http://download.orac... ... index.html

Also, don't give up - it might seem difficult on the beginning (and it probably is difficult), but it's never impossible to learn, and after you learn you can start with some simple mods to get used to it. After that it'll get faster and you might even create something grand one day.

Thank you Sir. You have my thanks. I will do what i can to learn this and bring great mods to minecraft.
you have gained a  :Zombie: and for everyone else on this form you also recive a  :Orange:. I will do my best to learn and bring great mods =)
I could work with you along the way
Prokillza - Head Of Sales For WWW.ZAZZLE.COM

#13

IX iTzRogue XI
  • Minecraft: IX_iTzRogue_XI

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:45 PM

I say go with birjolaxew's tutorials first since they teach you the basic of coding (at least for minecraft). Then go to simo45's tutorials since you'll know enough from birjolaxew's tutorials to understand what simo is talking about. Then finally follow his and nicaetinismo's tutorials (which are own birjolaxew's thread) on how to make mods with mod loader. Also go here on how to set up mcp for modding with mod loader v5 Link

#14

belowextraordinary
  • Minecraft: aboveordinary

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:12 AM

so I am also new to modding, i have quite a bit of coding experience and know about simple variables and can understand java very well. i am however having trouble getting the code so can somone please walk me through the steps of getting it to the coded form. if you do i will ( if you want) send you the very first working version of my mod  :GoldBar: :GoldBar:   i will thank you in advance and hope that somone will teach me the way  :rolleyes:
Redstoner, cmd block expert, and youtube manager for DazeMinecraft
http://www.dazeminecraft.com/

Posted Image

#15

legobmw99
  • Minecraft: legobmw99

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:46 AM

are you accepting sugestios yet?
Posted Image

#16

Modderness
  • Minecraft: botifier

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:49 AM

i have no programing knowlege and i make mob mods ;)  good luck
Posted Image