• Xbox:xodX

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

Redstone Paste
Posted Image
Crafting recipe:
Posted Image
Alternate recipe:
Posted Image
Redstone paste is like redstone dust - in a way. The difference is that it can be placed on walls and ceilings. It cannot connect to normal redstone dust, but can still receive power from redstone torches. The crafting recipes, shown above, craft 2 pieces of redstone paste. The current carries as far as normal redstone dust.

Redstone Wire
Posted Image
Recipe (Pretend that the magma cream is redstone paste)
Posted Image
Using gold as a conductor, carries current 2x as far as normal redstone. It can also be placed anywhere in the air. Crafting recipe crafts 2 (or 3?) redstone wire pieces. Redstone wire can be powered by buttons, levers, and power sources (see below), but not redstone torches. Redstone wire connects to all blocks.

Redstone Power source
Posted Image
Recipe (again, the cream is supposed to be redstone paste):
Posted Image

Provides power to adjacent blocks, and can be placed anywhere. Unlike redstone torches, this cannot be un-powered, making redstone torches still useful.

...That's really it. If this was implemented, I think a lot of redstone techies like sethbling and FVDisco would make really good use out of this. Keep in mind this idea was off the top of my head so it's not as well explained as my other suggestions, but I wanted to get it out there and see what people thought of the general idea before putting a lot of effort into it.

Register or log in to remove.

ChadGarion25
  • Minecraft: ChadGarion25

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

Redstone wire has been done before. Your not adding anything new other than crafting recipes.

You don't even add any detail of how things work so how are we supposed to be motivated to support it.

Redyoshi101
  • Minecraft: Redyoshi510

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:17 PM

View PostChadGarion25, on 30 May 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

Redstone wire has been done before. Your not adding anything new other than crafting recipes.

You don't even add any detail of how things work so how are we supposed to be motivated to support it.

What is there to explain?

Redstone paste can be placed on walls. What do you want me to explain more about?

Redstone wire can be placed anywhere. What more needs to be explained?

Redstone power sources can be placed anywhere but cannot be unpowered. What else should be said?

While I admit that my other suggestions are much more thought out and have more detail, does every suggestion need to be packed with tons of features?

Redyoshi101

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

...although I guess things like how far current carries, placement, etc could be thought out, now that you mention it.

I'll add that stuff in the morning. (morning, GMT +3:00 time)

Redyoshi101

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:50 AM

How's that?

YayForMinecraft

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

Nice! But then, Redstone PSes are pretty much useless.
I haven't even bought MineCraft, I don't have the money...

Redyoshi101

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:39 PM

View PostYayForMinecraft, on 31 May 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

Nice! But then, Redstone PSes are pretty much useless.

Um... excuse my redstone noobishness, but what is a redstone PS?

Mulan15262

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

I like this idea.
Posted ImageHere is the dragon I am raising now. In the spoiler are my grown dragons.
Spoiler: